Unfinished diary

Lily - thanks for the help with SE. ;)
I seem to get all the help and never have anything worth giving at the moment. :eek:

That's a big fib. For a start you've just shared a recipe for soup. More importantly you make us all laugh and we certainly need to do that :D

That's a big fib. For a start you've just shared a recipe for soup. More importantly you make us all laugh and we certainly need to do that :D

Took the words right out of my mouth there xx

:D you both sweet.

I forgot. I've learnt new tricks!
boxe.gif
and
boxe02.gif

Couldn't wait till tomorrow. It was FUN!:D

10 mins and I was out for the count. Way way harder than the tennis but so funny.

AND....

I discovered music again. Had none really since we moved here in April. I forgot how much I love music to sing to.
Lifts my spirits sooo much.
Hmmmm 'cept that silly Britney spears has just come on 'not so innocent.' Where's the remote. :yuk:
Thats better Leanne Rimmes 'can't fight the moonlight.'
Loved that film Coyote Ugly..'cept that bit when the aussie lad does that circling his nips thing when he was being auctioned on the bar top. :sign0137: Right turn off. :p

Love this cd. 'Its a Girl thing', absolutely ancient, but brilliant. Got that Geri Halliwell song, 'Its raining men' from Bridget Jones. WoW could dance to that and burn some.
Shame got teenagers here.:grumble: Not up to them taking the rip.:rolleyes:
Oh and a bit of Kylie, 'can't get you out of my head. Wonder if I could do that with my hoola hooping on wii fit. :hmm:

My soup smells lovely cooking. :D

Lily - I'm with you on being still full from brekkies. Not sacrificing my soup but not sure if that tuna salad is going to get eaten as well as the iced coffees.
Got to get soup, strawberries and melon down first. :p

Now I know why SE works, cos you're so full from Breakfast that you don't eat another thing all day lol...
I love Music, it's my life, well almost and I love all kinds yes even Opera, Madame Butterfly can make me cry non stop for days....I was counting my CD collection about 6 months ago and I have had a lot more added since then, and I had over 3,000 albums lol....and I went on Play.com and started to add albums I wanted, when it got to over £1,000 pounds worth and I wasn't even half way through their complete collection I decided to forget it and just look at 1 or 2 albums at a time lol, most of my family are much the same ..If I had to pick 1 song or 1 album or even 1 artist I don't think I really could but my top 5 would be ..Marvin Gaye, Bob Marley, Barry White, Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald oh gosh and as I was typing them I thought of another load I could put in my top 5 so it won't work will it lol..bugger now I can't stop singing Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton...
Oh so you tried the boxing...I bet you were buggered after that 10 mins I know I was am still just about managing to do about 20-30 minutes at a time and It's such fun too lol xx

Thank you Tilly, and I must say I'm really pleased, too. Not having any more of those days. No likey! :(

Jackie - Lilys exactly right. I have to syn everything at the higher level on SE which has just reminded me that I didn't the tuna. :eek: See why I need this diary?

So in order to stay within my syn allowance I will be having 1/4 tin of tuna. :rolleyes:
Rubbish memory I've got.

Jane - I'm not sure if my links to the recipe will work as some don't have membership to SW online so I'll write up the recipe. ;)

Carrot & Coriander thick soup
serves 4 , free on Green, 7 on Red

8 carrots
1 lrg onion
1/2 tsp garlic salt (didn't use)
1 tsp ground coriander
85g split peas (I used yellow lentils)
85g pearl barley (missed out)
2pts stock
s/pepper

Chop veg and place all the ingredients into a saucepan. Stir.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for 1-1.5hrs. (took me 45mins:confused:)
Keep checking and adding water if necessary. (good tip :eek:)
Blend to thicken more.
Tuck in! :drool:

I love lentil or split pea soups so this is right up my alley.
It made the house smell really homely.:D

As it happens I'm about to make mine now. :D:D
Just going to have a quick read up while I have my cuppa and then I'll be chopping inbetween reading. ;)

Just a thought about the ground coriander. Seemed a bit mean to me so we had 1 tbsp of coriander. Much better. :)

Thanks for the recipe crumble, I am going to try this its sounds lovely, I am a mushroom and bacon soup fan free on red, but defo going to try this on green. I just love soups. I love listening to music to, it makes you feel good and more postive about yourself it also gets you dancing which is exercising.

Jane x

:D you both sweet.

I forgot. I've learnt new tricks!
boxe.gif
and
boxe02.gif

Couldn't wait till tomorrow. It was FUN!:D

10 mins and I was out for the count. Way way harder than the tennis but so funny.

AND....

I discovered music again. Had none really since we moved here in April. I forgot how much I love music to sing to.
Lifts my spirits sooo much.
Hmmmm 'cept that silly Britney spears has just come on 'not so innocent.' Where's the remote. :yuk:
Thats better Leanne Rimmes 'can't fight the moonlight.'
Loved that film Coyote Ugly..'cept that bit when the aussie lad does that circling his nips thing when he was being auctioned on the bar top. :sign0137: Right turn off. :p

Love this cd. 'Its a Girl thing', absolutely ancient, but brilliant. Got that Geri Halliwell song, 'Its raining men' from Bridget Jones. WoW could dance to that and burn some.
Shame got teenagers here.:grumble: Not up to them taking the rip.:rolleyes:
Oh and a bit of Kylie, 'can't get you out of my head. Wonder if I could do that with my hoola hooping on wii fit. :hmm:

My soup smells lovely cooking. :D

Lily - I'm with you on being still full from brekkies. Not sacrificing my soup but not sure if that tuna salad is going to get eaten as well as the iced coffees.
Got to get soup, strawberries and melon down first. :p

Hehe Some music makes me hyper when I exercise, however when something I really like comes on I forget what I'm doing, and do really crap at games because I'm thinking about the song :s I also never know what mood I'm in to listen to.

Now I know why SE works, cos you're so full from Breakfast that you don't eat another thing all day lol...
I love Music, it's my life, well almost and I love all kinds yes even Opera, Madame Butterfly can make me cry non stop for days....I was counting my CD collection about 6 months ago and I have had a lot more added since then, and I had over 3,000 albums lol....and I went on Play.com and started to add albums I wanted, when it got to over £1,000 pounds worth and I wasn't even half way through their complete collection I decided to forget it and just look at 1 or 2 albums at a time lol, most of my family are much the same ..If I had to pick 1 song or 1 album or even 1 artist I don't think I really could but my top 5 would be ..Marvin Gaye, Bob Marley, Barry White, Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald oh gosh and as I was typing them I thought of another load I could put in my top 5 so it won't work will it lol..bugger now I can't stop singing Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton...
Oh so you tried the boxing...I bet you were buggered after that 10 mins I know I was am still just about managing to do about 20-30 minutes at a time and It's such fun too lol xx

Must say I'm very much the same with loving music, I can never make myself say what my favourites are, it depends on the mood of the day, my mood etc sometimes also the things I've heard recently. I have a very eclectic taste.

Must say I'm very much the same with loving music, I can never make myself say what my favourites are, it depends on the mood of the day, my mood etc sometimes also the things I've heard recently. I have a very eclectic taste.

Ditto, was just thinking after re-reading what i put earlier, what about Aerosmith, White Stripes, Coldplay, Buddy Holly, James Brown and the list goes on and on and on lol
Was also just sitting here daydreaming about Steve Tyler, I know he's ugly, but I think he's really sexy, lol...now enough of that, that's a whole different subject entirely lol
Crumble you just reminded me of when I went to see Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables, both times I had sit perched on the edge of my seat, for the same reason...I love the west end shows but stopped going because i was embarrassed by the fact I couldn't sit properly and couldn't concentrate on the show because I was uncomfortable. I really can't wait to start doing all these things again, I look longingly at all the shows I would love to go and see.
The only time I ever get to see anything is if my local theatre has a show I want to see, their seats, if you book early enough can be reserved so I reserve the end seats cos they are much wider, that's how I got to go see Sally Morgan back in March...she was at our local Theatre, great show it was too xx

Hi Crumble,
You're very quiet today, are you ok my lovely?
Just popped by to see how you're doing and to have a look at your Menu, which is not here!
Will pop back in a bit, hope to speak to you soon xx

omg ...this is scary....I wrote my menu plan last night and woke up this morning very late too, absolutely craving Jane's lemon pudding and also trying to work out how I can have it doing the SE, so what I have decided is to do EE today, with SE principles i.e. loads of SF and that way I can have it..funny thing is, I was still really stuffed from yesterday's SE day and just had a small bowl of mixed fruit, which is not what i had planned, but is probably better.....wtg on the lie in hun, definitely do it some more it's lovely lol...My DD2 is the same, if I do anything at all that is different she suddenly has this concerned look all over her face "are you all right mum"...ummm yes I'm just being spontaneous today....it scares the hell out of them lol .
Have a good day hun, be back later xx

Oh and I have a Thai honey, lime and chilli recipe for salmon if you'd like it, it's 1 syn on EE, not checked it for a Red day though xx

My DD2 is the same, if I do anything at all that is different she suddenly has this concerned look all over her face "are you all right mum"...ummm yes I'm just being spontaneous today....it scares the hell out of them lol .

:8855:I know.
DS2 didn't need telling twice to hang the washing out. Bless, he'll be asking me next if I want a cup of tea. :p I can just see him out of the corner of my eye keep looking at me. :D

Lily, if you're still about, was sure it was your diary that I saw the recipe for Thai Salmon but I can't find it. Desperately trying to sort the syns out and work out how to cook it.

Hey hun, I did put a recipe up somewhere for this one I just mentioned, not sure it was my own but never mind I have it here so here ya go xx

Thai Honey, Lime and Chilli Salmon

2 Salmon Fillets
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 Clove of Garlic, crushed
Juice and zest of 1 Lime
2 teaspoons of honey (2 syns)
S & P
Chopped Coriander
Fry Light
=====================================
Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F

In a bowl mix, chilli, lime, garlic, honey, s&p and a handful of coriander.
In an oven proof dish, layer the bottom with sliced courgettes, place the salmon fillets on top and spray with fry light, spoon the marinade over the salmon, cook for approx 15 - 20 mins. Serve with marinade spooned over fish and potatoes.

Serves 2
1 syn each on EE

Serve with new potatoes, and fresh veg or lay on a bed of salad with new potatoes

We had this a couple of weeks ago it's really yummy too xx

Whooops didn't see that bit at the end of your post Lily.:confused: Must be blind.

Yes would love it. thank you . ;)

Just found this one too which might be helpful to some.

MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum - View Single Post - Shedding the wobble - mission *heading for home*has begun!!!

No I added it after, you know I have a memory like a seive right lol, so had to look and see if I had a recipe then remembered the one we had a few weeks ago.

Oh btw, I was looking back through your posts last night and realised that at the weekend you will have been exercising for 4 weeks so you should put up your bronze body magic award...wtg hun great job xx

Ohh that sounds absolutely delish and is the one that I saw before. Hmmm fancy it with a hot meal tho and I'm down for salad.

Plan B - do yours for Saturday tea, so I can buy some salmon for SIL, too (I'm such a push-over) and do Capricorns today and have it with the salad.
Wondering now if I could persuade DH to give it a go. Then he might cook it. Am bad. :giggle: He does love honey roasted things, tho. It could work. :D

Oh I'm with your hubby there, love honey roasted anything...we had honey roasted chicken last night, although I had to have mine with out the soft roasted potatoes :drool: and had a Jacket instead, but it was good ...next time...Weekend sounds good, you really do need all the ingredients, it was absolutely delicious, even Malcy loved it and he is a right fussy old bugger lol Why are you bad, Malcy does 90% of the cooking round here, I can't often do it cos of my hands even though I love creating, Malcy couldn't boils eggs 3 years ago, but had to take over when my hands got really bad, now he's better than me ...well under my instruction he is lol....but I would never tell him that lol...His roast Lamb is the best ever, really really tender and so juicy...omg now I've done it, fancy Lamb now so that's a roast this weekend then lol (thankfully not bothered by roasts that much so don't have them often) xx

Morning all. :D And a lovely sunny day it is too.

Excited about my food today because its Lemon Pudding Day. :bliss:

I'm keeping it a secret from the others. I'm waiting to see how it turns out first because its not unheard of for me to have the odd culinary disaster. :eek:
I like to keep those as private as possible.

Just a thought... would this Lemon Pud layer? Could you do a layer of lime followed by a layer of lemon?

So todays food is: RED SE-ish :rolleyes:

2x weetabix ~ HXB, HXA
1tsp sugar ~ 1 syn
1/2 grapefruit/[STRIKE]melon[/STRIKE]

JaneB's Bacon & Mushroom soup ~ 3 syns
[STRIKE]melon[/STRIKE]/1/2 grapefruit

Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
slice whml toast ~ HXB
herby tomatoes (grilled)
[STRIKE]
grilled mushrooms
[/STRIKE]

JaneB's Lemon Pudding

[STRIKE]
melon/apple
[/STRIKE]iced coffee ~ HXA
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn

= 2x A's, 2x B's + 5 syns

67/95 syns

Now I have cold meats and mussels put by in case I get hungry and need to russell myself up a salad but I think I'll be okay with the above judging by previous days this week.

Really looking forward to that lot, I must say. :D

Right, must look lively and get some jobs done today. Will set the washing off before having brekkies,and naturally another read up, ;) and then I must tackle the dreaded bathroom floor.
What have they been doing in there? :eek:

Have caught yet another cold off DH? :sick:
I'm not bothered. Its weekend. I'll milk it. :p

Edited : had my mussels but not bothered about the meats after all. Couldn't face the melon as too full.

Last edited:
Back