Unfinished diary

see Mrs Crumble us perfect parents should write a book :D we are just so good. she used to wet her finger so the little bit of white paper stuck to it and I think she swapped fingers and being little we had no idea as assumed peter and paul disappeared :8855: so ie have a bit of paper on second finger of each hand one for peter one for paul put hands behind your back and they fly away and you show the child a different finger. its so quick they don't notice. I was always so so fascinated by this little song and loved it, hence still remembering my lovely Nanna for it.

Also my Nanna always let us sit on the floor and play with her saucepans, wooden spoons, mixing bowls, omg we loved going there :D its the silliest little things that kids love and you are so going to be the perfect grandma

Oh and my lovely Dad :cry: always used to hold us under the arms and lift us above his head and say 'flying high in the sky come back to earth with a bump on your bottom' in a silly voice and bump us down on his lap,,, apparently we giggled and giggled and I remember all 3 of mine giggling as my Dad did this to them :D:D:D as I say its the silliest things but I still remember them so they must have been good :D

well done on your 100% :wee: you are back with us and will keep that lovely shiney :D

see Mrs Crumble us perfect parents should write a book :D we are just so good. she used to wet her finger so the little bit of white paper stuck to it and I think she swapped fingers and being little we had no idea as assumed peter and paul disappeared :8855: so ie have a bit of paper on second finger of each hand one for peter one for paul put hands behind your back and they fly away and you show the child a different finger. its so quick they don't notice. I was always so so fascinated by this little song and loved it, hence still remembering my lovely Nanna for it.

Also my Nanna always let us sit on the floor and play with her saucepans, wooden spoons, mixing bowls, omg we loved going there :D its the silliest little things that kids love and you are so going to be the perfect grandma

Oh and my lovely Dad :cry: always used to hold us under the arms and lift us above his head and say 'flying high in the sky come back to earth with a bump on your bottom' in a silly voice and bump us down on his lap,,, apparently we giggled and giggled and I remember all 3 of mine giggling as my Dad did this to them :D:D:D as I say its the silliest things but I still remember them so they must have been good :D

well done on your 100% :wee: you are back with us and will keep that lovely shiney :D

I'm actually singing the songs as I'm reading them :8855:

Kids are just happy to have your undivided attention and it does my head in when I'm on the bus and mums are on mobiles whilst the little ones in the pushchairs are being ignored. When mine were little we used to chat away about what was outside the window, or count how many red cars we could see, or play I spy. These silly women busy chatting away on their phones don't realise what they are missing.

I'm actually singing the songs as I'm reading them :8855:

Kids are just happy to have your undivided attention and it does my head in when I'm on the bus and mums are on mobiles whilst the little ones in the pushchairs are being ignored. When mine were little we used to chat away about what was outside the window, or count how many red cars we could see, or play I spy. These silly women busy chatting away on their phones don't realise what they are missing.

I detest that!

Not your singing:8855::8855:

Hello lovely Crumble,

Just popping in to say Hi :wavey: I've been away for a while so not been checking anyone's diaries but had a quick read through yours and just wanted to send a big hug :bighug:

For what it's worth I think the fact that you're so worried about being the perfect grandma is testament enough to the fact that you already are one already! Children don't care about silly songs or the likes, they just need lots of love and lots of cuddles, which i'm sure you'll have in abundance, so be kind to yourself and the rest will fall into place :)

xxx

Hi Crumble, hope you're having a wonderful day.
Ditto what everyone has said, why would you doubt you'll be a fantastic Nanna, your a fantastic Mum and so it follows that you'll just carry on from there.
You're a wonderful, Wife, Mum and Friend so it follows that the next piece of the pattern will fall into place. Well done on getting back on track, knew you'd get there :winner:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can't forget

Insy winsy spider....
Climbing up the spout

And

Round and round the garden
Like a teddy bear
1 step, 2 step
Tickley under there

This is great for babies as it tickle can get a great baby chuckle :D :8855:

You forget till someone reminds you. Love both of those and remember the actions. :D

My two used to love sing a song of sixpence, particularly when I pecked off their noses ....

Mum used to do that for me. Another for the file. ;)

see Mrs Crumble us perfect parents should write a book :D we are just so good. she used to wet her finger so the little bit of white paper stuck to it and I think she swapped fingers and being little we had no idea as assumed peter and paul disappeared :8855:

Weren't grans inventive. None of this battery operated, overly noisy stuff for us. Mums, nans and dads that played with us.

My mum did this thing where she'd sing to us and bounce us on her knees. Then at the end of the song she'd let us slip between her knees and get 'saved' in the huge hammock her skirt made.
Sounded nothing but it had us shrieking with joy waiting for her to unexpectedly let us slip.
My kids loved it too. Well there was the first time when I was wearing jeans. That didn't work so well. :eek:

When mine were little we used to chat away about what was outside the window, or count how many red cars we could see, or play I spy.

Same. Kept the kids occupied by saying, ' who'll be the first to see a blue car?' or count how many red, blue and yellow cars you can see before we get there.'

I enjoyed that one myself. I was good at it. :p

Hello lovely Crumble,

Just popping in to say Hi :wavey: I've been away for a while so not been checking anyone's diaries but had a quick read through yours and just wanted to send a big hug :bighug:

For what it's worth I think the fact that you're so worried about being the perfect grandma is testament enough to the fact that you already are one already! Children don't care about silly songs or the likes, they just need lots of love and lots of cuddles, which i'm sure you'll have in abundance, so be kind to yourself and the rest will fall into place :)

xxx

Tooty! So lovely to see you. :D
And thank you for the lovely comments. :)

, Well done on getting back on track, knew you'd get there :winner:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Lily. :hug99:

Trouble is I've derailed again. The more I try and get on track the more I don't manage. :rolleyes:

Nevermind. Shall get there in the end.

Sweetheart, getting back on plan is always hard :bighug: take it from one who knows so well. Take it a day at a time okay? Even half a day at a time. half a day does less damage than a full one :D you can do this sweetie and your mates aren't going to let you lose your shiny :bighug: xxxxx

Good luck for wi tomorrow hun, however it goes xxxx

It is sooooo hard to get back on it, I know better than anyone but could you maybe look at this weeks sts as a lucky bonus, and try and get right back on it now so that you'll have a loss for next week?

Huge hugs, just take it at your own pace. Oh, and great bargains on the F & V. I love a good bargain, I do!!

Well done on STS xxx

I love knitting, i have just knitted a aaron jumper for my 18mth old grandson DIL loves hand knitted things, when your knitting you forget to eat which is a good thing. Keep the knitting up crumble. xx

Back