Unfinished diary

Good morning Mrs Crumble... I am sorry you put on a 1lb but sometimes this does happen for no apparent reason and you've had some amazing losses lately sweetie. I am glad its not dampened your spirits and I see lots of dancing around icons :D :bliss:

I did see a recipe on here for HEXB flapjacks - could mr crumble have a slice for his early brekkie? or would he eat magic porridge? you could always use half the oats so only 1/2 hexb?

I shall ponder other ideas for you :D

glad to see bedroom being decorated. Our decorating is now on hold yet again, storyof my life lol as the garage rang, we cannot have our car back until tomorrow and the bill with be £450 :cry: oh well hey ho my Nanna left me £1000 so thats half of that gone on the blooming car :rollseyes:

I certainly wasn't destined to be rich!

The asda nutloaf mix how many syns in the pack> could you use the mix as a crumble topping for meat or a coating? just an idea and possibly talking rubbish as never seen it before

have a fabby day with your Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning Crumble, bummer about your gain this week, but I know once you get back onto it that you'll drop that and a few more like you have been doing the last few weeks.
Menu looks yum, definitely going to have some Liver this week now that you put it into my head lol.
Have a great day with your Mum and catch ya later xx

Hi Crumble, sorry about your gain this week, but I know once you get back on it you will lose big time, there are some lovely recipes in this months sw mag, did the lemony meringue cupcakes they were lovely, Menu looks nice, love Liver and bacon not had that for a while, might try it in this week menu.
Have a great day with your Mum xx

I really do think it's not having breakfast. I think that was my problem last week too. You will lose that pesky pound next week and more cos you usually have big losses.

I think there is a recipe on here somewhere for cereal bars. I remember making one that had dried apricots in it and I'm sure I got it off here. I only made it once and if my memory serves me correctly I didn't make it again cos I ate the lot in 2 servings :eek:

Let us know what you come up with and what you think of them.

I did see a recipe on here for HEXB flapjacks - could mr crumble have a slice for his early brekkie? or would he eat magic porridge? you could always use half the oats so only 1/2 hexb?

He'd definitely love the flapjack idea. He's a flapjacky person. :) Will have a look for that.

Morning Crumble, bummer about your gain this week, but I know once you get back onto it that you'll drop that and a few more like you have been doing the last few weeks.

Thanks Lily. I pretty laid back about the gain. I know I didn't overeat so it must be the way I ate. I'll learn. :rolleyes:

there are some lovely recipes in this months sw mag, did the lemony meringue cupcakes they were lovely,

I've been eyeing those cupcakes up. Must get DH to make those, they look great.
Believe he's having Friday off so might shove him towards the kitchen with a pinny on. :p

I really do think it's not having breakfast. I think that was my problem last week too.
I think there is a recipe on here somewhere for cereal bars. I remember making one that had dried apricots in it and I'm sure I got it off here. I only made it once and if my memory serves me correctly I didn't make it again cos I ate the lot in 2 servings :eek:

Let us know what you come up with and what you think of them.

Agree. I think its to do with missing brekkies and the irregularity of my eating times last week. It was crazy.

I'll track down these cereal bar recipes and trawl the net too for others SW users may have developed.
Will def report back on my findings. ;)

How was work yesterday? Glad to read the DD loved college. :)

Right, after guessing that missing brekkies didn't help me last week, I missed brekkies yesterday again! :ashamed0005:

Mum arrived earlier than I'd thought and after lots of :blahblah::blahblah: I realised it was nearly 12 and we hadn't even made even a coffee yet so went straight onto lunch.

So today I'm going to run down and have my brekkies before I do anything else. The cleaning can wait. I'll have 'Co' here before I know where I am. :sigh:

Food today: RED

Readybrek ~ B
Raspberry shape yog ~ 0.5 syns

activia intensely lemon yog ~ 2.5 syns

Baked Cod Steak with Lime
Potato & Onion bake ~ HXB
Roasted marrow
Steamed carrots/florets

HM chicken soup
(just chick, veg, stock, bay, thyme)

Iced coffee ~ HXA + 1 syns

Cappuccino instant ~ 3.5 syns
Apple
mandarin

= 1x A, 2x B + 7.5 syns

20.5/105 syns

Gonna whizz off and get my Readybrek before it gets to be too near lunch. :p

Least one thing that I'm learning is that I don't like to 'stack' my food. I know that if I eat too near the next meal I won't be ready for it, whereas once upon a time it wouldn't have mattered if I wasn't hungry yet, I'd still have chugged it down as I considered it was my allowance - I was entitled. :eek:
Finding it interesting listening to my body finally.

Isn't the weather YUCK! Really chilly here today. :gen125:
What a good week to have been invited to a garden party! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Morning hun,
You make my feet ache lol always running about :giggle:
The recipe for the flapjacks, I found one on here I think it was last week, DD2 has been looking for one since starting SW even asked the C he came back with 2 recipes but they were made with scan bran I believe and pretty :yuk:, but the one I found last week uses your Hex's...could it be the one Tilly is talking about...well look for yourself cos here it is lol xx

Flapjacks

On the basis that you can split your Hexb, this recipe includes a total of 10 Hexb (all plans) and 5 syns-the recipe makes 10 flapjacks, each one is 1 Hexb +½ syn or 6.5 syns if not taking as a Hexb.

128g Ready to eat prunes
106g Ready to eat apricots
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
120g Porridge Oats
2 Tablespoons of honey
1-2 tbsp sweetener (if you prefer them very sweet)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
½ tsp salt
----------------------------------------------------------------
Pulse the prunes and apricots in a food blender until chopped very fine. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Spray a shallow tin (approx 8 x 5 inches) with fry light and spoon mixture in and press down. Bake for 20 mins on 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Run a knife along the edge of the cooked mixture and cut into 10 pieces while still hot (they will feel soft at this point, but will get crisper as they cool). Leave in the tray to cool and then just eat.

Lily I am indebted to you yet again. Thanks m'dear. Those look right up his street. :D

I'm getting waylaid from my jobs by looking on the Slimmingeats website. I love her stuff and I've got to start wading my way through her recipes. Her photos are amazing!

I think I made Magic Porridge today. :D
I'm not 100% sure cos I was trying to remember how others said to make it but I gave it a whirl and I really loved it.

I did Readybrek mixed with a little hot water. 20 secs in micro. Added a Shape raspberry yog and blasted for 20 more secs. Stirred and ate. Was delicious. :D
Very full now.
Could have been cos I found an Intensely creamy lemon yog hidden behind the Utterly buttery so nicked it.
I know. Selfish. I knew I'd had mine. :(
Still, can't have wanted it that much if they've left it since Friday night. :rolleyes:

Going to swish the kitchen round before having a well deserved cappuccino.
Sees you later. ;)

Morning hun,
You make my feet ache lol always running about :giggle:
The recipe for the flapjacks, I found one on here I think it was last week, DD2 has been looking for one since starting SW even asked the C he came back with 2 recipes but they were made with scan bran I believe and pretty :yuk:, but the one I found last week uses your Hex's...could it be the one Tilly is talking about...well look for yourself cos here it is lol xx

Flapjacks

On the basis that you can split your Hexb, this recipe includes a total of 10 Hexb (all plans) and 5 syns-the recipe makes 10 flapjacks, each one is 1 Hexb +½ syn or 6.5 syns if not taking as a Hexb.

128g Ready to eat prunes
106g Ready to eat apricots
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
120g Porridge Oats
2 Tablespoons of honey
1-2 tbsp sweetener (if you prefer them very sweet)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
½ tsp salt
----------------------------------------------------------------
Pulse the prunes and apricots in a food blender until chopped very fine. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Spray a shallow tin (approx 8 x 5 inches) with fry light and spoon mixture in and press down. Bake for 20 mins on 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Run a knife along the edge of the cooked mixture and cut into 10 pieces while still hot (they will feel soft at this point, but will get crisper as they cool). Leave in the tray to cool and then just eat.

I have had this many times and it is delicious. Only problem is stopping at one or two!! Enjoy!

It might have been that recipe I used. Can't remember due to old age :)

If it was that one I must have substituted the prunes with something else cos I've never had a prune.

I have my porridge with a yogurt stirred in and it makes it really creamy. The magic porridge that most of them talk about on here is where you stir a yogurt into the dry porridge oats and leaave in the fridge overnight. It's ready to eat when you get up. It's handy for work when you don't feel like eating at 5.30am, haven't got a microwave and feel like your throats been cut by 8am.

Please send me the bread and scone mix, I love fresh bread and scones not had any since started sw, my mouth is drooling already. xx

I'm not to be trusted with baking. :(

Glad you had a relaxing day.

Have you seen british bake off, that's me in the kitchen I love baking. I have just made a jelly terrine ( a posh jelly) and vanilla terrine for tomorrow, long time since I made those xx:)

I'll be listening to snoring later, too. DH bit snuffly at mo. Could have put a pillow over him last night. Perfect parent, not Perfect Wife. :p

Back