Ummmm people....

thnks stephen x

see recipe for a MIM back in 2008 as you can see these are for net carbs

Muffin in a Minute

allowed on Induction

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
1 packet splenda packet (0.9 net carbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
1 teaspoon butter

(total carbs is 12.07, fiber is 8.8; net carbs is 3.27)

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.

Stir.

Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.

If you follow the total carb method ie the MIM recipe i posted your daily allowance of 20 would not go far leaving only 8 for the day if you had this for breakfast.

Ah man this is confusing! :D Probably why my losses are so tiny... I don't actually know what I'm counting! :p

i count the total carbs in everything , better to be safe than sorry

i think the atkins books confuse because they are written for american , they should bring out a UK version ,

as for mim's , i lost nothing the week i had two of those so they are a no go for me , going to try oopsies this though , see if i'm ok with them

the New Atkins book caters for the UK market all its says is to deduct the fibre value to get the net carbs, correct working on the total carb method people love on here MIM are not good for you.

Good morning Angels....Mets i think im with you on that. I dont want to get confused as i go along. Total carbs it is for me. I will try a mim but only on a day that my meals are very very low in carbs. As Stephen said yesterday if i count total carbs and have a mim i will only have 8 carbs left for the rest of the day. Thats easy right?

Not a clue Cheryl LOL! :D

I've been counting total carbs in everything. That's even when I've been counting! Sometimes I've just guessed but then, my losses reflect this.

The only thing i dont really count is veg, i guess it but then i have it with free meats so it wont be to high. Its far too confusing, some do, some dont.

Good morning Angels....Mets i think im with you on that. I dont want to get confused as i go along. Total carbs it is for me. I will try a mim but only on a day that my meals are very very low in carbs. As Stephen said yesterday if i count total carbs and have a mim i will only have 8 carbs left for the rest of the day. Thats easy right?

yes could have meat for the rest of the day LOL

Oh bugger (sorry), this is where im going wrong then. Still lost though but not for a few days. Stephen give it to me in really really simple terms coz i obviously cant get it from reading the (old) book. Girls how are you doing it and how are your losses?
Stephen, how has your loss been going, you havent been on it long have you?

Oh bugger (sorry), this is where im going wrong then. Still lost though but not for a few days. Stephen give it to me in really really simple terms coz i obviously cant get it from reading the (old) book. Girls how are you doing it and how are your losses?
Stephen, how has your loss been going, you havent been on it long have you?
i read all the labels and just jot down the total carbs i'm having for that item. i dont bother subtracting and stuff. i do it the easy way :D

Well to be fair i have been deducting fibre from my carbs cause i had the older book and was not aware till a few days ago we dont do it here in uk, and in 2 weeks i still lost 16lbs....but i could just be lucky, i am going to carry on doing what i am doing, unless my weight stalls then i will try the other way. guess it depends on the person though really, i dont know.....yes i am as useful as a chocolate fire guard :)

Hmmmm. Can someone list veg and salad items on here with amount and carb count? I find that link confusing. Just things like cauliflower, broccoli, spinich, lettuce, cuecumber, celery? I dont actually think i eat anything else than that unless you can suggest another low carb option. I know it a big ask but im feeling really down about this now. I lost a stone in my 1st 2wks but have stalled since then, now wondering if this is the reason why

Back