Tuna and Chorizo Fishcakes

moonwatcher

Gold Member
Tuna and Chorizo Fishcakes.

Serves 2

Ingredients:

1 x 130g tin of Tuna in oil (I like the 'no-drain' ones)
1 - 2 oz of chorizo
Cauliflower florets - I used about 5 average sized florets - about the size you would have with a Sunday roast
1 egg
Herbs of your choice - I used a 'fish herb mix' I had in the cupboard
Smoked paprika - 1 - 2 tspns
Lime juice - 1 - 2 tablespoons (or you could use vinegar if lime juice is a problem - I would use a lot less vinegar than lime juice though. Another option would be some finely grated lime zest)
Salt and black pepper to taste

As you can see (!) the amounts of the individual ingredients aren't too critical. Adjust to your taste/carb allowance/what you have in your kitchen

Method:

Steam the cauli until just soft, not mushy. Leave to drain for a while, then blot with kitchen roll to get them as dry as possible.

Cut the chorizo into small chunks. I fried mine as I like the flavour.

Mash the cauli roughly and add to the tuna with the chorizo. Mix together with herbs, paprika and lime juice. Mix in the egg. Taste and add salt and pepper to your taste.

This made 8 small fishcakes. I made them up between two big spoons as the mix is a bit wet to handle. Cook on an oiled baking tray in the oven 180 - 200 degrees for around 20-25 mins, flipping over halfway through. Cooking time isn't critical, as long as they are nice and hot through to the middles.

Delicious with Horseradish and Nutmeg Sauce:

Fresh horseradish - about 1 - 1 /2 inch of an average root, grated
Sour Cream - one tablespoon
Double cream - one dessertspoonful
Salt and black pepper - to taste
Fresh grated nutmeg (or dried) - to taste

Method - Bung it all together!

If you cant get fresh horseradish you can add some nutmeg to horseradish sauce, if you can get a 'legal' one

This sound yummy. Will give it a go :0)

These sound so amazing that I went straight out (7:30 am!) to buy a cauliflower!! :D

Yum!

P x

:D Hope you enjoy them after the sudden dash shopping trip! I was doing an online shop today and have ordered some tuna ready to make them later in the week, so it looks like they will be on several tables this week!

These are gorgeous!

I used hot smoked paprika, so they've got a kick to them, just the way I like my food :D

P x

Just had my delivery from Mr Tesco with my tuna and some more paprika, as my jar is nearly empty. These are definitely on the menu one day this week.

Back