Two questions...hunger and BMI

I always seem to come on here and ask annoying questions that you're all probably sick to death of answering, sorry! Just got a quick question about hunger. I HATE feeling hungry (hence why i need to loose weight!) and I'm a bit worried about this when I start CD. Are you constantly hungry? Does your body get used to it?

Also, has anyone started CD SS with a BMI of 26 or less? My BMI is 25.6 although I still know I've got atleast 2 stone of weight to lose. I haven't visited my CDC for the first time yet, will she let me start with my current BMI?

Thank you in advance for your help, this place is great and has taught me loads about CD :)

After the first few days you go into ketosis and wont feel hungry. Also the recommended amount of water means that you will be drinking too much to feel hungry. :D
About the BMI thing as far as I am aware when you reach 25 you cannot SS but you could do one of the other plans. Some one with more knowledge than me will probably tell you soon. :D

Thanks :) I think I'll actually drown with the amount of water I'll have to drink to keep hunger at bay! I'm one of those ppl who gets hungry regularly.

most hunger pangs are your body actually looking for water so you'd be surprised at what taking some water can do for you :)

Your CDC might let you SS for a week but once your BMI is 25 or under you will not be allowed to SS so you will be on one of the higher plans which does incorporate food.

Best of luck

Hi,
I am on day 5 and can honestly say I haven't felt any hunger since day 2/3.
What has been quite difficult for me is distinguishing between hunger and just wanting to eat out of habit.

Jen
x

You cannot START a VLCD unless your BMI is a stone over BMI 25, this is around BMI 27. If you are already on a VLCD and working your way down you can continue until BM1 25.5/26 do SS+ for a week then you must move to 810 once BMI 25.

You cannot START a VLCD unless your BMI is a stone over BMI 25, this is around BMI 27. If you are already on a VLCD and working your way down you can continue until BM1 25.5/26 do SS+ for a week then you must move to 810 once BMI 25.

I see, thanks. So if my BMI is less than 26 would I still be able to do a higher level of CD rather than SS?

Back