Unfinished diary

Aww thanks hun, you cheer me up too and I drool everyday over your creations, they are so yummy I have made 95% of them, you make losing weight a pleasure and very easy most of the time as long as there are no cupcakes involved, I am addicted I think lol xx

I think having different creations as you put it helps me to stay on plan and never get bored, I use to eat the same old food then I give up because I got bored with it, this time around I made sure I never get bored so I try varying different types of recipes out to help keep me going along this new way of life I am on, really pleased you liked 95% of them I will keep them coming. xx

I've done the same this time,I always used to eat the same things over and over.
I didn't say I only liked 95%..I said I've tried 95% so far I intend to try them all lol so please do keep them coming xx

I think having different creations as you put it helps me to stay on plan and never get bored, I use to eat the same old food then I give up because I got bored with it, this time around I made sure I never get bored so I try varying different types of recipes out to help keep me going along this new way of life I am on, really pleased you liked 95% of them I will keep them coming. xx

Definitely keep them coming. I love that you weed out the good ones first for us all. ;)

Just think how much more fun you're going to have cooking once that new kitchen is in. Not long now! :D

And the good thing about all that is that by the time you put say a roast in the oven and it's ready, we could drive to North Wales in time to eat with you lol xxx

And the good thing about all that is that by the time you put say a roast in the oven and it's ready, we could drive to North Wales in time to eat with you lol xxx

And don't forget pudding :D

:drool: how could we forget Jane's puddings:8855: xx

I didn't even like puds till Jane started showing me how tempting they were lol
Got my beef casserole in the slow cooker and smells delish, my mouth is really watering lol...I have been humming and haaing about the tinned choccies this year and am still undecided lol...I don't normally bother with them but cos I "can't" have them you can bet your bottom dollar I'll stuff my face with them if I do give in and buy them..oh and I would choose the celebrations every time love those malteser balls in them yummy lol xx

Hmm and today I spotted Asda had the 2 tins of choccies for a tenner. A moment of indecision but only about whether to go for Heroes or Celebrations to go with the Roses. :(

I normally would have brought 2 of them and started to eat them by now, and buy another 2 by christmas, don't know if to buy any this year hubby says yes I say no, he bound to win:8855:. xx

Well in theory we're supposed to be buying one tin to take away next weekend on our jaunt and one to leave here with DS1 and SIL.

Now Holmfirth was easy cos just DH and myself and no real temptation I couldn't handle but this time round we have DS2 with us and he'll be expecting the usual scoff and trough weekend. :(

We shall see how well I cope. I'm going easy on myself at the mo as don't need to crash and burn. Would much rather take a minor 'detour' than derail altogether. :rolleyes:

Could you just buy something for him that you don't like. It will be much harder if his treats are appealing to you too.

Lots going on at the mo. The day we go away (next Friday) DS1 & Co find out whether they are having a boy or girl.
They're going to text us as soon as they find out.

A girl at work was supposed to find out on Friday but the little beggar had it's legs crossed so they didn't know :8855:

When we get back there are just 4 days till they get married. Will be a strange day for me.
My mum has just found out that a few of my friends have been invited to the wedding. :eek:
I found out last week, was shocked myself. They've also asked 2 of mine to be witnesses and DS2's best friend to be Best Man. :sigh:
One is even getting her dressed and helping with her hair, etc.
My friends didn't tell me. Kept it secret. :(
They'll have meant well but somehow it hurt more. I felt more excluded than ever from everything to do with DS1 wedding. Even my friends are in on it but I'm not. :(
Deep down I know I'd much rather my mates be looking out for them that day while I'm not there to keep an eye in case of 'waves' if her mum makes an appearance, but the sulkier side of me thinks they should have told me. Wasn't right. I'd have coped much better. Even now they don't know that I know. DH said they must have felt awkward so its better if I keep quiet till afterwards but its all the whispered planning behind my back with Co thats hurt me.
Couldn't have made me feel more excluded if they'd tried.

I can see both sides here but I think Co needs to be a lot more thoughtful when she's gonna be needing your help in the future.

Mum's livid. Didn't mind not going if no one invited. Now she feels slighted.
Up till now she's blamed 'that woman' aka Co's mum, who she loathes, but now she's giving Co sour looks.

And if she has anything to say she will say this only once :8855:

Co apparently did the inviting. DS1 only owned to it when DS2 spragged on him, which was most unusual so I'm wondering if he's hurting, too.
He pretty much minds his own as a rule and has a live and let live philosophy on life.
Might be smarting that his mate is going and he's not.

Aww poor love, I bet he feels left out.

Oh well, least Co asked if her wedding dress could be delivered here. She asked me to 'approve' it first when she was ordering it as her mum wants none of it.

That was a tricky moment. Giving my opinion. You know those greek weddings, or gypsy weddings... massive dresses with loads going on? Think she's been inspired by those.
Still its her day so she should wear whatever makes her feel special and beautiful.
Lets just hope someones there to open the double doors tho or she'll never get through.
Am bad. :eek:

I bet your mum turns up and she can push her through the door :8855:

Well, waffled a lot but feels like a load off now I've got that off my chest. :p

In truth I'm not so sad. Just want this wedding over so we can focus on more fun stuff. Isn't that awful! Can't believe I said that. :eek:

Oh and I have a little secret up my sleeve that none of them know about. :p
One of mum's friends was asking me about the wedding, what day, time etc.
I should have been suspicious cos she knows none of the family are invited.

Minute she's got all the details she triumphantly tells me, 'right then. I'll be there at 11.30am. They'll not exclude me. I'll be waving them on and if they don't want me up in the room to watch I'll just wait out on the pavement till they come out!' :rolleyes: Oppps.
Her daughter, the one that was ribbing me over being a grandma last week, was trying to tell her to stay out of it and giving me apologetic looks.
Pointless. They've reached that age. Normal rules don't apply. They can do as they like.
I want to be that age. Yeah there's wrinkles and aches etc, (got them anyway) but the freedom to misbehave and be unaccountable because 'she's getting on, bless.'
See, there's always something to look forward to. :8855:

I think that was a very clever and crafty move letting the old dear know everything. Well done :D

If it makes your mum feel better then I hope she does go to the wedding with her shopping trolley :)

One of the bad things about kids growing up is having to watch them mke decisions that we don't agree with. We have to let them get on with it and just be there to pick up the pieces.

I hope they have a nice wedding and I hope the day isn't too upsetting for the rest of you. Did you say you were all going for a meal with them cos that will be nice if you are. If not why don't the rest of you do something special instead.

The good thing to come out of all this will be a beautiful baby who adores his/her grandparent Crumbles :D

Anyway enough of them. How's the decorating coming along? How long are you going to Scarborough for? I love Scarborough. My hubbie wants to be throw off Sarborough castle when he's dead. Why wait was my reply :8855:

Hey sweetie,
I really feel for you, I couldn't imagine how I would cope in your position, part of me wants to say I'd bloody well go to the wedding no matter what and the other part of me would as the mother want to stand by my child's wishes.
I am so happy you will at least have an ally there making sure it goes off ok .
Seems your mother and I have something in common, don't ask me what happened 5 minutes ago cos I won't be able to tell you, but ask me what happened 20 or 30 years ago and not only will I tell you but I can recall exact conversations too lol...but to be honest, I wish I could remember what happened 5 minutes ago more lol
I have a very strong image of your Mum in my head (wish I could turn this off as my images are never anything like the real thing lol) and it does make me :giggle:, I have a strong feeling if there were ever another war your Mum would be a very good ally to have on our side...I'm sure she'd send off any invaders with a big flea in their ear lol, with her whalley trolley (that had me laughing my head off, what an image) as a weapon lol
Hope you have a good day hun, you deserve it xx

Well in theory we're supposed to be buying one tin to take away next weekend on our jaunt and one to leave here with DS1 and SIL.

Now Holmfirth was easy cos just DH and myself and no real temptation I couldn't handle but this time round we have DS2 with us and he'll be expecting the usual scoff and trough weekend. :(

see how you feel at the time. one day at a time sweetie. IF you scoff and trough, enjoy it ok?

We shall see how well I cope. I'm going easy on myself at the mo as don't need to crash and burn. Would much rather take a minor 'detour' than derail altogether. :rolleyes:

exactly I went the long way round this week so expect to put on tomorrow. I won['t be pleased though :8855:
Lots going on at the mo. The day we go away (next Friday) DS1 & Co find out whether they are having a boy or girl.
They're going to text us as soon as they find out.

awww exciting sweetie. How many weeks is Co now?
When we get back there are just 4 days till they get married. Will be a strange day for me.
My mum has just found out that a few of my friends have been invited to the wedding. :eek:

Being a mum I hurt for you :cry: I have actually cried quite alot reading this message hence replying later than I planned. I accept she didn't want her parents there thats fine, but I can't get my head around this... I could have IF they had just had their friends as witnesses but your friends :confused: I don'[t want to upset you more but just sympathise so much mate I really do
I found out last week, was shocked myself. They've also asked 2 of mine to be witnesses and DS2's best friend to be Best Man. :sigh:

? :confused:
One is even getting her dressed and helping with her hair, etc.
My friends didn't tell me. Kept it secret. :(
They'll have meant well but somehow it hurt more. I felt more excluded than ever from everything to do with DS1 wedding. Even my friends are in on it but I'm not. :(
Deep down I know I'd much rather my mates be looking out for them that day while I'm not there to keep an eye in case of 'waves' if her mum makes an appearance, but the sulkier side of me thinks they should have told me. Wasn't right. I'd have coped much better. Even now they don't know that I know. DH said they must have felt awkward so its better if I keep quiet till afterwards but its all the whispered planning behind my back with Co thats hurt me.

I would be hurt too. You've done so much, bought them up right and it feels like a slap in the face. I do see their point of view on some of it but certainly not all of it
Couldn't have made me feel more excluded if they'd tried.

Mum's livid. Didn't mind not going if no one invited. Now she feels slighted.

Hope she says something. I have always turned things around and tried my best to see how someone else would feel they obviously didn't do this....
Up till now she's blamed 'that woman' aka Co's mum, who she loathes, but now she's giving Co sour looks.

it is bound to cause bad feeling. Only natural. I dont know Co but I would be glaring at her too
Co apparently did the inviting. DS1 only owned to it when DS2 spragged on him, which was most unusual so I'm wondering if he's hurting, too.

still does not justify it... he surely knows how this would make his lovely mum feel :(
He pretty much minds his own as a rule and has a live and let live philosophy on life.
Might be smarting that his mate is going and he's not.

Oh well, least Co asked if her wedding dress could be delivered here. She asked me to 'approve' it first when she was ordering it as her mum wants none of it.

don't know what to say but I am beginning to feel you should corner the pair of them and very very very calmly tell them how this is making you feel as a mother that cares so much

That was a tricky moment. Giving my opinion. You know those greek weddings, or gypsy weddings... massive dresses with loads going on? Think she's been inspired by those.
Still its her day so she should wear whatever makes her feel special and beautiful.
Lets just hope someones there to open the double doors tho or she'll never get through.
Am bad. :eek:

Well, waffled a lot but feels like a load off now I've got that off my chest. :p
sweetie always best to say it. even if only to us please promise me not to bottle it up as it will make you very poorly xxxxx
In truth I'm not so sad. Just want this wedding over so we can focus on more fun stuff. Isn't that awful! Can't believe I said that. :eek:

you are bound to feel like this under the circumstances

Oh and I have a little secret up my sleeve that none of them know about. :p
One of mum's friends was asking me about the wedding, what day, time etc.
I should have been suspicious cos she knows none of the family are invited.

Minute she's got all the details she triumphantly tells me, 'right then. I'll be there at 11.30am. They'll not exclude me. I'll be waving them on and if they don't want me up in the room to watch I'll just wait out on the pavement till they come out!' :rolleyes: Oppps.
Her daughter, the one that was ribbing me over being a grandma last week, was trying to tell her to stay out of it and giving me apologetic looks.
Pointless. They've reached that age. Normal rules don't apply. They can do as they like.
I want to be that age. Yeah there's wrinkles and aches etc, (got them anyway) but the freedom to misbehave and be unaccountable because 'she's getting on, bless.'
See, there's always something to look forward to. :8855:
huge huge :bighug: I just feel so cross for you.. they have been thoughtless xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well said Jackie, exactly what I wanted to say, but sometimes I am not able to put into words exactly how I feel...I get distracted and divert away from the actual situation.
I too am sitting here feeling totally gutted and angry for you Crumble, kids can be so thoughtless and hurtful at times (and I do believe it is thoughtless more than deliberately being hurtful), again Jackie is right and you shouldn't bottle it up...I know I don't like saying bad stuff about my kids, not because I don't feel it when they hurt me, but because I don't want it to reflect back on me, but I have just realised this very second that I'm not the only one who has kids that are shall we say selfish, all be it not deliberately so and maybe voicing what I feel and how hurt they have made me feel will actually make me more tolerant and less angry at them and I do get angry .
I know lots has upset you especially with regard to the wedding and the grandchild, and rightfully so, but I do hope this beautiful baby will create some healing for everyone xxxx

Crumble I hope I wasn't out of order :bighug: but as a Mum I am just speaking for other Mums basically saying you are right to be upset and maybe now is the time to take the pair to one side and tell them how you feel, even if you cry. No more bottling it up. I know i'd have been like you kept quiet plodded on but I do believe this would be the point where I would deal with it, even if its just voice my opinion kindly because I would be so so hurt.

I shall shut up now as its not my business and I would never hurt you sweetie I think the world of you but I feel this is all getting out of hand and I hurt for you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Totally agree sweetie, don't think they mean to be selfish or hurtful, but they often are..glad you're enjoying buying the baby stuff, can't wait till Kirsty starts having little Bambino's seems forever since they others were little tots...it's tradition in our family that Mal (he's become the Don somehow lol) always buys the 1st pair of booties..so cute and he's such a mother hen, sounds just like your DH, really good with the kids too xx
Good Luck for WI tomorrow hun, I have my :fingerscrossed: for you xx

Good morning Crumble, :woohoo: well done on that loss, so pessimistic lol but then so would I be somehow it's never as bad as we imagine. As for weighing in when you get home Monday, personally I would leave it till Tuesday, as you will always weigh heavier later in the day, but then again when you go back to your normal weigh in time the following week, it may be that you'll have a bigger loss..oh well choice is yours lol...why did I say anything in the first place cos now I am in a quandary myself :8855:
Have a great day pet, whatever you decide lol xxx

Crumble you are being really sensible about this wedding and you're right that it's not a deliberate act to upset you.

Re the scan the radiographer did everything she could to get it to move but it wouldn't budge. It was her fault though cos she forgot to look for the sex and then when she remembered it was in that position. She said to them my initial reaction was it's a girl but if you look here there are 2 sticks so I can't be sure. If you ask me it's a bit worrying if it's got 2 :eek:

How the hell did you lose all that much. You are one jammy so and so :D

I don't think it matters when you weigh in cos you'll probably eat fish and chips, burgers, doughnuts, rock, candy floss, icecream and still lose about 6 stone :8855:

Crumble you are being really sensible about this wedding and you're right that it's not a deliberate act to upset you.

Re the scan the radiographer did everything she could to get it to move but it wouldn't budge. It was her fault though cos she forgot to look for the sex and then when she remembered it was in that position. She said to them my initial reaction was it's a girl but if you look here there are 2 sticks so I can't be sure. If you ask me it's a bit worrying if it's got 2 :eek:

How the hell did you lose all that much. You are one jammy so and so :D

I don't think it matters when you weigh in cos you'll probably eat fish and chips, burgers, doughnuts, rock, candy floss, icecream and still lose about 6 stone :8855:

Laughed out loud at the 2 sticks and the eat what you like cos you'll prolly lose 6st anyway and if you do Crumble can you tell us so we can eat the same and lose the same 6st ta muchly :D:D:rolleyes:

:whistle: *am having a nosy :peep: , trying to find the culprit who nicked my 4.5st and 5st shiny's, clever too they are, only certain people can see they are gone :eek:*
*I'll just stand over here inconspicuously and wait, see if they turn up :smoke:*

Back