Type 1 Diabetes and Lipotrim

blondie80

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone knew if it was ok for a type 1 diabetic to do the lipotrim?

My mother is very interested and has been looking into it but needs to know if it is safe for her to do it.

My chemist said yes her dietician said no. She also said it was no good as all the weight was put back on!! I told my mother to tell her she is talking out of her ______(fill in yourselves!):D as there are people who have kept it off for years.

Obviously you cant go back to eating the way you used to because that made you put on weight and it will again

Anyhoo if anyone knows anything about this please let me know.

Thanks a mill:p

If your mother is taking insulin for her diabetes I don't think she can do the Total Food Replacement Diet, but she may well be able to use the maintenance products which followed correctly can show a very good weekly weight loss. I have a friend who has lost three stone using maintenance products only.

The best way to make sure is to either phone Lipotrim or email them

Howard Foundation Research Ltd
Downing Park, Station Road, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire CB5 0NB

TEL: 0800 413735
FAX: 01223 812900
email:[email protected]
email:[email protected]

Cambridge Diet which is similar has this to say about it....
Source: cambridge company history

Yes. Nobody with diabetes should attempt to lose weight without being supervised by his or her doctor. There are two types of diabetes: Type 1, which is insulin dependent Type 2, which is controlled either by diet, oral medication, in some case insulin or a combination of all 3. The Cambridge Diet is not appropriate for anyone who is taking insulin.
Obesity may be associated with diabetes. An appropriate diet, with or without medication, can help by lowering blood glucose levels. Because of this, the customer must have the full agreement from their doctor or health care professional to say that they are willing to adjust medication and monitor the customer throughout the weight loss phase. Once at target weight, the doctor will reassess the patient’s needs. Again, adopting the maintenance programme is a good long-term health strategy.

Obviously you cant go back to eating the way you used to because that made you put on weight and it will again

Very true, but a hard one to get the head around:)

:)Hi Grls

Yep thats what I thought. I would be afraid of her going hypo too as its so dangerous but I have convinced her to go to the doctors and the diabetic dietician instead.

Thanks for your replys :p

Back