Unfinished diary

OMG :eek:
Well done?

Don't think I'm really a perfect parent. I've felt very dark thoughts these past few days a couple of times, particularly Friday night. :eek:

Then I've done that thing (hope its not just me :rolleyes: ) where you have imaginary conversations where you really let fly how you feel to that person thats causing you the grief and you tell them exactly what you think of them.
If I woke DH up with my mutterings he tactfully didn't let me see but about 3am my wall got a right tongue lashing from me. :p

No, it's just you. Have you thought about getting some help :8855:

Only kidding. It's amazing how in those arguments we always say what needs to be said and are really good at it and in reality we either rant without making sense or turn into a quivering wreck.

Mums down today. That'll be interesting. :rolleyes: She's out for blood.
First grandchild to get married on both mine and DH's side and no family present. She's livid.
She says DIL's grandparents are in their 60's, DS1's all in their 80's bar her. How many weddings will they get the chance to go to. Hmmm fair point.

I don't blame her for being mad.

Anyhoo, long story short, her mum and gran were witnesses at the wedding. Thats how I found out, saw their signatures on the certificate. :mad:

What :eek:

My lovely friend, who won't say what went down so as not to add fuel merely said that DIL's mum was extremely rude to her and she was dismissed. :eek:
As much as I would like to get her to dish the dirt I respect her for her discretion. Once you know the details you can't erase them. No point me being more mad than I am.

You're a better woman than me

Anyway, DS1 agreed to mum being here with me for when he came and got his stuff and in view of the fact her mum showed at the wedding he felt it fair to stay with us for a while (2 hours:D) after the wedding with my mum, his brother, best man and both SILs.
We hadn't thought we'd see them other than him rushing in so no food was got in but mum whipped a packet of choccie digestives out her shopper :)confused:) and we passed those round.
Bit unconventional but made us all giggle.

OMG is your mum Mary Poppins

Got some gorgeous photos that were so natural. Can't really post as not fair to them but they were lovely.

Bestman, being a youth and totally without feeling the need to abide by any rule (!) had secretly arranged that he was taking DS1, DIL and DS2 out for dinner as his treat, so off they went and DS2 was thrilled. :D
So while not how I wished it to be, it wasn't a totally terrible time and we did have the fun of having them most of the afternoon and not for just 20 mins in the registry office.
Given the choice I think we got the best of it.
DH just a tad sad. Said that he's not on any of the wedding photos for future albums. Me, mum, DS2 and SILs were but not him. :(
Mum suggested they get dressed up again for the meal out but it wouldn't feel the same. Can't recapture that moment.
We will have to create other 'moments.' Maybe a big bash for their first anniversary? (if they make it that far :rolleyes:)

One of my relatives wedding photos got ruined at the photographers so they dressed up and had photos taken in the garden.

My wedding photos are nice and rubbish at the same time. We didn't have a photographer so the people there were all taking photos. We don't have one photo where we're all looking at the same camera :8855:

So today is another day.
Not planned my food yet as have no idea whats in. Didn't shop. Been eating rubbish as mum and SIL buying takeaways.
Think they thought I was too stressed to cook. :p

Oh and you never guess what? I lost 1lb!! How the heck?????
Must be cos some days didn't eat, others ate everything!
Gained lots last week so it must be that adjusting.

Well done on the loss

So what to eat today. DS1 and DIL are bring back sweets and chocolate and wedding cake. Hmmmm wot to do?

Well I suppose you'll have to have cake :)

Bah, will see. Make a plan and see.

RED

Egg
Bacon
Tomatoes
mushrooms
250ml milk ~ A

Cheesy herb crusted chicken ~ 3 + A
2oz peas ~ 2
swede/carrots
Spicy wedges ~ B
Big spray olive oil ~ 2

Egg salad
gherkins
whml roll ~ B
cheese triangle ~ 1.5

= 2x A, 2x B + 8.5 syns

8.5/105 syns

Now I'm going easy on myself this week cos you can bet your bottom dollar that if the little gutsies have saved me a piece of wedding cake I WILL be having it. :D

Will catch up with you all soon. ;)

DIL's mum and nan sound nasty. I bet there nowhere to be seen when it comes to babysitting :mad:

Hey hun, well I have to agree with Tilly and Jackie, you are definitely a better woman than me cos I would have gone ape :bighug: to you and well done for staying ...I was going to say calm I think sane is more the word lol
Not what I'd call a close family either, they sound just like my daughters future in laws ...god help her.
Love your menu for yesterday, the extras that is and your plan to finish it off today :giggle: a girl after me own heart hehehe.
Hope you have a fab day sweetie, catch you soon :hug99:
Oh and a big :woohoo: for your loss, you amazing woman xxxxxxx

Eating fest not over yet. Slice peanut butter, slice chocolate spread and half a tomato sarnie for lunch. Breakfast was on to plan tho. ;)

It will burn itself out soon and I'll be back to plan. Not panicking. Will just enjoy going with the flow till then. :whistle:

Totally agree with your thought process there. With the stress and heartache you have had lately you have done really well.

Get your head straight then you will be fine.

:bighug:

Eating fest not over yet. Slice peanut butter, slice chocolate spread and half a tomato sarnie for lunch. Breakfast was on to plan tho. ;)

It will burn itself out soon and I'll be back to plan. Not panicking. Will just enjoy going with the flow till then. :whistle:

I'm confused. Did you have the peanut butter and chocolate spread in the tomato sarnie cos that sounds disgusting :9529:

Hope you're ok hun. We're all here if you need us - we're not much good but we're here :8855:

Hope the tube works on DH's cellulite :8855: not sure why you are using it sweetie as you don['t have any :D xxxxx

Naturally I'm only using it as a preventative. :p

Totally peeved with my postie.
Ordered an anniversary card off Funkypigeon for DH (not till January but they were doing a free card code and I like to keep the romance alive :whistle:)
and the beggar has just folded it and put it through the door! :rant2:
Nasty crease right down the front!

Three years I've avoided paying for his card. Always strike lucky with Hallmarks freebies in September.
I'll shove it under a pile of books but if its not come out by Jan I'll have to pay out for one. :(
Stupid man!

Hey sweet cheeks, I just love your priorities, you go girl lol
Blackcurrant Jam :drool: that's it, Peanut butter and now that...I have to have it why would anyone want Strawberry when there is Blackcurrant to be had?..Beyond me .
You know what my daughter is marrying into the very same kind of out laws, but thankfully after having her gorgeous son living at ours for nearly 2 years, he has come round to our way of thinking.
They have money and setting for 150 guests maximum, so she keeps adding Uncle Bilbo and Auntie Fatbutt, who they haven't seen since he was a about 3 months old (he will be nearly 25 when they get married), but who must come to the wedding because they are family....told my Kirsty if we actually invited all the aunts, uncles and misfits in my family, Buckingham Palace wouldn't be big enough and that's not exaggerated (much)...so SIL to be, told Mummy Dearest last week she has to cut 60 off the list she is peed off...oh dear..told her if she and her lard ass hubby want to actually get off their butts and work and get some money (instead of scrounging off the state and then p***ing it up the wall) they can pay the extra for the bigger venue but until such time they will do as he asks..I was so proud of him, that's my son hahahahaha
Hun, may I correct you? there is NO again men don't EVER get their brains into gear before opening their cakeholes it's an impossibility I assure you :giggle:
I love anti cellulite cream, it's a fabulous woodwork cleaner :8855: (that's serious)
Oh no, sue the post office for the price of your free card :8855:
Hope you're having a super fabby day otherwise hun xxxxxx

:8855::8855::8855:Men. Don't you just love them :rolleyes:

Right Mrs Crumble, I know everybodies being nice but being newly promoted without anyone to boss about I thought I'd come here and boss you :D

You WILL lose that shiney if you carry on as you are. I think you need to decide what day you are coming back to join us on this bumpy wagon. I know I sound mean but after everything you've gone through lately imagine how much worse you're going to feel if you do end up losing the shiney.

You can do this and I know things have been horrid but I am not willing to stand by and let my friend give up. That hard faced cow has already made you miss your sons wedding but she sure as hell isn't gonna scupper your weight loss anymore.

I hope I haven't annoyed or upset you. I just felt that it needed to be said :)

Proud of you Mrs Crumble.. We'll see you early tomorrow with your meal plan then :D 100% day :D

Oh bouncing game with babies.... I am now singing them.... my Dad used to always sing to my kids

'Gee Up Neddy to the fair, what shall we do when we get there'

the childminder always did 'I went to the animal fair, the bears and beasts were there, the big baboon by the light of the moon was combing his auburn hair, the monkey fell out of the bunk and slid down the elephants trunk, the monkey sneezed and fell on his knees and what became of the monkey monkey monkey' :8855:

I'll go away now :D xxxxx

Proud of you Mrs Crumble.. We'll see you early tomorrow with your meal plan then :D 100% day :D

Oh bouncing game with babies.... I am now singing them.... my Dad used to always sing to my kids

the childminder always did 'I went to the animal fair, the bears and beasts were there, the big baboon by the light of the moon was combing his auburn hair, the monkey fell out of the bunk and slid down the elephants trunk, the monkey sneezed and fell on his knees and what became of the monkey monkey monkey' :8855:

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:
Jackie have you been drinking

I didn't know you'd found out the sex. Or did I and forgotten. What names have they thought of or do I already know that too.

A lady at works friend has just called her daughter Coco. I wasn't sure I'd heard right and said did you say Coco as in clown and one of the lads said or pops :8855:

I was telling Emma about it tonight and she said Courtney Cox had called her daughter Coco.

:8855:Coco Cox :8855:

JackieN said:

Hahaha, my Gran used to do the animal fair one with us when we were kids! She also used to do one about lords and ladies on horses haha. I'd forgotten about them!

Well obviously I approve of Jamie as that's my sons name :)

I think that's really cute that you had an "our song" with your kids.

When you lived down the lane the house wasn't just there on the lane was it cos if it was don't tell Jackie cos she'll have something bad to say about it :8855:

But obviously she will come in very handy at teaching you lots of silly songs so that you can be a perfect grandma as well as perfect parent :D

I think we should make it a daily activity to teach you a new song :8855:

I shall always regret being honest in my diary :8855:

Mrs Crumble I gave an example of something really stupid I said, in my confession in my diary, I shall never be allowed to forget I was honest :rolleyes: :8855:

We will just have to form a perfect granny club for you and they can all teach you to be perfect but it will come naturally sweetheart as you are already in the perfect parent club so being a perfect granny will be easy peasy.

I shall have to check what books i have upstairs as I kept a handful of younger ones :D

IF you lose your shiney it will be back the following week, but monday is a few days off so I am sure you won't :D xxxxxx

If you haven't already read about Jackies diary then you really need to and whilst you're there also read the one that Lily posted - tact and diplomacy spring to mind :rolleyes:

Jackie you haven't put a song on for today :cry:

two little dickie birds sitting on the wall
one named peter one named paul
fly away peter fly away paul
come back peter come back paul! :8855:

My Nanna used to say/sing this to me. She had a tiny bit on tissue on two fingers, and would 'magically' make the tissue disappear when she said 'fly away peter fly away paul' and it would magically reappear in the last line. OMG I thought she was magic, I really did I spent hours trying to work it out and never did until I was a mum myself and did this this for my three :D

You can't forget

Insy winsy spider....
Climbing up the spout
Down came the rain
And washed the spider out
Up came the sunshine
and dried up all the rain
Insy winsy spider
Climbs up the spout again

but you gotta do the actions
1st finger and thumb touching of each hand and twist to touch the other for climbing. fingers wiggle down for the rain and rise up for sunshine

And

Round and round the garden
Like a teddy bear
1 step, 2 step
Tickley under there
You know the movements for this don't you?
This is great for babies as it tickle can get a great baby chuckle :D :8855:

Stop me now.... I was a childminder for 4 years you can have enough of little kids your know :eek: especially other peoples kids

My two used to love sing a song of sixpence, particularly when I pecked off their noses ....

Sing a song of sixpence a pocket full of rye,
Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie.
When the pie was opened the birds began to sing,
Oh wasn't that a dainty dish to set before the king?
The king was in his counting house counting out his money,
The queen was in the parlour eating bread and honey
The maid was in the garden hanging out the clothes,
When down came a blackbird and pecked off her nose!

Back