twinmum's diary and ditherings

twinmum07

Silver Member
Hi

I have just started CD on Monday.
Monday I stuck to my shakes and soup but realised there were bits in the fridge that had a week and a bit left on in terms of date but would just tempt me every time I went into the fridge so I had a very odd mismatched dinner but now have a fridge that doesn't make me drool. I know it sounds silly but I would have ended up caving and having the goodies so was better off sort of delaying my start so I wouldn't feel tempted to give up later in the week.
Anyway, rambling aside. I am taking Tuesday to be day 1.5 rather than day 2 so I am now on day 2.5.
I feel like rubbish today and have a migraine, a cold and am generally stroppy. Yesterday, I did lots of housework but today I have done virtually nothing but am going to make the kids lunch and try to do some housework.

Give it a few days and u will be fine! We all usually have a last supper before hand and like you said its gd to get any temptations out the way before you start! Keep going and gd luck x

Thanks. Had a nap this afternoon so am feeling a little better now (except for the wild desire to eat one of my children) but the nap means I am now way behind on my water intake so going to attempt a black coffee to wake me up and extra fluid - kill or cure.
I am really tempted to give in but the scales are encouraging.

Ahhh don't give in it is so worth it if u stick to it!!! I only started drinking my water a few hours ago as was so busy I didn't have time before done about 1ltr so 1 1/2 more to go!!!!

Glad I'm not the only dehydrated raisin!
We have friends coming up very late tonight and staying until Saturday morning and she is doing CD so once she is here i am sure we will be able to keep each other going.

How fab that u have someone else doing it, I am all on my own doing this!!!

She lives 250miles away though but it will be nice to have friends to stay without ruining the diet or feeling under pressure. Not looking forward to a Christening on Sunday where people will be less understanding.
Off to watch TV, try to get through the last bottle of water and 'enjoy' my oriental chilli soup.
Might be back later

Ooooooh brilliant a CD friend! you can compare shakes! Its amazing at a do how you can waft about with a plate of something put it down (without eating) somewhere else and everyone will have seen you with it but you havent eaten. You dont have to make a big deal out of it, just slightly pull the wool over their eyes. This is your business not theirs...

Unless its like a sit down doo.... then your foooked i'm afraid! :D

Good idea Jellie but not sure I can hack holding food!
Finding this week very hard as totm so that always makes me super hungry and now mega crabby and tired. I am feeling really fed up as earlier in the week I was seeing real progress when I snuck on the scales but totm has made me put on and now it isn't budging

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If I am being totally honest I didn't think I would be back on here but dragged myself through my first week and was very nervous about my appointment today but am delighted to have lost 10.5lb. A little bit gobsmacked but hey!
My CDC's scales seemed a bit harsh last week so I weighed myself when I got in an hour later and was 1.5lb less so was very worried about peaking on my home scales and getting overexcited if mine were showing lower so had been weighing myself in heavy jumpers and shoes to counteract (at the time this seemed like a good plan but I now realise it makes me sound like a lunatic). I checked the scales when i got in tonight and they more or less matched so think I was still sweating out the alcohol from my wild weekend last weekend!!!

I didn't end up going to the dreaded Christening this morning as my youngest son had the sickness bug last night and this morning but I did manage a 4 year old's birthday party with my halo intact - 3 black coffees, 0 snacks, 0 nibbles and 0 mars bar cakes!!! Great score.

I have returned my porridges as I couldn't hack the consistency and smell. I have a few more soups but was very excited to come home with the bars. I have 'treated' myself to a bar of the mint chocolate, which I found a little odd to say the least. I have enough for one a night but not sure I want to use too many to start with as they seem a little heavy. I have tons and tons of shakes so that I don't feel like I am scraping the barrel at the end of the week. I even got some banana as I have loved all the shakes and I actually have a banana-phobia.
I am back to school tomorrow so have a spare shaker and lots of cartons to keep at work so I can keep myself going. If I don't eat all my bars this week I will add them to my work stash too.

That's a Brill loss well done you have done great to not snack at the kids party! Good motivation hey!!!!
I am about 4lb heavier on my cdc scales than on mine lol so always have to work that out if weighing at home too!!! Well done and keep going

Thanks.
I am just looking forward to Sunday now and hope I can stick at it for another week.
Am currently attempting to eat my tea of a malt toffee bar but finding it difficult to say the least! Not sure if it is really gross or just my tastebuds dying

Ooh I love the malt toffee and the chewy chocolate it feels like my bit of naughty for the day lol

I have another so might try one for lunch at some point as t might just be me.
an hour after starting it I still have 1/3 of it left that I am not sure I can stomach.
My friend has just invited me round for a celebration on Thursday night and these are usually boozy affairs with 1.5-2 bottles of wine each and a ton of nibbles consumed. I have told her i will be on the sparkling water but will have to take extra willpower with me.

Have yet another cracking headache so bath and bed for me

Night night

Hope the headaches better in the morning x

Back