Unfinished diary

Just nipped in. Brushing crumbs off the chest as I do.:whistle:
Just had a peanut butter sandwich. So enjoyed it and havent had peanut butter for yonks.

Trying to get myself in the right mind set for later. Supposed to be there starting 2pm but am going to sneek in at 3pm and hope no one notices.
Now I have no clue whats going on there today.
A 'day of fun' leaves me feeling a bit nervous. This lady is great, such a sense of humour and I wouldn't be at all surprised if she doesn't insist we all get our faces painting, Jackie. :eek:

Apparently there are going to be games. :cry: Please, please don't let them be embarrassing.:(

Last time I went to a 'games' party we had to do this thing where they put an after eight on your forehead and you had to get it in your mouth without touching it.
Looked like someone had poohed on my face. :eek:

Then there was the one where we had to iimbo under the pole. Well you've seen my photos. Wasn't going to happen, was it?
Landed in a heap on my bum. :(

Gee, I'm fun to take to a party, aren't I?

See you all later. ;)

You are welcome to any of my parties anytime crumble, you make me laugh, have a lovely time, can't wait to hear all about all your embarrassing moments, Have fun. xx

:woohoo: what a star you are, belle of the ball...glad you had an amazing time...gosh don't we worry for nothing lol but I am in your shoes this week, got an unexpected and unavoidable invite to a 21st this week (my nieces fiancée, oh no kids party geez), I hope to fair as well as you did, but have a very strong feeling I won't darn it..
Hope you are now planning your next soiree (posh name for a bit of a bash lol) and looking forward to it rather than dreading the whole thing lol
Magnificent, fantastic, bloody brilliant on your loss after all that, must have had an amazing week leading up to it, even with all the stress.
Hope you have another amazing week hun , you deserve it ...oh and you should really think about writing l love your descriptive tales, I can see in my minds eye every detail of your day ...you capture me right from the start, something a good book or story always needs to do xx

Ooh a party for you, too. You'll be just fine Lily. Will all the family be there as well?
Why do we worry so much? Trouble is, I do it every time. I was different when I got there this time so maybe I will change.

I bumped into a friend earlier in the day of Sat and she was so looking forward to it saying that we should all have a great time.
Just made me realise the contrast between us. She loves life and I'm a tad scared of it most of the time.
Decided I'd had enough of that. Need to move on. Hope I have a bit. :)

Ooh a party for you, too. You'll be just fine Lily. Will all the family be there as well?
Why do we worry so much? Trouble is, I do it every time. I was different when I got there this time so maybe I will change.

I bumped into a friend earlier in the day of Sat and she was so looking forward to it saying that we should all have a great time.
Just made me realise the contrast between us. She loves life and I'm a tad scared of it most of the time.
Decided I'd had enough of that. Need to move on. Hope I have a bit. :)

I am dreading this party, not for all the normal reasons but because it's going to be full of teenagers...but really can't say no i'll pass thanks, my niece would never forgive me, wish I'd thought ahead like my brother (even though his son's birthday is the same day as my nieces fiancée) and said oh sorry I won't be here, we're on holiday lol
But have decided being as I have to make an appearance that I will, but it will be a quick run in grab a cake and saunter out while no one's looking :8855:, have heard my sister (nieces mum) is going to slink off after an hour and stay at my brothers house so other than where we will be staying, I will follow her lead lol
It's sounds very much to me like you have taken a huge step forward and definitely moved on a bit, fantastic job hun...and please write some more even if it's just for me ...I love your tales they really make me smile xx

:8855:
I decided at the appropriate moments that I'd disappear to the loo. Then my mum came back all red faced and said there was no lock on it so best to go in pairs in future so one could be doorman. :eek:
Scoobered my chances of hiding out in there.

Okay have only one embarrassing moment to report.

When we found the place it was this massive house set up on a hillside, with trees and gardens surrounding it. Beautiful.
Trouble was the 'parkers' were directing us to park up a grassy hillside. It was like a sheer incline. :eek:
Well I knew the 'drat-mobile' wasn't going to like that. She wouldn't have taken kindly to it when she was 5 years old but now she's an elderly 10 years. :eek:

Fearing the worst I got the family to pile out and left DH to get her up there alone.
Poor lad, the embarrassment. She huffed, puffed, kicked up half their immaculate lawn. :eek: Huge ruts in it after.
Then smelt this burning smell. Over-revving. :rolleyes:

We drew a crowd. Someone kindly suggested a push. The shame.:eek:

Another friend sailed past up the hill in his Alfa Romeo grinning. Poser!
We had the last laugh tho when cos his handbrake must have been dodgy and it wouldn't hold. :Na_Na_Na_Na:
He had to reverse it slowly towards a tree and let it 'lean' against that to stop it going back down the slop. :D

Anyway, after leaving ruts in the lawn and creating a terrible burning smell, plus attracting a crowd who finally and I might add rather sportingly, all cheered when DH managed to finally get it to the top, :p we ended up having a lovely, embarrassment free day. :D

And you know the games..it RAINED. :banana dancer:

We had time for a gymnastics type display from the littlies. The a 'Cheryl Cole' type dance troop thing from the older ones.
Then it RAINED. Thank you, thank you!
:talk017:

And everyone was like :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:
All the men ran to the Beer Tent. All the teenagers ran to the Snooker room.

All us women thoughtfully held back and either helped the elderly out of their chairs and to the main house or ran round like loonies turning the chairs over, optimistically saying 'its only a shower, it'll pass in a minute. We don't want wet bums.' :rolleyes:

Now I'd been told originally that we were having 2 marques (can't spell it!) Nope, they went with one massive beer tent. Bit snug for the 70 odd present but they'd counted on better weather. ( In September?? :confused:)

So the idea behind the 'garden party' was that we were never meant to go in the big house. Not owned by friend but by her son and daughter-in-law, who I instantly loved. So much money but she was fab. So meek, if thats a word people use these days.
Seemed so shy and yet my friend had told me she's a big wig in her career, extremely clever and the one that makes all the money, but she was so sweet and quiet. Never stopped working throughout the day and kept saying how excited she was, it was so lovely to fill the house with people.

The house was more like a country hotel. A catacombe of rooms. Who has 5 lounges? 2 dining rooms. Massive conservatory. No end of terraced areas with garden furniture.
Oh and at night all the gardens were lit up with loads of fairy lights. My favourite bit of it all.
You followed little stone pathways for what seem miles with walled areas, can't see whats round the next till there, and some were bees that twinkled, some changed colour, some 'danced' etc. Mainly white, blue but a few other colours. It was magical.
The kiddies loved it. Every tree and all the box hedging had something going on or each bed had something in it that twinkled and moved.

Sigh, how the other half..etc etc. :rolleyes:
Wanted to see the upstairs but there was a constant queue for the loo up there, all the women going up for a gander I expect.

I can't tell you what fun I had. It was amazing. But the strangest thing was I didn't panic.
I was sitting in the walled garden we started out in, had 'special' seats saved for me as friend knows I'm a bit quiet. :eek:

Suddenly dawned on me, another night sat with just my posse, talking among ourselves.
Not fair to DH who is much more outgoing. He says hes not bothered that I beg him not to leave my side but I'm sure he misses chatting with everyone.

So shocked him when I got out my corner and haired across to the far side of the garden to see an old friend I'd spyed.
No one that I was ever really close to but one that I knows not having a great time and was minus her hubby.
Sat chatting with her for about 20 mins. Had a real laugh.
You know the shared comradship you get when you're both going through it. You mock you younger selves that were so naive and thought life would turn out so different. Well we knew each other in our 20s when we thought we knew it all.

Then we went onto our kids, same ages. Giggling secretly when I whispered about me becoming a grandma. She thought it hysterical. 'You? Grandma?' Snort! :eek:
Cheered her up, anyway. :D

Then I got a compliment. :eek::eek:
Okay he'd just come from the beer tent and was holding a bottle of hooch?? eh? whats that?

By now I was so proud of me that I was on a roll. I'd circulated round the tables, chatting willy nilly to all. Killig myself laughing with everyone.
Was so heady and yet hadn't touched a drop. It was so liberating and I wasn't a bit tongue tied. :confused:

Got back to my table and DH was just grinning at me with a 'whats with this then?' look on his face. :)
Anyway, a friend of his came across and sat next to me. A couple more friends had joined DH while I was away 'circulating' and they'd got on the subject of call-centres and what a best the cold callers were.
Then DH's friend said, 'mind, if they sounded like her,' giving me a nudge. ' I'd buy anything they wanted.'

Then he goes on to give an impression of 'me' talking to all these people. :eek:
He was doing this right sexy, husky voice. :eek:
'what? foghorn here?' says DH chuckling. 'Shall we loan her to India and up their sales?'
DS2 was peeing himself and my mum was nattering about, 'she gets it from me, one of my relatives was a Duke.' :confused: She'd had a white wine. Nuff said.

(our claim to fame is that a duke knocked off one of his maid. My nan's mum. Only my mum would think that worth boasting about):rolleyes:

Even when we went into the house 'our' lounge became the IN lounge. :D And you know what, I was right in the middle of it. Not cowering at the edge watching the clock. I was loving it and enjoying being right in the middle of every conversation.
We had a ball.

Some more of DH's mates came in. They were playing me up over the voice thing, too. :eek:
One was saying he loved my voice because I talked so 'posh.'
I don't.
The other was saying he could listen to it for hours. DH told him to be glad he didn't have to. :rolleyes:

I ate sherry trifle, real glitter buns (like kirsties homemade:D) posh sandwiches, stuff I've no idea what it was, cake, cake and a bit more cake.
BBQ meats and hot dogs. Sausage rolls, sausages on sticks, crisps, crackers, cheese, pork scratchings :confused:, them pancake thingies, oooh loads.

And I LOST 1/2lb this morning. :confused:
Now where is the justice in that? Mad.

Wow I've waffled. But I guess this diary is just that. My life on record including the all important emotions that tend to impact so much on my weight.

Least today was a good day. ;)
Ooh and the sun has just started shining brilliantly. Could it be a good week? I hope so.

Now to see how you're all doing on your diaries. :D

So good to see you enjoyed yourelf, I could read all about your tales all day long, you make me laugh and brighten up my day everyday. Well done on your weight loss. xx

I'm so glad you had a lovely time but I'm not suprised cos you are a lovely lady :)

You really would make a mint if you wrote books. Just don't forget your poor friends on here when you're rich.

No it's not bl**dy fair that you lost 1/2 lb. I was good all week and I only lost that. Well done :D

:8855:
I decided at the appropriate moments that I'd disappear to the loo. Then my mum came back all red faced and said there was no lock on it so best to go in pairs in future so one could be doorman. :eek:
Scoobered my chances of hiding out in there.

to cope with my mushybrain syndrome I am typing in red so I dont forget anything. I am not for the record marking your work :8855:

Okay have only one embarrassing moment to report.

When we found the place it was this massive house set up on a hillside, with trees and gardens surrounding it. Beautiful.
Trouble was the 'parkers' were directing us to park up a grassy hillside. It was like a sheer incline. :eek:
Well I knew the 'drat-mobile' wasn't going to like that. She wouldn't have taken kindly to it when she was 5 years old but now she's an elderly 10 years. :eek:

Fearing the worst I got the family to pile out and left DH to get her up there alone.
Poor lad, the embarrassment. She huffed, puffed, kicked up half their immaculate lawn. :eek: Huge ruts in it after.
Then smelt this burning smell. Over-revving. :rolleyes:

bless :8855:
We drew a crowd. Someone kindly suggested a push. The shame.:eek:

Another friend sailed past up the hill in his Alfa Romeo grinning. Poser!
We had the last laugh tho when cos his handbrake must have been dodgy and it wouldn't hold. :Na_Na_Na_Na:
He had to reverse it slowly towards a tree and let it 'lean' against that to stop it going back down the slop. :D

that made me giggle. you can just him all smug and then having to do that :8855: sorry I am evil
Anyway, after leaving ruts in the lawn and creating a terrible burning smell, plus attracting a crowd who finally and I might add rather sportingly, all cheered when DH managed to finally get it to the top, :p we ended up having a lovely, embarrassment free day. :D

And you know the games..it RAINED. :banana dancer:

yay for rain and no games thats definately something to dance about
We had time for a gymnastics type display from the littlies. The a 'Cheryl Cole' type dance troop thing from the older ones.
Then it RAINED. Thank you, thank you!
:talk017:

And everyone was like :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:
All the men ran to the Beer Tent. All the teenagers ran to the Snooker room.

All us women thoughtfully held back and either helped the elderly out of their chairs and to the main house or ran round like loonies turning the chairs over, optimistically saying 'its only a shower, it'll pass in a minute. We don't want wet bums.' :rolleyes:

Now I'd been told originally that we were having 2 marques (can't spell it!) Nope, they went with one massive beer tent. Bit snug for the 70 odd present but they'd counted on better weather. ( In September?? :confused:)

So the idea behind the 'garden party' was that we were never meant to go in the big house. Not owned by friend but by her son and daughter-in-law, who I instantly loved. So much money but she was fab. So meek, if thats a word people use these days.
Seemed so shy and yet my friend had told me she's a big wig in her career, extremely clever and the one that makes all the money, but she was so sweet and quiet. Never stopped working throughout the day and kept saying how excited she was, it was so lovely to fill the house with people.

The house was more like a country hotel. A catacombe of rooms. Who has 5 lounges? 2 dining rooms. Massive conservatory. No end of terraced areas with garden furniture.
Oh and at night all the gardens were lit up with loads of fairy lights. My favourite bit of it all.
You followed little stone pathways for what seem miles with walled areas, can't see whats round the next till there, and some were bees that twinkled, some changed colour, some 'danced' etc. Mainly white, blue but a few other colours. It was magical.

sort of thing I would love too. Sounds so lovely
The kiddies loved it. Every tree and all the box hedging had something going on or each bed had something in it that twinkled and moved.

Sigh, how the other half..etc etc. :rolleyes:
Wanted to see the upstairs but there was a constant queue for the loo up there, all the women going up for a gander I expect.

:8855: you could have wandered around pretending to wait in the queue
I can't tell you what fun I had. It was amazing. But the strangest thing was I didn't panic.

well done you :D proud of you :D
I was sitting in the walled garden we started out in, had 'special' seats saved for me as friend knows I'm a bit quiet. :eek:

Suddenly dawned on me, another night sat with just my posse, talking among ourselves.
Not fair to DH who is much more outgoing. He says hes not bothered that I beg him not to leave my side but I'm sure he misses chatting with everyone.

So shocked him when I got out my corner and haired across to the far side of the garden to see an old friend I'd spyed.
No one that I was ever really close to but one that I knows not having a great time and was minus her hubby.
Sat chatting with her for about 20 mins. Had a real laugh.
You know the shared comradship you get when you're both going through it. You mock you younger selves that were so naive and thought life would turn out so different. Well we knew each other in our 20s when we thought we knew it all.

fantastic, no stopping you now sweetie
Then we went onto our kids, same ages. Giggling secretly when I whispered about me becoming a grandma. She thought it hysterical. 'You? Grandma?' Snort! :eek:
Cheered her up, anyway. :D

nice to be able to chat and laugh like this and I for one will not think of you as a grandma far too young we need a new word not sure what yet :D

Then I got a compliment. :eek::eek:
Okay he'd just come from the beer tent and was holding a bottle of hooch?? eh? whats that?

By now I was so proud of me that I was on a roll. I'd circulated round the tables, chatting willy nilly to all. Killig myself laughing with everyone.
Was so heady and yet hadn't touched a drop. It was so liberating and I wasn't a bit tongue tied. :confused:

Got back to my table and DH was just grinning at me with a 'whats with this then?' look on his face. :)
Anyway, a friend of his came across and sat next to me. A couple more friends had joined DH while I was away 'circulating' and they'd got on the subject of call-centres and what a best the cold callers were.
Then DH's friend said, 'mind, if they sounded like her,' giving me a nudge. ' I'd buy anything they wanted.'

Then he goes on to give an impression of 'me' talking to all these people. :eek:
He was doing this right sexy, husky voice. :eek:
'what? foghorn here?' says DH chuckling. 'Shall we loan her to India and up their sales?'
DS2 was peeing himself and my mum was nattering about, 'she gets it from me, one of my relatives was a Duke.' :confused: She'd had a white wine. Nuff said.

(our claim to fame is that a duke knocked off one of his maid. My nan's mum. Only my mum would think that worth boasting about):rolleyes:

Even when we went into the house 'our' lounge became the IN lounge. :D And you know what, I was right in the middle of it. Not cowering at the edge watching the clock. I was loving it and enjoying being right in the middle of every conversation.
We had a ball.

Some more of DH's mates came in. They were playing me up over the voice thing, too. :eek:
One was saying he loved my voice because I talked so 'posh.'
I don't.
The other was saying he could listen to it for hours. DH told him to be glad he didn't have to. :rolleyes:

I ate sherry trifle, real glitter buns (like kirsties homemade:D) posh sandwiches, stuff I've no idea what it was, cake, cake and a bit more cake.
BBQ meats and hot dogs. Sausage rolls, sausages on sticks, crisps, crackers, cheese, pork scratchings :confused:, them pancake thingies, oooh loads.

And I LOST 1/2lb this morning. :confused:
Now where is the justice in that? Mad.

i shall just have to go back to sulking again now I've read that :8855: ;)

Wow I've waffled. But I guess this diary is just that. My life on record including the all important emotions that tend to impact so much on my weight.

Least today was a good day. ;)
Ooh and the sun has just started shining brilliantly. Could it be a good week? I hope so.

Now to see how you're all doing on your diaries. :D

what a lovely post and you sound so happy :D :grouphugg: fantastic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Urghh, not well. Stayed in bed till 11. Up and about but not great. DH and DS2 also saying dizzy and upset tummys.

A couple a party weren't well, bad headaches and feeling queasy. Bah may have caught something.

Not overeating, not eating much.
Will be back and read when not so burny.

Aww hope you feel much better soon sweetie :hug99: xx

Get back on this wagon right now Mrs Crumble.

Look how confident you were at the party and that's cos you've lost weight and are feeling better about yourself.

We've saved you a seat and it's a nice comfy one :D

OOOhh scarey. Bet you don't have to tell your kids twice to tidy their rooms. :8855:

Okay firmly back in the comfy seat.

Thanks for the well wishes. Am feeling tons better but shhshh, I'm not telling anyone. Fancy another day off. :whistle:

Will cook tonight tho but just doing them a new lasagne recipe. It reminds me of the baked bean lasagne but has red lentils in too. That should fill SIL. :rolleyes:
Not a SW recipe but not bad and I'm not eating it as don't fancy that yet.

My food today will be: RED
(could have been green but I'd eat too much pasta plus the syns would work out more.
I'm cheating too cos I don't have wholemeal pasta. Tough. :p)

Egg on Toast ~ HXB
Quorn BBQ sausage ~ 0.5 syns
grilled herby tomatoes

2 x pears

Penne (35g dry)~ HXB
1tbs olive oil ~ 6 syns
sage

Sausage stuffed Marrow =
1x thin cumberland sausage ~ 4 syns
25g dried sage & onion stuffing ~ 4 syns
marrow
steamed vegetables

250ml semi for drinks ~ HXA
2 x apples

= 1x HXA, 2x HXB + 14.5 syns

Now, I can't work on a weekly syns basis as I have no idea what syns I've had over the last couple of days but I imagine masses as I've not eaten meals as such but nibbled at bits and bobs.
Spearmint soft mints, cereal bars, crackers, walnuts. All the rubbish. oh and rolos I found. :eek:

Soooo, I'll just have to take it one day at a time syn-wise. Won't cut back but just carry on as usual with my 10 - 15 syns a day.

Am trying new tricks as I wanted to attempt some recipes from normal websties out of my file that are awaiting their moment in the crumble household.
Plus I have a bad feeling about our car (cost us almost £2000 in bills since Jan and still to have the MOT next month :eek:)so I'm upping the priority of the frugal side to my original challege I set myself.

SW on the cheap then for me from now on and I have massive stocks of some basics like pulses and grains. These must get used now in my menus.

Seeing as I'm still feeling a tad fragile I shall pencil in the rest of this week to park my behind on the sofa and work my way through the recipe file and plan out a good 4 weeks menus.

Right best get myself moving and get that lovely breakfast.

Catcha all later. Ohh and must whizz over to Lily's place to find out how WI went last night. ;)

Ohh and nip and see what Jane's been cooking. Might have to make brekkies first and then read up while eating. :p

Good morning hun, glad you're feeling a little better and don't worry, you're secret is definitely safe with me ;) :8855:
Hmm lentil lasagne sounds interesting, could we please have the recipe for that one xx
I often do non SW recipes, when I first started SW my C said all recipes are adaptable, so I try to adapt any I fancy, just mainly take out the fat and replace with non fat substitutes.
I agree with just carrying on draw a line and forget what's gone before, just carry on as if nothings happened, after all we're human it happens.
Like you I need to plan my menu's again...am so behind this week, normally have the weeks set out but not this week, so need to get my butt in gear. Teaching my neighbours son how to make Chicken Dhansak the SW way today, so no chance to catch up until tonight, might have to go into hiding to actually get a bit of me time lol
Have a great day sweetie xx

I'm going to be searching your diary for that dansak recipe. I'm sure you've mentioned it before.

The recipe I'm going to play with today for Lasagne is this one.

pancake lasagne « CFR blog

Will use lasagne sheets rather than making pancakes on this occasion, tho.
They took okay to the Baked bean Lasagne so I think they'll go for this.

All I do is skin a sausage (I'm the only one that eats this) and mix it with the made up stuffing.
Then I pop the sliced marrow rings onto a silicone baking sheet, pot some of the sausage mixture on top of each slice of marrow and then bake in the oven for around 30-40mins at gas mark 6.
The stuffing mix goes lovely and crunchy and the flavour from the topping melts into the marrow.

Thought I was feeling fine but have realised today that not so great still. Silly day to try the pasta and sage dressing thing. Was lovely but made me feel a bit uck.

All I do is skin a sausage (I'm the only one that eats this) and mix it with the made up stuffing.
Then I pop the sliced marrow rings onto a silicone baking sheet, pot some of the sausage mixture on top of each slice of marrow and then bake in the oven for around 30-40mins at gas mark 6.
The stuffing mix goes lovely and crunchy and the flavour from the topping melts into the marrow.

Thought I was feeling fine but have realised today that not so great still. Silly day to try the pasta and sage dressing thing. Was lovely but made me feel a bit uck.

Oooh loving the sound of the marrow and sausage, I loveeeee stuffed marrow yum yum....oh bum, hope you're feeling a bit better hunni xx

As for the dhansak recipe I told you, you're wish is my command...I will send you the recipe via PM so that way you don't have to search back through the pages to find it xx

Back