under active thyroid

mrs a

fat,frumpy,fed up
i've had an under active thyroid for years and struggle to lose weight.
i also eat too much if i.m honest :D

thing is the doctor told me just to take 2 zenical cos taking one in the morning would interfere with my thyroxine.

i had a look on the net and decided it would be okay to take my medicines at bedtime instead of early morning.

i have been feeling better this week than i have done for long enough and i'm sure the pills are working better in my system overnight !!!

as far as i know the zenical only work with your stomach etc . and wouldnt account for me feeling more energetic than usual - would they ???

just wondering if anyone else is on thyroxine .....

Hi Mrs A,

Xenical is to be taken within an hour of eating food, or with your food, so whilst you can skip your breakfast tablet because of your thyroxin, you should still be ok for your other two tablets.

As for you feeling better, I don't think it is xenical directly, but if you have changed your diet this week because of you taking xenical, perhaps that could be a contributing factor as you feeling better and less legarthic?

Glad your feeling better - whatever the reason!!:D:D

i'm just a bit annoyed that i feel so much better for taking them at night - i coulda been doing that for years :confused:

tablets work better at different times for some, for others they probably work better in the morning, but like you have found out for yourself, they work better for you at night time. I found some of my tablets i am on work better at night, also i seem to remember to take them at night time!!

i have been taking thyroxine since i was 2 years old, and now 31 up until i was pregnant with my daughter and kept losing them due to morning sickness i had taken them at breakfast time but then switched to nighttime dosing, didn't find myself particularly more energetic but there were no ill effects from switching and have taken them at bedtime since

i'm deffo going to keep taking them at night - i feel much more alive :D

Back