Um, Iv just eaten a big bar of chocolate

:break_diet::break_diet::break_diet:

Im so pi**ed off with myself.:badmood:

I started really well today, then 5 minutes ago I ate a big bar of chocolate intended for the boys :(:( and now I feel sick and very bloated:jelous::jelous:

I just ate it, did'nt taste it and did'nt enjoy it. I feel so pathetic and upset :cry::cry::cry:

I even considered making myself sick :(:sigh::(

I know this will knock me out of keto, but what weight gain can I expect?

Will drinking loads of water really help, or will it just stop the hunger?

I can see yet ANOTHER re-start tomorrow.

(Newbies, please please never cheat, learn from me, it's hard, so very hard next time round)

Why can't I seem to SS again, I hav'nt succeeded in a full day yet :sigh::sigh::sigh:

Tips would be greated with open arms guys

Thanks

Bm2lm xx

BM2LM,

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have been on and off this diet since August last year!! Cost me a small fortune and not lost any weight (in fact put on half a stone sonce then)

I am now on my millionth re-start and am officially on my 10th day but have had small blips on day 4 and 9 (last night).

I still seem to have lost a bit, although scales showed a move in the wrong direction by 3lbs this morning.

I think the best advice (altho far from qualified to offer it) is to forget it, dont eat any more (very hard once you cheat slightly) and re-focus.

At the end of the day, I say to myself "WHat do I want more, to eat for a day or 2 or to lose weight very quickly"

Today, I am choosing the latter, and hopefully tomorrow will be the same. One day at a time.

Good luck x

You poor thing, you are really struggling! All I can say is drink a lot of water. Chocolate may bring you out of ketosis or it may not- depends on how sensitive you are.

Is your head in the right place just now? I am on LL not CD, but perhaps your CDC can provide some advice. Perhaps you need to go on one of the other CD plans for a while until you steel yourself for single source?

I am sure one of the excellent CDCs on here will provide you with better advice than me, but for now:hug99: :patback:
Take care- and don't make yourself sick whatever you do!

Right dont get hung up about the chocolate......! You have had a blip, now put it behind you, clear it from your mind or your blip will turn into a full blown binge and then you will be devastated.
Get drinking plenty of water.

Right dont get hung up about the chocolate......! You have had a blip, now put it behind you, clear it from your mind or your blip will turn into a full blown binge and then you will be devastated.
Get drinking plenty of water.

Thanks guys, but how would water help, once the calories and fat have been consumed, then they will cause a gain surly :sigh:

Will water stop the fat from 'sticking' so to speak?

Thanks

Bm2lm xx

........ bin there plenty of times!!!!!

.... Gosh it's like hearing myself! The thing is your head HAS to be in the right place or it just dont work. U start, u cheat, u fail , u eat more then the nasty circle goes round and round!
My advice is simple enough if you are REALLY struggling to SS then DONT - u end up feeling worse and worse about failing.
Stop, take a few deep breaths and days if necessary to re-think your strategy then if necessary re-address it in another way by trying to maintain for a while or just eat healthily then re-start!
Its so hard as there really is no right or worng answer only advice from pthers experience....
I wish I could be really helpful and wave a magic wand, really feel for you hun xxxxx

Alright you.............ok, if it was a big giant bar your ketosis is scuppered, sorry. As for weight gain? goodness knows, probably a bit, mostly glycogen although there are a fair few calories in choccie.

With that said, we now have to deal with where you go from now.

The being sick thing is just gross - don't ever think about that again, that would be running away from the problem rather than sorting it.

Answer me some questions. Why did you feel the urge to eat? pack too late? deprived? upset? were you on your own? what what what what?

Why did you eat the whole bar so fast you couldn't taste it?

Why the whole bar? why not a few squares?

Why chocolate? why not a giant bowl of salad or some veggies you have lying about the house?

Why re-start tomorrow? today isn't finished yet. Saying that you'll restart tomorrow is giving you permission to eat everything. Re-start NOW.

You cannot "fix" what you've done, it's in the past. Not going to tell yourself to not beat yourself up about it, you should - be mad at yourself. It's not acceptable for a skinny person without a problem with food and it's not acceptable for you.

I'm not being horrible, it's just that daft extreme behaviour should not be dismissed so easily.

So....you know the plan, water water water and carry on as normal for the rest of the day dietwise. If you're going to do this, you need your stubborn head on!!!

Can you do SS? mentally? perhaps 790 for a few days to get into ketosis then down again? It's up to you.

come on!! you CAN do this.

xx

Drinking always helps- water that is. It washes through your system, makes you feel full, anything you gain you will lose once ketosis kicks in. I have also been told that drinking ice cold water can stimulate your metabolism , though not sure if this is a fact. Icemoose knows a lot about the science of water and SS, maybe he will reply or you could PM him?

Hey mama,

Don't worry about the chocolate, as they say... sh*t happens!! :rolleyes:

But, don't say to yourself another restart tomorrow, as that will lead to the thinking I get- 'well I've messed up today already, I might as well do it good and proper!'

Draw a line under this today. Chocolate isn't the end of the world, and if you have only pack for the rest of the day the damage will be negligable on the scales.

Say the bar of chocolate is 500 cals, add that to your packs and you're still having way less than you'd usually consume in a day, so you should still see a loss on the scales by the time you get weighed.

Get back on that slippery wagon, and next week this will be a distant memory!!! xxx

chocolate , what chocolate.
forget it & move on as the others have said, today NOT tommorrow
good luch hun
xx:)

Coley THANKYOU for being blunt with me.:)

Thats what I needed I think, A bit of a telling off so to speak.:)

In answer to your questions

Why did you feel the urge to eat? pack too late? deprived? upset? were you on your own? what what what what?

I was just tempted, I felt a bit hungry and saw the chocolate, I could have resisted but I let the feelings control me and I gave in. I feel ashamed and should feel ashamed.

Before starting this diet I use to eat chocolate like it was running out of fashion, It was always nice but I never really enjoyed it, I think I ate this bar so fast as to help me feel less guilty if you know what I mean.

No control basically :( I need to sort that part out really shapish.

Why chocolate? why not a giant bowl of salad or some veggies you have lying about the house?

In the past, when Iv felt hungry I would always grab the easiest things, i.e chocolate, It was just more appealing than a salad.

Thanks again for your reply :)

Bm2lm xx

Coley THANKYOU for being blunt with me.:)

Thats what I needed I think, A bit of a telling off so to speak.:)

sorry love....you didn't have a choice.:rolleyes:

I was just tempted, I felt a bit hungry and saw the chocolate, I could have resisted but I let the feelings control me and I gave in. I feel ashamed and should feel ashamed.

now now now....didn't ask you to feel ashamed. mad is one thing, ashamed is another. Ashamed to me sounds like it contains some sort of feeling sorry for yourself, being mad is much better as it doesn't churn you up inside.

Before starting this diet I use to eat chocolate like it was running out of fashion, It was always nice but I never really enjoyed it, I think I ate this bar so fast as to help me feel less guilty if you know what I mean.

I get it...the whole, if I don't eat slowly then it doesn't really count/doesn't really have that many calories? I've done that.

I'd like you to have a wee think why you used to eat the chocolate like that before the diet for me. In what situations would you do it, how did you feel when you wanted to do it? etc etc.

No control basically :( I need to sort that part out really shapish.

Your chocolate is my Special K. Cannot stop at SOME. We both need to practice portions and putting away. I always cope better when things are away.

In the past, when Iv felt hungry I would always grab the easiest things, i.e chocolate, It was just more appealing than a salad.

Right.....need to look at that. When you're off this diet, you don't want to be munching at choccie all the time when you're hungry. Maybe we should have a plan for when this diet finishes.....something just as easy as choccie butnot so bad. So you have a sweet tooth.....anything sweet that isn't so bad you like? I like dried mango, I love it. So that will be there for when I want to eat choccie, but then you don't want to cut it out all together. Difficult, I think it needs more thought.

I hope you feel mad!! but not ashamed and keep smashing away with the diet....you have done so well and you can do again, just gotta get that stubborn head on.

xx

Hey... why not go and take yourself off to the before and after pics on here to remind yourself what is achievable. Always find it such an inspiration Xx

Back