Two post weight-loss issues.

MrC

I wasn't really sure where to post this thread ( so feel free to move it mods) but I decided here would make most sense even though it's not really about maintenance as people posting here will have generally lost a good bit of weight. Well, that's my logic anyway.

I've lost 4st on TFR and have got my bmi down into the 23's now which is good. I feel healthier than I did, I'm enjoying healthier foods and I feel a lot happier with the way I look too. The thing is though there are two problems that have arisen because I've lost weight and I wondered if anyone else had had these issues too.

The first one is quite straighforward to explain. Because there is a little less fat on my body now I find that if I lie on my side in bed it is really very uncomfortable because my knees hurt when they touch together. I must have had fat knees before but now the only way I can get away with it is if I pull the duvet between them to pad them out. The same goes with my spine in that I now find it uncomfortable to sit in on a solid dining chair for any length of time as my back starts to feel bruised.

I was wondering if this is common and if it is something I just need to live with or maybe something that my body will adjust to over time and then ignore?

The second issue is a bit gross and is hard to describe without getting a little graphic but here goes anyway - I apologise in advance.
There are times now where I feel my backside is damp, as in it feels sweaty and not too clean. The thing is though that it IS clean AND dry and the sensation is unwarranted. I have been struggling to think why I feel like this and can only put it down to having less meat on my cheeks acting like a shield to the air so that the air then moves against skin that was not exposed before and it feels cold and wet (sorry). It's a bit like when I shave my head on occasion and it feels wet when I go out in the wind.

Again, has anyone else had similar issues and did they pass?

These problems are minor in relation to the gains I've got from losing weight but they are irritating nonetheless. Any feedback would be most welcome.

Hi MrC I can totally relate to you I have bony bits that were overly protected before that are now not and I find it uncomfortable to lie on my side as I now have hip bones that have not seen the light of day for I do not know how long!!! hard seats are a killer too my butt gets so sore x but I am slowly adjusting to it not had your other experience sorry but it has taken me a while to adjust to how my body feels now it has less padding

Thanks for the reply eyesdontlie. They don't tell you about the 'boney bits' in the literature but I'd rather have that issue than the weight related ones I had before the diet.

I don't suspect that many other people have my other issue - I think you need a brain that doesn't work quite right along wth an overactive imagination. :p I'm sure it'll pass.

#ThinPeopleProblems :) I was expecting to see that Mr. C is too good looking now and has to buy a new wardrobe :D

Apparently sleeping with a pillow between yours knees can help with this and also help align your back and pelvis.

I can only relate in the bony issue. I use a small pillow between my knees or just shift my legs.
As you say, these issues are far preferable to carrying too much weight!

Back