Ummmm people....

I can't help hun, as I've not been counting for salad/veggies! In Pig 2 Twig you're not told to count them... you can have unlimited (I think).

MiM's are only 3 carbs... the original post is from a US site... if you have a look at the thread 'urgent help with net carbs' I have posted how a MiM is with UK labelling which you can all do if you want to yourselves thru myfitnesspal.com.

xx

i buy frozen veg and packed lettuce from asda/tesco, they have the carb content on them so its easier to follow :) just keep looking on the packets of everything you it.....then it will become second nature when you buy fresh, there is not a lot of carbs in those veg to be fair :)

correct yes they have took the fibre off to get the net carb weight

Stephen (sorry again), you say the fibre has already been taken off them. Do you mean the fresh or frozen? If this is the case do i just look at the carbs column on the packet so as not to take the fibre off again? How do you know what foods this has already been done with?

fresh i would say will look at the frozen. if the fibre is listed underneath the carbs its included but as with baked beans say the fibre will be shown lower down on the nutrition data

just lloked at the frozen french beans in the freezer the fibre is shown lower down the nutrition data thus take of the carb value to obtain the NET Carb value like the Atkins UK PDF File shows you

food that have had the fibre included in the carb count always shouw the fibre content directly under the carb weight

Looking on the UK Atkins site at phase three this is a quote from them
Phase 3: Pre-Maintenance – Acceptable Foods List
You should be saying “Wow.” And if you’re not, we’ll say it for you. Wow, you’ve made it to Phase 3
and you know what that means – you’ve almost reached your goal. Now it’s time to slow your weight
loss and find your ACE, Atkins Carbohydrate Equilibrium. And we have a great way to do it – more
variety. Pair these foods, including some whole grains, with the Acceptable Foods lists from Phase 1 and
2 for your total variety eating plan. In Pre-Maintenance, you add 10 daily Net Carbs per week – The
Power of 10 makes it easy. These foods, in these portion sizes, all equal about 10 grams of Net Carbs –
remember, total carbs minus fibre.

Have fun. We know you will.

I think this debate is now over. Thanks for your help but i have decided to continue what i have been doing. Right or wrong, its the way its done on here and Jim helped me when i first started and now i have the help of all the girls. Im not the only one so im sure it cant be totally wrong.

Back