tummy help please..... 75lbs down 23lbs to go

I never ever thought I would get to this point, id even be happy with my weight right now if only I did not have the yummy mummy over hanging jelly belly...

please please tell me that this goes with exercise I have started a tummy toning thing.... its only been a week but I am scared it will never leave me...

my mum spoke to a doctor and he said it is more rare for the tummy not to go, its usually people who have lost a mad amount of weight fast and not exercised....

I don't expect a flat stomach just not one that makes me look like a I have a cute 4 month bump......

How quickly did you lose your weight? Obviously it's very common to be left with loose skin, especially if you lose a lot of weight quickly, and it's more prevalent in people on VLCDs or who've had a gastric band. There may be things you can try, like exercise or skin firming creams, if it is loose skin, but the only really effective thing is surgical removal - at least according to all the weight loss programmes that I drive my husband mad by watching, lol. Hopefully, if you lose the rest at a steady pace, do some stomach toning exercise and maybe try cocoa butter on it, things will improve, especially if you're young. :) xx

I have got quite a lot of loose skin around stomach, which I know will never go! I exercised while losing weight and as you can see from my stats, lost it steadily. However, I have been a lifelong yoyoy dieter so have probably stretched my skin beyond recognition. (I'm scared to flap my arms in case I take flight.) It doesn't bother me, as I see it as a sign of my success!

lardylady said:
I have got quite a lot of loose skin around stomach, which I know will never go! I exercised while losing weight and as you can see from my stats, lost it steadily. However, I have been a lifelong yoyoy dieter so have probably stretched my skin beyond recognition. (I'm scared to flap my arms in case I take flight.) It doesn't bother me, as I see it as a sign of my success!

Oh I agree completely! I view mine as a badge of honour, lol. I know I can never wear clothes that show my arms, thighs or stomach again, but I'm 50 and I couldn't care less - what matters is that I'm 8.5 stone lighter, and the same goes for anyone else who loses weight. :)

thank you ladies, I turn 30 in august ive lost the 75lbs over 19 months. its only my stomach to be honest, its not even flapping skin at this stage id say that's where the last 23lbs are, I did try to weigh my stomach once in a moment of madness, my husband says it is coming in and I agree about the badge of honour that's how I see my stretch marks like a journey but I really hate the fact I look pregnant, have been trying for the last 5 months to do something about the stomach belly flap over hang and nothing is working at the moment. just going to up my training. thank you again for your replies its nice that people will talk about it.

My remaining fat stubbornly clings to my belly too, lol. I just keep trying to reduce it ounce by ounce! You have youth on your side (at least that's how it seems to someone 30 years older!), and you've lost it nice and steadily, so hopefully it will just be that last bit of fat hanging on for dear life, and you can just prise it off one finger at a time! :D xx

thank you so much I needed to hear that now I can have a joyful cry and keep going and considering your 30 years older you in no way look it xxx beauty shines out

It can go. I had a terrible stomach and still have a ways to go. I have before and pictures to show the difference. I am using It Works body wraps and defining gel and it has changed my life.

It can go. It will take a little longer but you can have a sexy stomach. I am trusting in what I am doing and I can honestly say thus far it is working for me....

cliodhna&sorcha's-mummy said:
thank you so much I needed to hear that now I can have a joyful cry and keep going and considering your 30 years older you in no way look it xxx beauty shines out

Oh dear, I meant 20 years, so sorry, I'm nearly 51! Hope that doesn't change your opinion too much, I feel such a fool!! But it's true, if an old crock like me, who has health problems galore and does zero exercise, can lose a lot with few skin problems, then someone 20 years younger definitely can! :) xx

still 51 looking good.i really mean that....... I quit smoking 3 months ago also which has why my weight loss has been all over the place hoping to be level pegging with a 2lb weight loss Wednesday night.... really don't mind a small tummy just want the over hang gone.... why is it the stomach is the last to go..... xx

cliodhna&sorcha's-mummy said:
still 51 looking good.i really mean that....... I quit smoking 3 months ago also which has why my weight loss has been all over the place hoping to be level pegging with a 2lb weight loss Wednesday night.... really don't mind a small tummy just want the over hang gone.... why is it the stomach is the last to go..... xx

Oh thank you - I must admit I was relieved you said I didn't look it when I mistakenly let you think I was 60, lol. :D I think the place the weight clings to depends on your body shape, I'm definitely an apple because my bum has completely disappeared yet I still have a belly! I suppose as women we do tend to carry weight there too. But if you can exercise it definitely helps. I've had to do it by diet alone, which is fine for losing weight but no good for loosening up all the wobbly bits, lol. :) xx

Back