Undercover care: abuse uncovered

I have had to turn it over unfourtunatly it's to close to home but it's good it's highlighting just how bad things can be some people just done belive you when you tell them despite the evidence :-( ( now having a chocolte cup cake to cheer myself up!)

I watched this and was in tears. I work for a psychiatric inpatient unit for patients with LD and would be sickened and horrified if that sort of behaviour was going on in my place of work. Seriously dispicable. The CQC have a lot to answer to.

The regulators should be hanged.

Shame on them.

I hope they don't sleep at night with guilt.

It's disgusting, I watched it and was absolutely horrified.

Awful, disgusting 'human beings'. Glad to read the news tonight though that 4 people were arrested after the program was aired. There's a name and shame page on facebook and they found some of the facebook pages of the 'carers' including Wayne who posted yesterday that he was loving not being in work, commented on by 2 of the other employees that were suspended agreeing with him that it was 'the life' sick, sick, sick.

Absolute scum. Words fail me.

I didn't see it - what's it all about? Intrigued!

On the top floor of a special hospital, locked away from their families and friends, a group of men and women are subjected to a regime of physical assaults, systematic brutality, and torture by the very people supposed to be caring for them.
The victims are some of the most vulnerable in society - the learning disabled, the autistic, and the suicidal. In a Panorama Special, Paul Kenyon exposes the truth about a gang of carers out of control, and how the care system ignored all the warning signs.

BBC iPlayer - Panorama: Undercover Care: The Abuse Exposed

Shocking !!!! Absolutely shocking.
It is impossible to imagine that this was ignored and overlooked for so long.

13 people have been suspended. That is an impossible number to comprehend. I hope they have the book thrown at them and go to prison.

It is not an isolated incident or two it is sustained cruelty to people in society who are already our most confused and vulnerable.

These are the people who deserve the greatest consideration, love, understanding and care.

Le us hope that for once justice is seen to be the justice that is required.

It was systemic cruelty and someone in a higher authority must have known.............that is even greater cause for concern.

I don't understand how anyone thought it was ok to treat a human being or animal like it.. I just don't get it.

The phrase 'while good men do nothing' springs to mind too. There must have been those that knew it was going on and did nothing

The phrase 'while good men do nothing' springs to mind too. There must have been those that knew it was going on and did nothing

Absolutely.

Thanks for the link Shrimpy, it was shocking to watch. Truly horrifying.

It was totally disgusting especially because they are vunerable and don't know how someone good be so crewl, it just makes your blood boil. Appelled that no one bothered to listen to the three complaints which were made two years ago.

I work part time as a support worker whilst I am at uni and its the best, most enjoyable and rewarding job i have ever done. I could not believe that the whole staff team just stood back and watched that happen. I was actually sobbing at the end of it when the young man went back to live with his parents.
Heres hoping big hard man wayne gets a taste of his own medicine in the clink.

icklekimmy said:
I work part time as a support worker whilst I am at uni and its the best, most enjoyable and rewarding job i have ever done. I could not believe that the whole staff team just stood back and watched that happen. I was actually sobbing at the end of it when the young man went back to live with his parents.
Heres hoping big hard man wayne gets a taste of his own medicine in the clink.

Absolutely disgusting. I work part time as a support worker too while at uni but i do floating support do is different to what they're supposed to be doing. Not a single mention of keywork sessions or care plans though so clearly the system was failing at all levels. Horrific.

Absolutely disgusting. I work part time as a support worker too while at uni but i do floating support do is different to what they're supposed to be doing. Not a single mention of keywork sessions or care plans though so clearly the system was failing at all levels. Horrific.

I know i have never seen anything like that in my life before. Thank god for that whistleblower.

Back