Types of scales

Hi I started on the W8 rapid programme 6 days ago, I just wondered what type of scales people use? I have digital scales at home and according to those i have lost 4lbs on the dial scales at work i have lost 8lbs. There are several dial scales at work and they all read the same. So any ideas over which type is more accurate as 8lbs would be fab!!

I tend to think that the digital scales are more accurate.

Mine weigh in stones/pounds/kgs so I can choose whichever one I want to use.

I'm never sure of the accuracy of digital scales, mine weigh differently depending on which direction they are pointing! My cdc always used the type doctors have, bit large for home use though.

Digital are best - its far too easy to change the reading on the dial scales by hopping from one foot to the other - holding onto the bathroom towel rail etc..... yes..... I've done it!

Hi,
I'm doing the rapid W8 programme too - day 5. My own scales told me I hadn't lost anything at all on sunday :mad: so I have decided just to wait and get weighed by my councellor on Friday. If you can't see a councellor I would go to boots once a week and pop 20p in the weight machine, that would probably be more accurate.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Gillie

Before I started my diet, I got weighed at the doctor's and I weighed 17st 8lbs. When I got weighed at the pharmacy a month later I weighed 16st 10lbs (without dieting). I bought some digital scales that week and I weighed 17st 3lbs. I haven't tried any other scales but I'm always about half a stone heavier on my scales than I am at my weigh-in. The pharmacy use dial scales. This always bugs me: what if the pharmacy's scales are wrong?

Hi,
I'm doing the rapid W8 programme too - day 5. My own scales told me I hadn't lost anything at all on sunday :mad: so I have decided just to wait and get weighed by my councellor on Friday. If you can't see a councellor I would go to boots once a week and pop 20p in the weight machine, that would probably be more accurate.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Gillie

The othern thing about using the scales in boots is if you buy one of their cards it keeps a track of your weight over a certain amount of times that you weight your self, so will tell you how muhc you have lost since you weight your self last time and also it it gets cheaper than putting money in the machinc.

They also do evertying, including height, weight, bmi, body fat and what weight your should be to be in the correct bmi.
I am doing W8 and i use the boots scales to weigh my self

Hey hun I dont think its as simple as digi vs. mechanic, although I would have thought that digi were more reliable I think it depends on the actual make and model. For example I paid £12 for a digi set from tescos and they are well and truly pants! APPARENTLY i didnt lose any weight for a month but my GPs scales proved otherwise. I then invested in a £4 mechanical set from the same shop and have found that as long as I dont try and cheat them, they are very reliable and match with what I would expect...

So there ya go, sorry thats not much help tho in your quest for the perfect scales! xx

I think the same really i don't think digi or dial really matters (i have digi, but only because it had 1/4 lb increments on it), but i think what does matter is that it is the same scales, same day of the week and same time of the day. Then you will get a more accurate check on your losses.

If you keep checking and use different scales and it shows that you maintained or put on, you can get disheartened by it and then the downwards spiral starts! You know what i mean...."oh well i have put on x lb might as well have a cream cake and start again tomorrow". But tomorrow never comes!

Back