Typical Day

RetailChick

2 Years Maintaining :)
Hi everyone!

I start refeed on friday after 4 weeks on TFR- I'm going to follow this to the letter. Now after refeed I will still have about 9lbs to lose (I think) so may go back onto TFR or do maintenance until I get to goal.

Now my question is what do you guys think of the below as a typical daily diet.....I obvioulsy have food on the brain!!

Breakfast - Porridge (made with water, dash of milk and spoon of strawberry jam) Or Bran flakes

Lunch - Brown bread sandwich- ham, cheese salad- weight watchers bar or crisps

Dinner - Steak and veg or chicken fajitas

Snacks- chocolate rice cakes or weight watcher bars (only 1 a day mind you)

What do ya's think is this ok??

Hiya, its looks ok calorie wise. Could do with a few more of your 5 a day but thats just my opinion. The oats and brown bread will keep you fuller longer. Take it easy to begin with and don't over fill yourself. I eat much less quantity than I used to. Hope you enjoy refeed.

Thanks :) Yeah I'm strung out for fruit but I heard ya shouldnt eat much fruit after TFR or is that wrong????Theres nothing I like better than chopping up an apple, orange, grapes, pineapple and strawberries in a bowl munch munch munch!!

I didnt hear that, do you know why? I try to have low gi elements to my meals so that there is a slow energy release which keeps me full. But also have fruit and veg as its healthy. Maybe some of the others can advise. :)

Cause of the sugar and it can bloat you I think??

Low GI food- like what sort of stuff?

Sorry I'm very new to this whole thing- my pre tfr days consisted of takeaways and chocolate :(

Lol me too re the takeaways...and choc!
If you look up low GI (Glycaemic index) you should find a list. I'm new to GI too so i'll tell you what I have learned. Wholemeal bread, rice and pasta slowly release sugar into the bloodstream so you should feel full longer and not get a sugar crash and hunger which the white breads etc will give you. Most veg are good with few exceptions (parsnip is bad). Oats, new pots with skins on are low GI. Potatoes mashed are high GI so bad too. I try to stick to low GI and generally healthy and its working so far, have had big blow outs drink and food wise but get back to being good after and i'm still maintaining. :)

This isnt youre refeed menu is it?!!! I hope not! :giggle:

You're menu, breakfast looks good.

Lunch looks good too. You could vary it up and have a salad with some chicken or fish (maybe even some wholwheat pasta) or some soup with a wholemeal roll just for variety.

Tea looks good. If you don't have bread for lunch have some wholewheat pasta or some small pots with your tea.

Snacks not so good - it'd be better to scrap the snacks you have put in and instead snack on fruit - much healthier.

Oh and of course, don't forget to still drink 2litres of water a day! :D

Back