uggh I am so ill :(

fatbegone

Can I have medicine? My lungs are so congested and I have asthma and I cant breath properly coz of it :(

Caz
xx

Of course you can, fbg! I'm on penicillin for a throat infection at the mo and I've switched up to SS+ for the time being to make sure I don't do damage to my stomach in the meantime.

Maybe give your CDC a quick call? :)

I think I just need some congestion medicine. Will look for sugar free stuff..my god I want food right now though lol

Thanks xx

Go to the doctors and get some medicine woman! You can go up to SS+ or 810 while you're on the medicine as most of them require you to take it with food so you don't do your insides damage. But you need to get better x

Ahh you poor thing! I'm feeling pretty rough as well. Do you know whether we can have strepsils?

Get well soon

No strepsils - they're sugar coated and contain citric acid to boot!

Go to the chemist and ask what you can have that's sugar free then ask if they have citric acid in them. I take night nurse when I want to be knocked out when doing cd.

Night Nurse is a good choice I would say - hope you feel better soon - PGD x

Just been to docs...chest infection and I have been put on antibiotics..my CDC isnt replying to my text...can i carry on as normal?

From what I've read most people carry on with CD by stepping up to the 810 plan when on antibiotics. May be worth searching through this forum to get a definitive answer.

Just been to docs...chest infection and I have been put on antibiotics..my CDC isnt replying to my text...can i carry on as normal?

Definitely not!

What antibiotics are you on and what's the advice for taking them? I'm on penicillin which you're meant to take on an empty stomach, but I've stepped up to SS+ to give myself more calories to recover and also to minimise damage to the stomach lining.

If you're on an antibiotic that you need to take with food it might be a good idea to step up to 810 and split your protein/veg intake into several small meals to take with the antibiotic.

Whatever the answer, I wouldn't advise having any antibiotic without food or trying to weather an infection without it: your body is already under stress fighting it off and if you add the stress of only have 415 calories a day on top of that you're going to take a lot longer to recover.

I am confused about SS+. I have to have a 200cal meal one one item from the list...so if you choose an item from the list, what else do you put with it?

I am confused about SS+. I have to have a 200cal meal one one item from the list...so if you choose an item from the list, what else do you put with it?

You should have two lists in your book: one list of protein items and one of veg. So you have one portion of protein and two table spoons/30g of veg.

Ah right so I can have a chicken breast and some broccoli for example?

I am taking Amoxycillin..3 times a day

Ahh - I don't think you need food with amoxicillin, but the advice leaflet you got with it should tell you. I would step up to SS+ anyway just to give your body an extra 200kcal to play with. I did mostly SS+ last week and still lost 7lbs, so it shouldn't really effect your losses!

Ah right so I can have a chicken breast and some broccoli for example?

You got it, girlie! :)

EDIT: Make sure to weigh the chicken though. Some chicken breasts can be rather larger than the recommended weight from CD!

can you make omelette with the eggs? I am guessing no spray oil?

Back