Tummys after weight loss?

futureyummymummy

Silver Member
Hi, well after having lost almost 4st even though I'm still about 2.5 away from goal it's really disheartening to look at my body.

My tummy is awful it's really (and I mean REALLY) saggy (which causes a lot of problems and discomfort) and sticks out loads, the rest of my body is a size 12 but I'm having to wear a 14 because of this.

I am aware that my muscles are seperated (damaged to the extent of no going back as told by my dr) and I know this could be causing the bulging and that my skins so badly scarred and stretched that it will more than likely never go back (also been advised this by my dr) but it's still just awful, I will be having a tummy tuck when I reach goal as for me it's corrective not cosmetic.

I was just wondering how other womens tums have been/are after losing their weight, if you don't want to reply in here you can pm me, I'm really uncomfortable discussing the problems that go with it hence not putting them here for all the men to read :p but anyway I'm just curious as to what other womens experiences have been in regards to this and wether anyone else is suffering as badly?

Emma xXx

Lucky me

Although I'm 54 I think the difference is that unfortunately I have never had any children and fortunately i have never had surgery. They seem to be the 2 main factors. I've lost 12stone. My tummy isn't bad at all. I'll never have the body of a 25 year old again but look 100% better with clothes on and definitely better without clothes than I did at 21.5 stone. So I won't be considering surgery.
If I was in your situation I might.

:ambulance::character00264::ambulance:

Mines not good either and I will be considering a consultation for a tummy tuck too! I have another 4 stone to go (making me 12 stone) before I will go to the doctors to set the ball rolling although I would like to get to about 10 stone.
I've had 5 children and been as high as 22 stone 12lbs so as you can imagine my tummy is knackered!!!

I've had 3 and my highest was 17.5, I just can't wait to have it sorted it's really getting me down now :(

i had 2 big big babies both c section and have lost just over 9 st and doc has referred me for a tt but its a long process got to go on wait list for clinical physc then who knows the bottom half of my stomach is just skin apron saggy but the bit above my belly button protrudes out quite a bit my muscles are knackered as well think thats why the top half sticks out the top half annoys me more because it sits over the top of my trousers where as the bottom half you can kinda tuck away if that makes sense

Yeah, I'll be going private so it will be quick when I do get it. I think mines going to end up like that too rachel it's just so awful looking in the mirror right now. I was bloody crying over it all earlier, how pathetic is that!

My tummy is really untoned and saggy. partly after two children ( and i ate for england when i was pregnant, had an ideal excuse!!) and partly because i am quite lazy when it comes to exercise.:eek:

fortunatley i had natural childbirth both times so muscle underneath it all intact so if i was really bothered i could probably improve it a bit, but i kinda accept it as it is.
I'm fortuante that its only my lower tum so i think when i get to target anything above the waistline of my jeans i wont mind showing in shorter t-shirts but at 45 i doubt i'll be wearing cropped tops or a bikini again,from this point of view i have a far bigger hang up about my thighs cos it would be nice to be able to wear shorts in the summer, but we are talking cellulite city!!:eek:
So the only people who really see it are myself and hubby, and he accepts me for what/who i am ( far better than i do infact). I can usually make it look ok where is all constrained by clothes.:)

I hope i have been open and honest and told you what you might want to hear as another point of view.

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss and you tummy tuck when you finally get there. I can fully understand you going for it. I am not against plastic surgery (tho i think there are people who go waaay too far) its just not for me.:)

My tummy is not too bad at the moment, I have lost just short of 2 stone. I want to lose 3 more (or more if I feel I can! being short an all) I do religiously do sit ups, and tonning excerises 2 times a day, along with running (alhough not done any running this week as kids off school and no time to think!!) I have really felt it helps! Although when I go for a shower at night, my stomache seems to be sticking out as big as it was when I started, I am telling myself it's all the water from the day!!

I have had 2 children NB and after my ds I did ping back into shape! Now dd is 4 1/2 and I have only just done something about it yikes heehee

I would consider it though!! and get my boobs done too haha

Thanks mommyB always nice to have a different perspective on things :). I'm only 24 though and feel VERY uncomfortable in my own skin I can't wear t-shirts that finish any higher than my hips and then theres how uncomfortable it is (especially after exercising etc). I just feel at the moment as though it looked better when I was bigger and it all just seem's pointless at the mo BUT my tt is the light at the end of the tunnel for me :)

My hubby says he loves me as I am too but this is all about me I'm afraid, I do value his opinion but this is something I have to do for me :)

Emma xXx

Hold on guys its not all doom and gloom i was told that it will take 8 months and the loose skin will pull back, you need to do exercises too but its not all lost.

If you lost about 15 stones then you have no chance but yummy we are only talking 4. Give your body a chance :)

Oh yes my boobs are second on the list but seeing as I can hoick them up in a bra tummy comes first!

Huseyin you're a star but you obviously don't know the damage stretchmarks do to your skins elasticity ;) my skin is scarred beyond belief and the medical opinion is that i'm 'royally ****ed' lol xXx

Thanks mommyB always nice to have a different perspective on things :). I'm only 24 though and feel VERY uncomfortable in my own skin I can't wear t-shirts that finish any higher than my hips and then theres how uncomfortable it is (especially after exercising etc). I just feel at the moment as though it looked better when I was bigger and it all just seem's pointless at the mo BUT my tt is the light at the end of the tunnel for me :)

My hubby says he loves me as I am too but this is all about me I'm afraid, I do value his opinion but this is something I have to do for me :)

Emma xXx

oh i do sympathise. I can remember when my 1st dorta was born i just thought tum would look normal after, but instead it looked like an empty carrier bag.
and i do understand that its about how you feel about yourself whatever anyone else says.
if i was your age i would be going for the tummy tuck too , it just doesnt seem so imprtant to me now, mutton dressed as lamb and all that. you're gonna look fantastic

7lb 2, 7lb 8 and 7lb 10 but I have a very small frame (am only 5'3) and my bumps were enormous!

Stretch marks need surgical procedures, but hey look on the bright side would you rather have flab and stretch marks or a nice flat rippling tummy with stretch marks, besides they dont look that bad i have them too you know lol.

Dont worry a tan and some gym will sort it out for you

hi there
i'm worried about this too.

Ive had 3 kids and although have not been above 14 stone ( but am only just over 5 ft) my stomach is awful.
i have only been on ll for 7 weeks and only lost 23 lbs - but already everything is so saggy.
my thighs at the front are looking very strange - sort of droopy. i'm going swimming tomorrow with the family and not really looking forward to it.
my boobs are also disappearing - not a good look after b/f 3 kids they are going to end up not good i think :-(
daisy x

Back