Two months - here I go!

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
Did Exante really successfully last spring, and had a summer of feeling slim fit and fab for the first time in years. Enjoyed new clothes, energy and compliments.

The Autumn was not kind to me (I spent several months alternating between exante and haribo).

I have weighed this morning and am up one stone 8 pounds from my lightest (which considering I only lost 2 stone 4 to begin with is a shame!).

The goal is now to lose 2 stone, taking me down to 11 stone 4. I will do what served me well before, 3 shakes and 3 boiled eggs a day (it sounds boring but I bloody love boiled eggs ☺).

Wil weigh daily for first week (to be honest I've been doing this since 1st Jan, but had a pasta and crisps blowout last night. Hadn't weighed myself for well over a month though so no idea how I was doing).

I also plan to exer ise regularly. I have Les Mills on demand and really enjoy those workouts. I also plan to get better hair (disastrous cut and colour before Christmas set me back 80 quid and helped reduce my self esteem!)

I found this forum helpful before and will be somewhere to keep me accountable. So. Onwards!

It's always end of a year where I start failing.:classic_roll_eyes:

Just remember how you felt last time you done it and hopefully that will keep you going.:classic_smile:

Yes, it's quite useful to know that I was successful before and how well I felt. It's also not even as though I put the weight back on once I returned to normal eating, it's once I returned to bingeing on sweets etc. And perhaps I'll be the same this coming autumn who knows? But for now I want to feel slim and wear all my lovely clothes. I think it might have also felt easier in the summer because of the hot weather, cold damp days make me overeat!

Good day today. 3 eggs at 12, shakes at 4 7 & 9
Went for a walk around our local deer park with my youngest and a friend and her daughter for a bit of fresh air, and then did 30 minutes body combat this evening.

Another good day. Took the kids to see new Mary Poppins film. They enjoyed it, can't say I did all that much. Seemed a bit long!
Pick and Mix are my downfall so I feel proud that I stayed away from them.
Did 30 minutes bodystep today and have had 2 shakes and 3 eggs. Just going to sit down with my final shake and watch that new police series with Martin Clunes. What an exciting life I do lead!!

OK, having a wtf moment. Saturday scales 13.4. Yesterday 13.2. Thus morning? 12.9!!!!
Mived them all round the bathroom and stood on them 4 times and same answer. Made husband stand on them and he says they are correct. I mean, I know I've been on the loo a lot but still?!

I'll take it for now, but won't be surprised if they boring upwards (or even weigh me at 5 stone 3 tomorrow!).

A good start to a busy day :)

Yay! Got my hair highlighted today. Like it SO much better. Means I have been a bit lazy and not done any exercise as it is all nice and shiny from hairdresser and don't want to mess it up. Big day tomorrow (for me) induction at a University for a course I'm doing as part of my new job. Will be meeting new colleagues and tutors etc and would like to make a good impression and not look like the wreck of Hesperus.
It's a long way away and I'm nervous about getting there on time (never been before) so knowing me I'll leave in the middle of the night and get there three hours too early.

Will take two shakes and some eggs with me and eat them secretly in the car so people don't think I'm odd from the get go.

Today got to 8pm and still had two shakes to have so have substituted one for some more eggs as fancied something savoury.

Looking forward to tomorrow but also looking forward to it being over if that makes sense as I know it will be a long day.

Just settling down now to watch the second part of the police drama.

Hope your day at college went well those situations can be daunting (especially went you are living on a dazy Exante diet!!) thought I would come on here to feel motivated as I feel sooo hungry I could eat my hand - Good luck with your diet :)

Thanks Jenni. Yesterday was great, but long! I did eat in the evening but stuck to low carb food. Had a good old think about rewarding myself for a stressful day with a bar of chocolate but what helped me was thinking about first thing the next morning. I HATE waking up and knowing I've fallen off the wagon, it's like the morning after a drunken night out and you're replaying events thinking 'what did I do that for?' and cringing. I always feel the same after a binge/breaking a diet.
I'm really excited about my new role, its a recruit to train post so I'm basically getting paid to study which feels amazing.
Only thing I'm worried about is although it will normally be 2 days a week down at the university, the first 3 weeks starting 21 Jan will be 4 days and I will be living in a hotel for three nights a week. I know people on here do manage that and still do shakes etc but I will have to give this some careful thought.

I haven't ordered any bars or anything and maybe I need to

Another motivator to lose weight is I'm going to be filmed a lot for my course and the recordings watched and critiqued by the group. If that's not an incentive I don't know what is?!?

Yeah definitely I think taking food out of the equation seems to give you much clearer head in life to see where you want to go. I love the bars (some a bit iffy) but it’s great to have one in the car and one in the handbag for those less organised days and it’s a way of feeling a bit naughty but still staying on plan. I know what you mean about that fallen off the wagon feeling - I love these morning when you know you have been 100% and you start the day so positive - I don’t know why we do it to ourselves!!

So it's just gone one and I'm having my first shake of the day. Find it so much easier the rest of the day if I start as late as possible. Have done a food shop this morning - so much fun spending a fortune on food for OTHERS to eat, although to be fair it was Lidl so not too expensive. We're making a huge effort this year to cut down the sugar the kids eat, so no cakes or biscuits etc. bought. It's a big difference, they are used to quite sugary cereal in the morning and cakes etc after school but they are adapting ok. Treats will be at the weekend only. My husband is low carbing so it suits us to have nothing tempting in the house, but it does mean the grocery bill goes up with lots of fresh cheese and meat etc.

Have to go out in an hour or so, so will pack another shake to take with me to have around 3.

Did 30 minutes bodycombat this morning, so exercise is done for the day. It's nice to get it over and done with sometimes, and I can look forward to an evening of doing very little tonight :) Off to meet some new work colleagues in a bit.

Need to find some good diaries to read on here. I find the most dedicated diary writers are all on slimming world, and they talk loads about food which I find difficult! Am on the Exante facebook page but that is always full of posts of people on their first weeks asking the same questions over and over about the plan (erm,, just read the book?!?) and stressing about citric acid in diet coke.

Oh well, I guess I can be the change I want to see and keep my own diary going for a couple of months at least until I am comfortable where I am (then, if my previous 30 years of eating are anything to go by, have a wonderful four months or so putting it all back on again until I find myself here again :) )
First sort of mini goal is I'm having my sister and her family round for lunch a week on Sunday. I'd like to a) be feeling slimmer than I was when I saw them at Christmas and b) not stuff myself. Seeing my sister and my mum is always a trigger for me to overeat, still haven't quite figured out why. Think it's because I've always been the one with an uncomfortable relationship with food. My sister is effortlessly slim (and I mean effortlessly, high metabolism and low appetite, she has never had to consider her weight, she does have other struggles in life of course, but poor relationship with food isn't one of them). I'm the person they always ask "what diet are you on now?!" and it makes me feel a bit rubbish. They don't do it deliberately and it's all my own stuff but I have too many emotionally charged binges associated with time with them.

So, anyway - want it not to be an issue when she comes round.

What a long waffle - off for a cup of tea :)

Hey Goldi-chocs,

I am loving you diary so far.

Well done on getting through your induction day and congrats on the new opportunity!

I'm on Cambridge which is very similar to Exante.

I'm currently on 3 shakes per day, no food at all which I find fine tbh!

Anyway just wanted to say you go girl! You can do this.

Dxxx

Hi Goldi-Chocs

I had a bit of a giggle reading through your diary, thank you!

Gosh you sound so similar to me!

I’ve just regained 2st which I recently lost 🙄 Why do we do it to ourselves?! So I’m back on Lipotrim (also similar to Exante) for the next couple of months to lose aforementioned 2 stone 🙈

Thanks guys, will be useful to have some other people on a similar journey along for the ride.
I've never understood people's attitudes to this diet "you'll put it all back on"
Yes maybe, but I'll have enjoyed doing that and I can take it off again.
This diet has really taught me not to be scared of hunger, I now know I can last most of a day without food and I WON'T DIE!!

With slimming world I was never more than 4 foot from a hifi bar in case of a hypoglycemic attack (tummy rumble).

I know maintenance is meant to be everything in moderation, but often I don't want to eat in moderation, I want to stuff myself silly. Not because I'm depressed or have low self esteem anymore, but because I bloody love sugary food.

And I'm also quite lazy about food, so not having to count, or meal plan, or colour code my nutritional intake is nice.

I do like exante shakes, switched to opti diet last summer because they were so much cheaper, and thought they were OK, but realised how much nicer exante were when I went back to them.
Haven't tried any bars or anything yet, so might order a few for convenience.

Not to slate slimming world though, I know it's great for a lot of people - I have some friends doing really well on it - just not me at the moment.

Hi Goldi-Chocs

Your diary is brilliant and very entertaining!

I too lost a lot of weight last year and up to Christmas I kept it off. Been back on plan (Exante) since 2/1/19 and I am now back to 12st 13. I want to lose 2 stone by the end of March. I go to the gym 3 times a week and do a small amount of cardio then weights and Pilates. I don’t over do enough to affect the plan, I suffer with a bad back so need to strengthen my core with gentle exercise.

I tend to have shakes and bars, the bars are so handy for work and most of them are lovely.

So nice to talk to other people really helps to stay motivated. Xx

Yes Rolo, I think I'll put an order in. It'll be easier than having to navigate shakes when away from home, and draws less attention. Don't really want to tell anyone from my new work I'm doing this, it makes them notice more when you suddenly start mainlining Wispa bars.

You've lost a lot in the last week! Or is that your running total :)

I haven’t told anyone at work what plan I follow. It saves uncomfortable conversations with people who simply don’t understand that this works for me. I am happy following a meal replacement diet rather than a slimming club and don’t want to have to justify it all the time.

I went from 15st 7 to 12st 13 from August to November then maintained and gained 7lbs at Christmas. I have now lost the 7lbs in my first week back on plan I didn’t change my stats as I knew I was going to lose it quickly.

I Can’t wait to be 11 stone it’s been such a long time since I saw that number on the scales!
Xx

Back