tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

Well done! x

hi just having a nosey through ur diary :) just wanna say well done sounds like you're doing fab x

Hiya Lucy and Sinead, thank you for taking the time to read through my diary and thanks for the support :) x

Morning all, another early Friday morning sat in university waiting for the lecture to start!

Well, I don't think this week has been particularily brilliant, or really that bad haha I can't quite decide. I did quite a bit of snacking yesterday and had a slightly oversized portion of Thai red curry with egg noodles for tea, so feeling a little bit guilty about that but hey. On the plus side, I made it to the gym for an hour yesterday and burned around 350 calories, doing a bit on the bike, crosstrainer and treadmill. I'm also upping my weight training at the gym especially on my upper arms as they're loose and flabby and I'd like to get shut of these bingo wings!

So realistically thinking I'm not expecting much - if anything from tomorrow's weigh-in. However I'm back on it for today starting with plain and boring cornflakes for breakfast, I'll have soup for dinner and then pork, brocolli and parsnip mash for tea. I've got a few Sensations coated peanuts left over from yesterday which I'll finish later but apart from that no snacks. Hopefully I can claw back a few 0.1's of a kilogram and get below 67kg which would be very nice.

Also, if anyone knows any effective toning exercise for bingo wings that you can do with a kettlebell, please share as I'd love to start doing more toning at home.

I've had one of those weeks too, kind of "meh"! Not great but not particularly bad either! Fingers crossed for a loss for you tmw morning. Have a great weekend! X

Hey Squishy, I think your kind thoughts for me have worked wonders, weighed in this morning at 66.4kg / 10st 6lbs, and only 0.1kg away from 10st 5lbs!

I'm absolutely overjoyed with that, and I'm very positive I'll be seeing 10st 5lb in the next day or two, and hopefully next Saturday I might even be on 10st 4lb! I had a good long look in the mirror today and I'm starting to like what I see. For me my stomach has improved the most. Before I started my belly was so round I looked pregnant :(. But now it's getting quite flat and as long as I continue to work on toning exercises then I think when I get to 9st 7lb I'll be looking good ;)

Yesterday I was very good with what I was eating, though there were many points I wanted to cave! I had cornflakes for breakfast, a wrap for dinner, and then pork chops with broccoli and mashed parsnips for tea with a mince pie for dessert. As far as snacking goes, I just finished off the peanuts I had left from Thursday, which was only about twenty or so. I had a few cups of coffee and finished the day of at about 6pm with a mint Options hot chocolate. At one point I did go downstairs, look through all the cupboards, contemplating a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar - but no. I closed the cupboard and walked away without anything. Also after tea I was feeling ravenous, but I stayed upstairs and kept myself occupied. Very pleased with yesterday as it was quite a toughy.

Today I've started off with bran flakes for breakfast, I'll be having a tuna salad for dinner and then chilli for tea. Again, today is another day I'm stuck at home doing uni work/playing Assassin's Creed! so need to avoid snacking and keep myself busy.

Hope everyone else is having a great Saturday x

well done on resisting the choc and crisps lol- its hard when they're in the house isnt it lol x

Fantastic news Tweekedgirl! Delighted for you. X

Thanks everyone :)

I'm up nice and early this Sunday to get a bit of uni work done before I go to work work. Started the morning off with some bran flakes and a coffee. Probably going to take some soup and ryvita and fruit to work. My stomachs been really eurgh these past couple of days, so going to stick to quite bland and boring things today.

My scales have also broken :(. The display's gone all dodgy so that means no weighing in for me until those are replaced! Spose that's a good thing in a way but I'll have to be extra careful this week as I won't be able to see if anything in particular causes a little gain. I'll stick to what I know - healthy breakfast, soups and salads and healthy proportioned teas and I should be fine.

Hello everyone, hope you're all good.

Scales have fixed (found a new battery) and yesterday I had a sneak peek and I'm still at 66.4kg so all good there. However, I've avoided them this morning as last night we had a firework party and so I was eating bits and bobs all night until late. I've estimated that all together last night I probably racked up around 2000 calories, so definitely not bad really but quite a bit over what I'm aiming for per day. I did snack quite a lot last night, but I avoided all the chocolate, and only had one slice of pizza! All the rest was little chicken pieces and spring rolls and the like. So overall better than I'm sure I would have been at such an event previously.

Today I'm straight back on it, and had bran flakes for breakfast, and a few of the left over spring rolls for dinner. Not sure what I'll be having for tea as don't really have any money to buy anything in, so probably going to end up being soup or a pasta dish. I'm off to uni now, so I'll be having my usual mocha (didn't have any last week!) and then I've got a Brothers Toffee Apple cider left over from last night so that'll be my after tea drink haha.

Thanks Dominoes! And yes, very similar starting stats and same height.

Well, the scales are definitely broken now. Even the new battery hasn't helped and so I'm currently scale-less! I'm going to take this as a challenge and avoid getting new scales until the end of November. I'll weigh-in on the 31st and see what I've managed to achieve over the month. I feel in myself that this week hasn't been a good one, so it's probably a good thing I can't see how much I weight haha.

So going forward, I'm still having bran flakes for a healthy breakfast, and this week I'm going to make an effort to cut down on coffee, and I'm currently sat here with a fruit tea so I can say that I'm off to a good start with that one :). Yesterday I had a good hour at the gym, and burned about 450 calories. I included lots of stomach and upper arm training so those areas are currently aching. Not great when you have a cough and every time you cough it kills your stomach xD

Going to try and up the exercise more with walking, and even though it gets dark at 5pm now I'll still like to try and get out a few evenings for an hour or so. I'm having to walk to uni and back today, so that's 50 minutes of walking for today, and I just need to try and keep up this level. The thing with not having a scale to check every morning is that I'll have no way of knowing if something I've eaten has had a really detrimental effect on my weight, so I need to make sure I'm 100% over the next three weeks and up my activity level to try and ensure I get that 4lb loss I'm hoping for this month.

Just read your whole diary, TweekedGirl and must say, you are doing awesome!

Broken scales can be a good thing. RawrGirl hasn't had a scale since the beginning of spring.

Thanks RawrGirl.

And yes, I'm sure that the scales being broken will be a good thing in the long run, but I'm still itching to see what I'm at! Every morning I get on them just on the off chance they decide to start working again :( Haha need my head sorting.

Well today would normally be my weigh in day, but alas no scales lol. So just carrying on as normal and getting ready for stepping back on them in three weeks time. Decided to give the bran flakes a break this morning and had a two-egg omelette and sitting here with a coffee. Probably will be having a salad for dinner and then we're going out tonight to a place in Worsley called Applewood Farm. I've never been before but I've been told it's pub-grub, so I'm going to be having a look on the internet later to see if I can see what kind of things they serve and plan accordingly.

Yesterday went well food wise. I stuck to my calories but probably with the wrong type of food. I had bran flakes in the morning, pea and ham soup with two sesame seed ryvitas for dinner, and then a skinny mocha in Costa and small nachos in the cinema at around 6pm. Apart from that no snacking so all good. We went watching Argo and I highly recommend it, it's a brilliant film!

Hello everyone!

So the meal at Applewood Farm wasn't too bad. The portion sizes were ridiculously huge though. I left a good chunk of my main and half of dessert, so I felt comfortably full but not stuffed. I don't even want to consider the number of calories haha. Yesterday food wise was good, had bran flakes for breakfast, coffee for lunch and then wraps and a hot chocolate for tea. So far today I've had some almond crunch cereal and I've got a coffee. Not sure what I want for dinner but I'm making us mini cottage pies for tea with broccoli so looking forward to that.

I've managed to do my half an hour of walking this morning going to the shops and taking the dogs out, and hoping to go to the gym before uni tomorrow as long as I get all my work done (which I should be getting on with now!)

I don't know if anyone else who doesn't have scales feels the same, but I really feel out of control now that I can't check to see how what I'm eating is effecting me daily. It's really worrying and I'm sure I'm going to have put weight on come end of November. I just need to try and stay positive, and I'm going to be calorie counting for the next couple of weeks, as that at least gives me a little bit of control and I can keep track of my eating.

RawrGirl said:
Without scales RawrGirl is very faithful to her diet and loses every week. She actually does better without them. It was nerve-wracking in the beginning, but then found it very freeing.

I agree with RawrGirl! I'm sure it will be tough at first (I know I couldn't do it!!) but I think you'll get used to not weighing and be extra careful in case you gain! X

Love your diary! You have done so well!
That 300 calorie pizza recipe sounds yum!
You are on the similar weight loss journey with me and your success gives me hope :)

Back