Tummy tuck prices

Pheonix2010

Silver Member
Hi all
I am currently losing weight , want lose 50lb and have lost 19 so far
I have had 2 c sections , my second pregnancy was awful , i went 15 days overdue and my son was just shy of 10lb, Im only 5ft 1 and I was HUGE, and all out front
I will I have no doubt be left with an unsightly apron , well its there now and I cant see it going even when ive lost the weight
my abdominal muscles are shot too

I hope to have a tummy tuck in a year or 2 , and I know that my chances of getting one on the nhs is zilch as im "only" losing 50lb

Can I be cheeky and ask people who have had one or enquired , what did you pay or were you quoted please , private message me if you rather , Ive had a couple of quotes but want to compare really

...and were you pleased with the result

Ive looked into going abroad but the thought of being so far from home scares me , I live in Northampton and my parents live in south lincolnshire so would need to recouperate at either place , ideally want a localish place to have the procedure

Thanks in advance

Sally

Hi, I know this might not be much help but I thought I would reply as nobody else has yet.

I've never had a tummy tuck but might end up needing one after I get to target.

I resorted to trusty old Google and found this : Female Cosmetic Surgery Procedures - plastic surgery clinics for women in the UK As far as I can tell they have clinics in Lincolnshire, I think they do in Northampton too but I'm not 100%

Tummy tuck is the 2nd on the list.

I think it's a bit cheeky the NHS won't consider giving you a tummy tuck since u only have to lose 50lbs. It will be one hell of an achievement and a brilliant loss.

I'm pretty sure from past research I've done that the surgery can cost around £2000 (I think!)

But bear in mind that it can take a year or 2 for the skin to 'snap' back as much as it's going to after weight loss, which fits in perfectly with your time frame of when you want to have the surgery. After that time, you never know, you might decide you don't want to go ahead, so it gives you some head space too, as well as some time to save money or sort out finances if you do want to go ahead.

Hope this helps, I know it wasn't quite the reply you were looking for! :)

Thanks so much for the reply , and its a really good point, I would like to think that once i lose the weight and spend a couple of years getting fitter then maybe Ill be satisfied with the end result and wont feel I need one

Id like to excercise more now but its uncomfortable , (large boobs lol) and also I get really self concious so its a bit of a vicious circle

Thanks for your thoughts

My story is pretty similar. I have another 50lbs until I will be my target weight. I'm 5'2". Have had 2 sections and a hysterectomy. I am planning to have a tummy tuck next year. I have been quoted £4300, at a private hospital not too far from where I live. I have also seen something called body tight which is half the cost. It is done under a local anaesthetic, it is liposuction which heats up the skin at same time, and encourages it to shrink. When all my weight is gone, I am goin g to take advice.
good luck in whatever you decide.
Wendy

Thanks Wendy , thats a good price , is that for a full tummy tuck including tightening the muscles , Ive been quoted around 5,600 which includes all the pre and post op appointments

Ill definitely look into the other procedure you mention too

Good luck if you decide to go for it
Sally

There is a video on the body tight web site that shows you how they do it. Very interesting.
The price they have quoted me for tummy touch includes repair to the muscles.
Wendy.

Ive tried to find out how much bodytite is but cant find anything , i suppose you have to contact them but if that was going to give me a result id be happy with then i would definitely choose it over a tummy tuck , im not loking for a perfect body , just want rid of my extra bit of belly :)

Bit late in posting but i had a tummy tuck and muscle repair in jan 2010 and paid £4995, that also included yrs aftercare x

Thanks Candy Cat , happy with your result ?
where did you go , Im trying to get a list of recommended surgeons
Thankyou

Hi, very happy with my results!
I chose Ali Juma for my op, but i don't live anywhere near you, so i doubt thats much help to you.
However he does is operations in The Spires Hospitals, in our local area and i couldn't fault them, if you google Spires you will find your local hospital and be able to see which surgeons work there. Also check BAAPS website.
I reserached for a long time, you can't research enough if i'm honest.
Have a few consultations with different surgeons before you pick one.
God luck and just ask if you need any other info x

Thats great thankyou so much
I hope to reach goal by end of May , then Ill give myself a year before I decide
apparently the skin can tighten up a little over time anyway and I want to see what i can achieve with exercise
then Ill see what kind of state my belly is in
so plenty of time for lots of research
Thanks again x

Bet you feel relieved it's all over and a success. You sound happy, good for you, how much weight had you lost? And was your tummy bad before?
You'll look fab in the summer :)
Keep posting your progress. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thats great thankyou so much
I hope to reach goal by end of May , then Ill give myself a year before I decide
apparently the skin can tighten up a little over time anyway and I want to see what i can achieve with exercise
then Ill see what kind of state my belly is in
so plenty of time for lots of research
Thanks again x

No problem, any good surgeon, will want to see hat you have managed to aintain your weight before they operate.

I'd maintanied, managed to put some on after op with not being able to exercise, and spent last few years trying to get it back off, don't think i've tried mega hard as i still have a lovely flat belly, that was one of my main hates, prob why i was so strick with dieting trying to get rid my tummy. but i really want to head back into my happy weight this year. I had 2.5lb of skin removed during op, not massive but gave me my confidence back :)

Good luck x

Bet you feel relieved it's all over and a success. You sound happy, good for you, how much weight had you lost? And was your tummy bad before?
You'll look fab in the summer :)
Keep posting your progress. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, i lost my weight a few years back, i set off at 13st 10lb after i had my 2nd child and got to my lowest at 9st 10lb, so i lost 4st, but i was far to skinny at 9st 10lb, got myself back to floating between 10st-10st 7lb, thats wherei was happy and maintained, had my tummy tuck at 10st 7lb, put the weight on that i'm currently trying to lose with in the year after my op, mainly due to lack of exercise, and not keeping an eye on my eating, to busy admiring my flat tummy lol, them spent all last year trying to get weight back off, obviously wasn't tring hard enough. But i'm in the right fame of mind, i want to have it lost by hols this year and look even better in my bikini than i did last year!
My tummy was bad enough for me to want rid of it, was sick of tucking it in!! My friends where amazed how well i hid it.

I can post pic's?

I best get saving. :)

It nice to have an idea of prices, Im sure I'll need a few as I have lots to lose.

Hi there,

Im having thigh surgery in august after loosing 8 stone.

Im going to Micindoe surgical centre in west sussex, this maybe a little to far for you but google them anyway

Back