Under 200 or bust!

Sounds fabulous! Told DH the ingredients and he is going to try and then experiment. We are looking for mixes to balance the very fine almond flour with very fibrery flax. Also just got lo carb baking mix from lcm so might try that too

OOh is it the big foil bag of 82% lower carb flour stuff? I got that but not used it yet.
I think you could half and half flax and almond for a nice flavour Katie...I do keep hearing a lot about coconut flour online as well. Apprently it doesn't make everything taste coconutty and it's light results which sounds worth a try at least.
Just a question of googling to find it over here :)

The almond bread was more cakey ..even without splenda etc ...it would make a nice cake with adding vanilla and splenda..or whatever other flavours you wanted.
If we add flax I reckon it would be much more like wholemeal bread but not sure how good it would rise.
Made a lovely change though!

Just found a link to the measuring cups I used
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Faringdon-W...VF64/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1307612957&sr=1-3
Makes for less faffing and maths in the kitchen!!

Me so far today
coffee & cream , atkins coconut delight bar (busy morning)

almond bread with butter and s/f lemon curd

Chicken chargrills, cauli with grated cheese and mayo

Bit angsty today about kids new passenger assistant starting tomorrow..means I am not taking them also..I usually have something kid related to stress about lol...so I attacked the s/f peanut brittle today a bit ... I know I am gonna pay tomorrow

s/f raspberry jelly (with a few raspberries from the garden) & cream

Last edited:
mmm lovely :D looks really nice but more like cake. :D How many carbs per slice do you think?

Hey Vicky! Hope it's going good for you today so far x On the original recipe it says about 5g per serving and is meant to make 16 slices...but my loaf tin was smaller so can't be sure exactly what my servings turn out at.
I agree , I think transforming it into cake mode is much better with this recipe as it could make a really lovely cake of any variation.
Gonna have to try it!
It's so filling , I think as a cake a small slice wouldn't be too bad for the carbs x

Hi Neen, thinking of starting my atkin bar taste testing tonight now WI is done;) but DH is taking me out for dinner - not really sure i can pull one out at desert time........hmm.....maybe i could?!
:D

Haha - it's an expensive italian....hmm wonder if they will give me a plate and cream? We aren't driving - too much drinking planned;)

Ah yes - but that way lies madness. I can drink and if it's an absolute ton for a whole week, i'll stall but if i eat sugar - who knows what kind of carb monster i'll turn into:eek:

;)

Ugh, another crappy evening ! Dean (OH) has had a temperature and been feeling really ill since yesterday..gone on to bed burning up :(
And my youngest decided to have a 2 hour tantrum after being put to bed out of nowhere over his cube world toy which kept him screaming his head off til about an hour ago despite poor Dean being really desparate to sleep off this virus or whatever it is (ah the joys of Autism once again)

I ate more than I wanted to...ugh, couple atkins bars and some no sugar sweets. Just out of a need to feel better as usual. I am so miserable now because I am meant to be weighing tomorrow and I feel like it's bound to be scuppered now.
I wish I could separate the daily family craziness from my need to get healthy long enough to actually get somewhere :(

Awww hugs Neen... what you have to remember with Atkins is that the volume of what you eat doesn't really come into question so you shouldn't have scuppered yr weigh in tomorrow as what you had was low carb.

I'm sorry you've had a tough evening babes but what you should be VERY proud of is the choice you made when you wanted to eat.

Loves ya. xx

Thanks Linz xx I hope so!
I gained after last weekend (family bbq etc) and I just keep going up down up down with the same 4-6 pounds and never getting to a new low weight. This has been going on for a good year and a half and I am sort of panicking internally all the time because I can't get ahead enough before I fall off the wagon or get sidetracked.
I am hanging on to the wagon with chubby white knuckles

((hugs)) Neen - sounds like one of those evenings! I agree with Linz - if you turn to lo carb when you're desperate then it won't be a disaster for you. Frankly I often think about all the food i haven't eaten - what i dont understand is why i hadn't blown up and popped before:eek:

I hope OH improves and you have a more stable day
Xxxx

Thanks Katie xxx Hope you had a lovely time out x

Thanks Linz, he's still really poorly :( Just trying to sleep it off and keep the fluids up at the moment.
I weighed today and 2lbs back off again but it's not got me to a new weight.
I have gone from 15 st 12 , to 16, then 16 st 4 last week and now 16 st 2 and that is what the pattern has been for all this time.
Still I am going to exercise more this week now I don't have to take the boys in, and also more water,less frankenfoods. See what happens and if I can lose a bit before pmt strikes x
Thankyou for asking x

Back