- Two quick questions -

Army-wife

Good evening all.

I just have two quick questions really about SS.
Would i be allowed to have Green Tea capsules? (not tea)

Also, how many of you have Coke Zero whilst on SS? I got adviced from my last CDC to have one can on Coke Zero if i started struggling, going without fizzy pop (biggest weekness, for sure) what are the Pro's and Con's to having Coke Zero?

Apparently can make you hungry, so all you can do is try it and see how you would react. I used this as an opportunity to wean myself off the evil stuff!! LOL!!! A small bottle of sparkling water with a little bit of the fruit flavouring in is devine by the way, and a very worth substitute, which will not affect your SS'ing in any way. ;-)

I think its ok generally but CDC's advise against it as it can induce hunger, and the acid (citric? not sure what type) in it has been known to delay ketosis.

A better idea is to have their water flavourings in fizzy water - absolutely delish. You have to wait 2 weeks, but after the 2 weeks I strongly advise it! The sunshine orange flavouring in fizzy water tastes like cloudy lemonade. Don't know about the berry flavouring as I don't have it but I hear its lovely.

Green tea capsules should be fine, I take lots of supplements myself (kelp, horsetail and multivits) just to help my skin, hair and nails and my CDC said they're ok. Also you are allowed to drink Green Tea so I'm sure the capsules are fine. x

I have the berry flavour and it's so lovely! I also got it and was told it was okay to have from day 1, which really helped as I had something if I was really struggling early on.

I think its ok generally but CDC's advise against it as it can induce hunger, and the acid (citric? not sure what type) in it has been known to delay ketosis.

A better idea is to have their water flavourings in fizzy water - absolutely delish. You have to wait 2 weeks, but after the 2 weeks I strongly advise it! The sunshine orange flavouring in fizzy water tastes like cloudy lemonade. Don't know about the berry flavouring as I don't have it but I hear its lovely.

Green tea capsules should be fine, I take lots of supplements myself (kelp, horsetail and multivits) just to help my skin, hair and nails and my CDC said they're ok. Also you are allowed to drink Green Tea so I'm sure the capsules are fine. x

I heard the same thing about it increasing hunger, so i think i'll give it a miss.
My main reason for taking supplements is also for skin, hair and nails - also Green Tea always helps me lose weight. Thank you for your advice.

i drink coke zero whenever i feel like im 'turning into' cambridge.
sometimes it feels like i live and breathe nothing but cambridge products so it quickly pulls me out of that mindset.
ive actually on occasion had 2 pints of it in a day and in my personal circumstance it has never made me feel hungry (neither does the sugar free mint chewing gum i chew) and has never affected ketosis (stick to drinks containing malic acid and not citric acid)
if it helps u stay on plan it has to be worth it. if u feel it will lead u in the wrong direction then give it a miss. everyone is different.

i drink coke zero whenever i feel like im 'turning into' cambridge.
sometimes it feels like i live and breathe nothing but cambridge products so it quickly pulls me out of that mindset.
ive actually on occasion had 2 pints of it in a day and in my personal circumstance it has never made me feel hungry (neither does the sugar free mint chewing gum i chew) and has never affected ketosis (stick to drinks containing malic acid and not citric acid)
if it helps u stay on plan it has to be worth it. if u feel it will lead u in the wrong direction then give it a miss. everyone is different.

Thank you, i think i may give it a go. I'll see what happens. I definitely won't rule it out.

I have a coke zero every night after ive had my water intake forthe day (im sipping on one now ;) ).I find it really helps me along,there have been days where ive had more than one,it just depends on how i am that day or where im going.I also chew the sugar free blue extra and i find thats ok too,but if i do have too much it can make me feel a little hungry but nothing that i cant handle.
Good luck to you whatever you decide

Back