UK Guy - Ready to change my life.

nealio

Hey! first proper post other than introductions a long time ago as a newbie! And also for the name which sounds like i'm on a dating site! ha ha.

My names Neal, im 24 years old, weigh 16st 2lbs. Tried loads of diets on and off over the past few years. None with much more conviction than a month or so.

6 months ago i quit smoking, and i believe by now i've just about conquered it! (horrible habit!) but the side effect being putting on a stone to a body that was pretty heavy in the first place. So NOW is a time for change.

Lighterlife is a diet that has fascinated me through seeing it on TV and online, however i found i didnt have an advisor nearby and also that it was very expensive! So i left it there.....

....though a few weeks ago my friend Mark, 21 stone, went on the Cambridge Diet. 2 weeks in, hes now just over 19 stone. WOW. This sold it to me. Cambridge being cheaper also than lighterlife.

So i saw an advisor, she was great, got my foodpacks/shakes/drinks/porridge.....and off i go.

So here i am DAY 1....and looking for some people to network with for advice, support, etc.... im finding it ok. Fridge full of nice food but i cant touch it!

Just a question, day one, craving carbs....but i can deal with that. Is being distant and light headed normal? Ive also overdone it before when gone to the gym and not had carbs prior, and blacked out occasionally so im assuming i should be careful until i hit ketosis?

Any help and advice would be great, and finally great to meet you guys! love the idea of being in a community.

Neal x

Hi Neal. I've never done cambridge diet so I can't advise you on that, I just wanted to say good luck! :)

Kell x

Was thinking, what if i stuck with Cambridge, but had a meal once an evening of just protein (like Tuna or plain chicken etc....) Would that hamper my efforts or work just the same???

I mean the calorie amount would be the same (if not less) than the food packs. And wont bring me out of ketosis as its solid protein??? Kellbell and Linz Linz...thanks for the support. And nice to meet you. :-D

Back