Under 200 or bust!

I do love doing the hostess bit and I love cooking! I expect my sister will be trying to jump in the kitchen and help though...I might have to wrestle her and mum and mum-in-law out of my kitchen I expect!!

I am excited about it though!
I have made a good restart today so far I hope

half a large omlette (made with spring onion, sliced sausage, ham, bacon, mushrooms, bit of grated cheddar and mozarella...was lovely ...almost could see the egg too lol)
Managed a bottle of water as well as my black coffees

exercise so far : Treadmill 30 mins 1.94km
Exercise bike 20 mins 7.92km

Lettuce, spring onion, couple chopped cherry tomatoes, smallish portion coleslaw, grated mozarella (tiny bit) Chicken chargrill, snipped up sausage (sounds a lot but had it in a cereal bowl)

Coffee with a bit of cream

s/f jelly & cream

Last edited:
I think I did mine at 200 degrees for 30 mins (I think) - be interesting to see what you think, I thought they were more effort than the taste warranted but lots of people love them :)

Have to admit i haven't tried them yet - so many recipes to try! :D

I must admit Katie..I saw them (Including Susies which looked like they came out lovely) and I instantly thought that with the right bit of tweaking and additions... they look a bit like those elephant feet/bear claw type 'o' cream cakes ...hmmmmmm (dribble dribble)
I also think they look like they could be great pizza-fied!!
My OH is desparate to have an alternative to my mixed up mess omlette mutations so I thought I would try them!

mmm can you come and cook for me please?

I shall send them in batches I think! I need a home based income!

I really think the oopsie is nicer flat (like the edge bits were nicer mouth feel than the puffy middle bits)

Looking forward to making a choc muffin and some almond bread maybe tomorrow. I don't want to go too mad because I am desparate for some losses this year..but it's great to find you can have cakey bun type things !

Just adding food and exercise for today

oopsie rolls with s/f lemon curd and cream (bit naughty!!)

22 mins exercise bike

black coffees plus one coffee with cream

lettuce, spring onion, couple cherry toms, chicken chargrills, slice cold roast pork, small spoon of cheese coleslaw, little grated mozarella, mayo

Sugar free strawberry jelly & cream

Last edited:
Hi Neen, put me on your mailing list please :)

I made some almond bread in the oven this morning, it didn't really rise :(

I followed an american recipe and it said to use baking soda (I wasn't sure wether they meant baking powder or bicarbonate soda so I chose the latter...maybe will go for the first one next time)

It smelt amazing I have to say, incredibly dense so the tiny flat slices were very filling. The kids had some with butter whilst it was warm and liked it !!!
Dean and I had some toasted and sprinkled with cheddar under the grill. It's yummy toasted.
I'll post pics when I can and the recipe I followed as well.
Nice to have now and again for a change of texture and I can see I could tweak it a fair bit..

Todays food then, couple small slices of toasted almond bread with cheese!!
Coffee & cream...got to go easy on the cream!!!

Atkins bar

20mins ex bike 8.15km

lettuce, cherry toms, grated mozarella & cheddar, prawns in hm thousand island mayo, thin slices boiled egg, small spoon chunky coleslaw

Sugar free strawberry jelly & cream

Last edited:
Forgive me for getting on my soapbox here but well done for giving your kids a try of the lower carb alternative. I am forever preaching that kids don't need huge amounts of carbs. It is all the carby stuff that causes childhood obesity and so all the illnesses that are associated with it.
Um, ok, I'll shut up now. :rolleyes:

Thanks Leanne and Susie xx Well it smelt so good they asked for it ! Nice that they liked it as well! I am definately going to try some low carb cakes on them next time they want cake. I'm happy for them to try new stuff and cut back on the junk as they are really hard to feed being Autistic.. they have very limited foods they will eat at all so it was really cool that they were willing to give this a go. Hopefully I can persuade them with some more stuff now I am experimenting!

The smell is fab still in the kitchen

here's the recipe I used anyway for today...not got my pics loaded into the PC yet but will edit them in later!

I was able to follow this as written as I bought a set of american measuring cups from amazon a while ago...very good investment as it saves fiddling about when using these online recipes , they were around £4 , not more than that I don't think!

Almond loaf

Pics a bit fuzzy but here it is!
almondbread.jpg

1/4 cup melted coconut oil
8oz cream cheese (I used plain philadephia)
3 eggs
1 tsp baking powder (I used bicarb and it went a bit flat)
1/4 tsp salt
2 and a half cups ground almonds

Heated my oven to about 180 (it's fan assisted turbo nutter type so I tend to hovver in the kitchen and check things rather than follow given timings)

Put first five ingredients in a bowl and mix til creamy (I used an electric mixer)
Add the almond and mix thoroughly.

I put my mixture into a standard/largish loaf tin that I greased with plenty of butter.

Then baked in the middle of the oven until it was golden on top and a knife came out of the centre clean.

You leave it to relax & cool for a bit before slicing but mine having not risen, sliced OK when it was still pretty hot (3 males crowing round to have a taste!!)
Really nice with butter straight out the oven, but a little lighter to eat toasted.x

Last edited:
Back