Two months - here I go!

I know, I got down to 11.10 last summer and it was the first time I'd been under 25 bmi for about a decade! It didn't last long but actually didn't go back on as quickly as I thought it might 😂

I know, I got down to 11.10 last summer and it was the first time I'd been under 25 bmi for about a decade! It didn't last long but actually didn't go back on as quickly as I thought it might 😂
Keep seeing loads of Pinterest posts ‘Summer bodies are made in the winter’ we have booked our summer holiday in may and it will be nice to feel care free at the pool with the kids :) saying that really struggled today could have easily polished off the kids dinner. Is everyone else on plan x

Been in to meet more new Co workers today, so had an early shake and then one at half 1. So normally I'm only one down now, but I'll have eggs at four (might treat myself to some soft boiled with asparagus spears!) and then a shake at 7 or 8 and see if that's enough.

I woke about 1am really bloody hungry, which is rare - but a big cup of tea and I dropped off again.

Was going to weigh on Saturday, but I'm due on then so might leave it a further couple of days. Wearing size 14 skinny jeans which fit OK except for a bit of a muffin top (was wearing a different jumper this morning then my daughter poked my side where afore mentioned muffin top was showing and innocently asked 'won't you get cold with your side sticking out?' so I changed the jumper to a slightly longer one! 😂

Really determined to be a little slimmer by the time it comes to film my sessions, it's going to be bad enough hearing my voice in front of a room full of people and listening to all the daft things I'm saying and getting wrong without sitting there thinking 'christ you look chubby!'.

Hope to do some exercise tonight, but currently just feeling cold and sleepy and hoping I don't drop off before school pick up time so we'll play it by ear.

BTW, what does everyone think of BMR as a guide for maintenance calories. Just heard a professional on radio trotting out the usual 2000 calories for a woman and 2500 for a man. But my BMR is (apparently) 1800 and I'm quite tall at 5'8.
Which do we think is best advice?

To be fair, I think there's much more to weight gain/loss than calories in vs out. Recent science shows hormones and gut bacteria have a lot more to do with it, but just wondering what sort of energy level people maintain on.

Screenshot_20190110-155719.png

OK, actually that's calories I need to maintain, and to be fair, if I do 30 mins of activity 5 or more times a week do you think I could count as active?
I guess I get quite a deficit on an 800 calorie diet then :)

Have done 30 mins body combat tonight and have just had final shake. Think I'll be OK til bedtime, but if I'm struggling I have a pouch of protein shake which is just 91 calories (oddly precise no?) per scoop, so one of them with loads of ice and water will see me through.

Feeling a bit bloated and blobby today. No real reason, just due on and in my head when I've stuck to a diet for a few days I think I'm suddenly teeny and skinny and I then I get a reality check and realise I'm just a 'sturdy', hungry person. 😂

Well done for keeping up the exercise! I really struggle to do any exercise on Lipotrim, I think the three sachets are about 420 calories 🤔 I know it’s less than 500 calories.

I can relate to your skinny comment 😂

Attachments

• 317E4B05-E209-4A84-8AFC-DE482C898089.jpeg
    317E4B05-E209-4A84-8AFC-DE482C898089.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 8
Have been awake since half four this morning which means I'm on my millionth cup of tea. Being a bit lazy today as eldest is off school with a tummy bug so someone else took youngest in and I am on the sofa with a duvet. So actually, not a bit lazy, a LOT lazy. However, I know when my job and course start properly I'll barely have time to brush my hair with all the work I'll have on, so I will enjoy this time and not feel too guilty (if I close my eyes when I go to the loo I won't be able to see that the bathroom needs cleaning!).

Having a few food daydreams this morning, not cravings as such but made my son a bacon sandwich (he's clearly not at death's door!) and it did look appetising.

I still don't appear to have dropped five stone overnight. I tried on a few pairs of trousers this morning in case they were magically hanging off me. Nope, still fitted fine, albeit a little less snug than just before Christmas when they were starting to leave red welts when I sat down 😂

Perhaps I need to think instead about my hopes and points of focus for next few weeks.

Sunday 20th - sisters family coming for lunch, would like to feel generally slimmer

Monday 21st through Thursday 24th and the same for the following two weeks - will be in a b and b and at uni so going to have to figure out how /if to still do exante. Shakes won't be easy to do so maybe bars? Don't want my new course colleagues to know I'm doing it if at all possible. Maybe I should just low carb so as not to draw attention to it all, that would be easy enough to do.
Feb 2nd invited to a 50th birthday party locally. Lots of mums from school all of whom are pretty athletic, would like not to feel the chubbiest there
Week starting Feb 11th will be starting work and to be filmed. Really want to be feeling better for that.
March 1st romantic night away with husband. Want to feel bloody gorgeous.

OK, problem solving.
When away for Uni, instead of boiled eggs I will buy a big jar of pickled eggs and can have those to keep in my room.
I will take a kettlebell and try and do a workout in my room (God I hope I'm not sharing a room, and that I have an ensuite!)
Exante bars to replace some of the shakes.

If all else fails, then low carb salads.

No alcohol.
Sounds fun - not! 😂

Sounds Great, Great Diary too, I'm struggling getting back on plan since Christmas, I did so well before hand, need to give my head a wobble and get on with it.

I know. I'm a bit in the zone now but I spent from October to Christmas just messing around really. I just want to get this done! In march/April time I swap over my winter and warm weather clothes (I have a lot of clothes! Mainly from the charity shop and ebay) and I don't want to be pulling out all my fun dresses and jeans and t shirts etc knowing I still have to slim into them. I want it done!

Having said that I could murder someone for a plate of spaghetti bolognese today 😂 have had one shake and will aim to have my eggs at 3 as usual. Stay strong Goldi!

Had a stollen bar so far, drank loads tho and the office smells amazing, a mix of pot noodle and someone has a curry :p
Going to hold out as long as possible for my gingerbread shake, then plan the pizza mix for dinner

I bloody love the gingerbread shakes! I only ordered a few as I wasn't sure I would like them but now I wish I'd ordered loads more, they're definitely up there with almond and vanilla as a treat!

Well, so much for being in the zone. I ate tonight. A lot.
And now I'm awake in the middle of the night with the food hangover horrors!

Sore glands around neck, dehydrated, sore stomach, wounded soul (OK, too far with that one).

Let's try and figure out why I ate.....

Stayed in all day, and whilst I performed some household tasks not many and had quite an unstructured day. I do better when I'm busy.

I didn't do any exercise. Exercise helps me to be focused as if I've put all that effort in I'm less likely to want to mess it up.

I'm due on this weekend. I suffer terribly with pmt and food cravings around this time.

I was quite aware of everything I have got/want to do to prepare for my course and feeling stressed and I think I felt I deserved comfort. Well OK, but for the record and my future cognition - this current feeling isn't comforting.

And now I will have to go through a morning of low blood sugar until I can have my first shake and start again.

But I will start again. A blip is only a problem when it turns into a whole week/month etc.

Oooh my tummy hurts tho......

So it's just gone one and I'm having my first shake of the day. Find it so much easier the rest of the day if I start as late as possible. Have done a food shop this morning - so much fun spending a fortune on food for OTHERS to eat, although to be fair it was Lidl so not too expensive. We're making a huge effort this year to cut down the sugar the kids eat, so no cakes or biscuits etc. bought. It's a big difference, they are used to quite sugary cereal in the morning and cakes etc after school but they are adapting ok. Treats will be at the weekend only. My husband is low carbing so it suits us to have nothing tempting in the house, but it does mean the grocery bill goes up with lots of fresh cheese and meat etc.

Have to go out in an hour or so, so will pack another shake to take with me to have around 3.

Did 30 minutes bodycombat this morning, so exercise is done for the day. It's nice to get it over and done with sometimes, and I can look forward to an evening of doing very little tonight :) Off to meet some new work colleagues in a bit.

Need to find some good diaries to read on here. I find the most dedicated diary writers are all on slimming world, and they talk loads about food which I find difficult! Am on the Exante facebook page but that is always full of posts of people on their first weeks asking the same questions over and over about the plan (erm,, just read the book?!?) and stressing about citric acid in diet coke.

Oh well, I guess I can be the change I want to see and keep my own diary going for a couple of months at least until I am comfortable where I am (then, if my previous 30 years of eating are anything to go by, have a wonderful four months or so putting it all back on again until I find myself here again :) )
First sort of mini goal is I'm having my sister and her family round for lunch a week on Sunday. I'd like to a) be feeling slimmer than I was when I saw them at Christmas and b) not stuff myself. Seeing my sister and my mum is always a trigger for me to overeat, still haven't quite figured out why. Think it's because I've always been the one with an uncomfortable relationship with food. My sister is effortlessly slim (and I mean effortlessly, high metabolism and low appetite, she has never had to consider her weight, she does have other struggles in life of course, but poor relationship with food isn't one of them). I'm the person they always ask "what diet are you on now?!" and it makes me feel a bit rubbish. They don't do it deliberately and it's all my own stuff but I have too many emotionally charged binges associated with time with them.

So, anyway - want it not to be an issue when she comes round.

What a long waffle - off for a cup of tea :)
Hi
I'm also loving the diary. This is day 5 of exante for me felt crap yesterday with no energy today I'm like a Duracell bunny🙄😂 keep on going everyone! Eyes on the prize..

Thanks guys, will be useful to have some other people on a similar journey along for the ride.
I've never understood people's attitudes to this diet "you'll put it all back on"
Yes maybe, but I'll have enjoyed doing that and I can take it off again.
This diet has really taught me not to be scared of hunger, I now know I can last most of a day without food and I WON'T DIE!!

With slimming world I was never more than 4 foot from a hifi bar in case of a hypoglycemic attack (tummy rumble).

I know maintenance is meant to be everything in moderation, but often I don't want to eat in moderation, I want to stuff myself silly. Not because I'm depressed or have low self esteem anymore, but because I bloody love sugary food.

And I'm also quite lazy about food, so not having to count, or meal plan, or colour code my nutritional intake is nice.

I do like exante shakes, switched to opti diet last summer because they were so much cheaper, and thought they were OK, but realised how much nicer exante were when I went back to them.
Haven't tried any bars or anything yet, so might order a few for convenience.
Don't have the jam and yoghurt ones... vile! Like eating sawdust. Rest all ok so far

Well, so much for being in the zone. I ate tonight. A lot.
And now I'm awake in the middle of the night with the food hangover horrors!

Sore glands around neck, dehydrated, sore stomach, wounded soul (OK, too far with that one).

Let's try and figure out why I ate.....

Stayed in all day, and whilst I performed some household tasks not many and had quite an unstructured day. I do better when I'm busy.

I didn't do any exercise. Exercise helps me to be focused as if I've put all that effort in I'm less likely to want to mess it up.

I'm due on this weekend. I suffer terribly with pmt and food cravings around this time.

I was quite aware of everything I have got/want to do to prepare for my course and feeling stressed and I think I felt I deserved comfort. Well OK, but for the record and my future cognition - this current feeling isn't comforting.

And now I will have to go through a morning of low blood sugar until I can have my first shake and start again.

But I will start again. A blip is only a problem when it turns into a whole week/month etc.

Oooh my tummy hurts tho......
Hi,
I was ravenous Friday Saturday but ok today! Keep going! You'll get there.
Flattie🥛💃🏻

Hey you,

Just caught up on your diary, still loving it btw!

I am the same with the whole why am I not skinny I've been on a diet for 3 days thing :classic_tongue: Glad it's not just me!

Its that TOM aswell for me and my willpower just went out the window at the weekend, ate a lot too but I am back on it today.

We can do this, won't always be plain sailing but we will!

Dxxx

Back