tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

Hey Greta, I totally understand where you're coming from but don't worry I'll be good :p I weigh out all my food anyway such as cereal, pasta, rice ect and I avoid bread and horribly bad things like crisps. The only things I don't weigh is salad as generally it's very low calorie and good for filling you up. The calorie counting has helped as well as I'll now stay away from having too much of certain things such as cheese (80 calories per slice!) and sweetcorn. And the other side is that potentially eating a few more calories than I was having before may actually increase my weight loss, which would be nice but we'll have to wait and see. Whichever way it goes, as long as continue to loose a 1lb a week then all's good for me.

And depressingly - I eat between 1000 and 1200 a day and I only maintain 9 stone 7... maybe the odd lb drop every few weeks. I'd like to see 9 stone and am hopeful I can do this within the next 6 weeks < currently 9 st 6 > but my god it's slow...

I have to agree with this as well! I think another reason I'm not bothering with CC any more is because I couldn't have been more strict, beating my recommended daily exercise, staying within the calories, and it wasn't actually making that much difference that before where I was a bit more relaxed about what I was eating.

Thank you as well, but I don't reckon I'll hit my target for Christmas :). Being at uni means I'm sat around more doing work and I don't have as much time to get to the gym, but I'm still hoping to at least hit 10st by Xmas.

Well the carvery went well, though I did eat too much but I regretted it today when my stomach was in knots and I spent all morning on the loo (tmi I know but still :p). I've had some cereal for breakfast, a tuna salad for dinner, and I'll be making some form of meat with Philadelphia sauce, brown rice, peas and carrots. I managed to get back to the gym today for the first time in over two weeks whoop. I didn't stay for long due to ahem - toilet problems - but I managed to cycle 10 km on the bikes and a little bit on the cross trainer. I'm hoping to go back tomorrow after uni and start to get back into my regular routine.

Morning all, just a super quick post as I'm off to work in 5 mins!

Official weigh in for today is 68.2kg, so I've managed to stay at 10st 10lb, which is great. The scales also tell me I'm only 0.2lbs away from 10st 9lb, which is even better. Hopefully I'll see that number in the next couple of days :)

tweekedgirl said:
Morning all, just a super quick post as I'm off to work in 5 mins!

Official weigh in for today is 68.2kg, so I've managed to stay at 10st 10lb, which is great. The scales also tell me I'm only 0.2lbs away from 10st 9lb, which is even better. Hopefully I'll see that number in the next couple of days :)

Hopefully!! I'm the same too!

Hopefully!! I'm the same too!

Good luck with your weigh-in Karen! Let's hope you see the 10st 9lb :)

Past couple of days haven't been that bad. Been at work all weekend, so quite busy but managed to keep relatively good eating. Saturday I had eggs for breakfast, a peri-peri chicken pasta for tea and then (naughtily) had a Chinese for tea. Me and the BF shared salt and pepper chicken and chips and was nicely full, so it's good to know that I can enjoy a takeaway once every couple of weeks knowing I'm not going to binge and go mental. Yesterday I had some Morrisons trim flakes for breakfast, a lovely tomato, basil and creme fraiche soup for dinner with an apple and then fish, new potatoes and peas for tea.

My weight is currently at 68.4kg, so a teeny bit heavier than Saturday but I expected it and I'm still at 10st 10, so no worries.

I've had eggs again for breakfast this morning and currently sat here with a coffee. Think I'll have a soup for dinner with some Ryvita, then I'm off to the gym at about 2pm for an hour or so. Not sure what I'll be having for tea, but thinking of having something low carb.

Hello everyone, hope you're having a good morning as I certainly am! Mid-week weigh in shows me at 67.4 / 10st 8!! Can't believe it. So tempted to put it on my graph just so I know it's really there but I will be good and hold off until official Saturday weigh-in and hope that I'm able to stay at this or even push for the 10st 7lb mark.

Gym on Monday was fun. I did 35 mins of uphill walking and running, rode 5km on the bikes, and then did a variety of stomach and upper arm resistance training reps. Burned approximately 400 calories I reckon. For tea that night we ended up having wraps, so not exactly carb-free haha but generally quite healthy anyway. Yesterday's meals consisted of eggs for breakfast, a big tuna salad for lunch, a mocha and an apple at uni, and then since we didn't get home till around half 7 we just popped in a pizza. Which is another reason why I'm so shocked about this mornings weight!

So food for today has so far been eggs again for breakfast (you think I'd be bored by now :p), I'm at uni at 12 so something nice and light before I go such as soup, I'll take an apple in again to have with my mocha around 2, and then home at 5 and I'll probably have either salad or some more soup. I'm out with uni peeps tonight for drinks and dancing, so don't want to eat anything too heavy to avoid that awful bloated look.

And also, another non-scale victory! I'm not sure if I've mentioned these somewhere in this diary, but back when I started out in June, my main goal clothing was a pair of River Island size 10 shorts which I absolutely love. In June when I tried them on, they wouldn't even get past my thighs, so I resigned to the fact I'd probably never get back in them. When I reached 11st I tried them on again, and I could actually get them on, though they wouldn't fasten. Tried them on again this morning, and they now fasten, and they're not even that tight! :) I'm hoping that by the next half a stone I'll be prancing around in them like the good ol' times.

You're doing fab! Keep it up and yippee for the NSV. X

Hello everyone, hope you're having a good morning as I certainly am! Mid-week weigh in shows me at 67.4 / 10st 8!! Can't believe it. So tempted to put it on my graph just so I know it's really there but I will be good and hold off until official Saturday weigh-in and hope that I'm able to stay at this or even push for the 10st 7lb mark.

Better wait a little bit... for that weight in my oppinion, chances are high it may not show what you expect (liquid retention and stuff like that)

Thanks Squishy :)

And the week gets better! 67.1kg this morning which means I'm just just into 10st 7lb!! Absolutely over the moon. If I can keep at this until Saturday then that means a 3lb weight loss this week, which will have been my largest loss in one week since I've started. Very exciting times!

Yesterday was average food wise. Eggs for breakfast, mocha at uni, soup and ryvita for tea, out in town with far too much alcohol, and a small chicken tikka pitta with lettuce and a bit of garlic mayo before we came home.

Today has been so far, eggs for breakfast and a small packet of crisps. Going to be having salad for dinner in a few hours, and then I think a lentil curry for tea sounds nice. I'm planning to stay in and crack on with uni work today so need to keep myself busy to avoid any snacking. Hope all goes well and I'm very positive for this week's weigh in.

tweekedgirl said:
Thanks Squishy :)

And the week gets better! 67.1kg this morning which means I'm just just into 10st 7lb!! Absolutely over the moon. If I can keep at this until Saturday then that means a 3lb weight loss this week, which will have been my largest loss in one week since I've started. Very exciting times!

Yesterday was average food wise. Eggs for breakfast, mocha at uni, soup and ryvita for tea, out in town with far too much alcohol, and a small chicken tikka pitta with lettuce and a bit of garlic mayo before we came home.

Today has been so far, eggs for breakfast and a small packet of crisps. Going to be having salad for dinner in a few hours, and then I think a lentil curry for tea sounds nice. I'm planning to stay in and crack on with uni work today so need to keep myself busy to avoid any snacking. Hope all goes well and I'm very positive for this week's weigh in.

Well done I'm so jealous!! 10 7lb is my next goal!! 4 more pounds to go!!!

Well after such a positive looking week, official weigh-in was only 68.0kg, meaning a loss of 0.2kg :( Bit gutted, but that's life and at least I can now officially say I'm 10st 9lb. Prepare for tmi, but I think the reason I'm not showing what I'd have hoped is due to constipation the past couple of days. Food's been going in. Nothing's been coming out!! I'm on iron tablets which doesn't help the matter, but I need to try to make sure I'm eating things that help with 'bowel movement' to prevent this. Going to pop to the shop after work and stock up on jalepenos (best natural laxative ever!).

So hopefully that will get things moving again, and I can keep going. Just remembering to stay positive. I saw 10st 7lb a few days ago, and I will see it again very soon. Watch out scales!

Food yesterday was eggs for breakfast, salad and a banana, tomato cup a soup and jambalaya for tea with a mocha. Also went to the gym yesterday for an hour and burned around 300 calories.
Today started with eggs again, taking a tuna salad and an apple to work, and thinking about turkey steaks and veg for tea. With lots of jalepenos lol.

Hey everyone, sorry I've not been around these last couple of days. Uni work has caught up with me and I'm really stressing about getting everything ready for deadlines.

Despite the stress I'm doing really well with the diet and mid week weigh in is looking very good, though I'm not actually going to post my weight until Saturday so I don't jinx myself like I did last week!

Saturday I was working all day, so took some pasta to work for lunch, and had pork chops with broccoli and parsnip mash for tea. Sunday I was working again, so cereal for breakfast, pea and ham soup for dinner and then I went out with my friends for something to eat. Ended up having sesame chicken bites and a pulled beef burger. I did order curly fries but they were so overdone they were hard so left 80% of those. Also had a couple of mojitos.

Monday I had porridge for breakfast, mocha at uni and then Nandos for dinner/tea. I went for the chicken breast pitta with spicy rice and halloumi cheese and this was really nice and filling. Also had a small skinny mocha at Costa. Yesterday I had cereal again for breakfast, met the girls at Costa and had another skinny mocha, then at uni I had a packet of crisps and a ham and chutney ciabatta. Tea last night was tuna pasta.

Today so far I've had two eggs for breakfast, and some of those breakfast biscuit things at about 2. Currently having some vegetable spring rolls now for my dinner, and planning a lentil, spinach and chicken curry with brown rice for tea. I've not managed to get to the gym yet this week but hoping to go tomorrow after work and on Saturday.

Morning guys, sat here in uni waiting for the lecture to start, so thought I'd pop on and say hello.

Unfortunately for me, the consipation and bloating is back again (why always just before weigh in!) and so scales are currently showing about the same as they were last week. Thinking positive though, at least I'm maintaining my weight and not piling the pounds back on which would have been devastating. I ate half a jar of jalepenos yesterday and even they haven't helped, so going to pop to the shops after uni and pick up some stronger stuff. I think a potential cause for this problem is definitely to do with what I'm eating, and probably because I'm not getting enough fibre in my diet. I don't eat bread, and only tend to have rice/pasta every other day, and recently a lot in the mornings I've been having eggs rather than cereal or porridge.

So from here on, going to alternative breakfast between eggs and cereal, and at least try to have a little piece of bread during the day. Going to go and google other foods that are high in fibre to see if I can get back to my weight loss without having to put up with this!

Have been having the same "issues" since I started back on food. I had a miserable bloated weekend but find what helped was prune juice (surprisingly tasty!) and I now have a little probiotic drink each morning (Yakult, Actimel etc) Keep meaning to pick up Psyllium husk capsules in the wealth food shop too- I used this when I was low carbing years ago and they are a very natural and GENTLE laxative! They are pretty cheap and I liked the fact that they didn't send me running to the loo in a panic ;)

Have a great weekend.

Thanks Squishy, I'll definitely have a look into those tablets and get hold of some prune juice. Can't say I like the sound of that but if you say so :p x

tweekedgirl said:
Thanks Squishy, I'll definitely have a look into those tablets and get hold of some prune juice. Can't say I like the sound of that but if you say so :p x

Ha! I thought it would be a lot worse than it actually is. Can't guarantee you'll like it though!!

Okay, so I can now officially say I am 10st 7lb :D

Scales this morning showed 67.2kg, and I'm really really happy with this considering last week I only lost a measly 0.2kg. I'm now only 2lbs away from loosing a total of 2 stone, and only 14lbs away from my final goal.

I've started with porridge this morning for breakfast with a coffee. Going to be having a spinach and tuna pasta salad for dinner, and thinking either a chilli or Thai curry for tea. I've got a uni hand-in on Monday so today I'm going to be sat in front of this screen all day. I'm much better at avoiding snacking these days, so as long as I keep occupied and top up with the occasional coffee I'll be fine.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely Saturday :)

tweekedgirl said:
Okay, so I can now officially say I am 10st 7lb :D

Scales this morning showed 67.2kg, and I'm really really happy with this considering last week I only lost a measly 0.2kg. I'm now only 2lbs away from loosing a total of 2 stone, and only 14lbs away from my final goal.

I've started with porridge this morning for breakfast with a coffee. Going to be having a spinach and tuna pasta salad for dinner, and thinking either a chilli or Thai curry for tea. I've got a uni hand-in on Monday so today I'm going to be sat in front of this screen all day. I'm much better at avoiding snacking these days, so as long as I keep occupied and top up with the occasional coffee I'll be fine.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely Saturday :)

Yayy well done!!!

Tweekedgirl that's fantastic! Well done. How did i not realise that we had similar goals? My next aim is 10st7lb (fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow!) and my 2stone loss will also be 10st5lb.

What height are you? I 5'5" and was hoping to get to 9st13 to see how I look/feel then. I'm quite a muscular person so I don't know how skinny I can go! Although being honest, the skinnier the better (within reason of course!)

Have a great Sunday my dear. You deserve it. X

Thanks Karen and Squishy :)

I'm 5ft 6in, so I'm hoping 9st 7lb will be great for me, but if I feel I need to go a little lower then I will.

Currently treating myself to a naughty Chinese :p

Back