unofficial recipes with food packs

well i made a chocolate muffin last nite with this recipe and it tasted slightly burnt, but i think my microwave was on too high a setting. still enjoyed it tho! its definetly a psychological thing, cos i got really excited thinking 'ohh im gonna have a muffin!!' whereas im usually like 'oh great, another goddamn shake'.

I haven't tried any of these yet, long way to go and thought I would wait until I was really getting desperate for something other than the packs but managing fine at the moment. I keep craving the crisps, always was my downfall but I am worried that I will slip if I try these and want real ones!! Anyone else had that worry or is it just my slightly warped mind!!! lol
xx

Hi, I dont think I saw the recipe for Ferrero Rochers on here. This recipe is ideal if you are at home all day or you could change the quantities if not. I crumble a nut bar into a bowl and mix up 3 choc foodpacks into a mousse. I mix the them up together and using a teaspoon spoon small dollops onto a baking tray/tin foil greeceproof paper and freeze. Loverly jubberly. Number you get will depend on size of dollop and the consistency of your mousse.

Ellie

BERRYLICIOUS CHOCOLATE MUFFIN

I just made this and it's pretty good...

Mixed two thirds of a chocolate pack and made a muffin.

Added some Fruits of the Forest flavour to the remaining mix and made "icing".

Let the muffin cool slightly and spread icing on top.

It was pretty good so I thought I would share!

I made a caramel muffin today and had it with banana mousse/topping - tasted like a banoffee pie!

mmm, caramel muffin, I haven't had a caramel since week one, tried a shake and didn't like it, might have another go as I like the choc ones now.
And thank you Deb for re-introducing me to muffins, I had stopped having them until I saw your post the other day, I wasn't putting in enough water and now they are much lighter, they were a bit rubbery before.

Oh...., all those recipes sound sooooo good!!

Does anybody know if you can make muffins/pommpodoms with Lipotrim shakes??

You can Yuna:)

Lipotrim use to frown on doing anything different with their packs, not sure how they feel about it now:confused:

You could always drop them an email.

Love Mini xxx

Hot Chocomint
Make up some strong peppermint tea. Mix a chocolate pack with hot water and a couple of sweeteners (depending on your taste) add the tea. Microwave for approx. 20secs and stir (better if you whisk with an aero latté)

So can we have peppermint mint tea then? I thought we weren't allowed any herbal teas. (Will be so happy if I can!) if so is it only certain brands?

So can we have peppermint mint tea then? I thought we weren't allowed any herbal teas. (Will be so happy if I can!) if so is it only certain brands?

You can have ANY tea, as long as it is not made with fruit or flowers.

Any brand peppermint is fine. :)

just made my mint hot choc. Was pretty nice, could taste the herbal-y taste of the tea a bit too much but was lovely and warm and comforting

Could anyone quickly advise me on crisp/popadum making? I have tried twice and both times it turned out to be disaster (leaving me without tea and putting me of thai chili).
My 'creations' certainly were not crispy, couldn't even get them off the plate properly :S
I guess it might be hard to find any pictures of LL crisps ( I failed), but could someone at least describe how they should look, and how much water should be added? (I managed to make it a smooth paste that was slightly dropping off the spoon, before trying to form 'crisps', after microvaving was done it was 'glued' to the plate and refused to come off >.<)
And I do feel like having something, .. well.. crispy :(

I cook mine on grease prrof paper and they peel right off - I also make the mixture slightly wet, as you described - I drop about half-to a teastpoon full on the paper and is shoulh spread slightly, to between the size of a 10p coin to a 50p coin, if that makes sense. If it holds its shape as you drop it off the spon it might need more water. I cook mine for about 2 minutes in total, watching very closely for the last minute making sure they don't get too brown. Then cool slightly, peel off of the paper and cool fully on a rack.

I found that not enough water leaves the insides chewy which is awful! But try the paper, not a plate. :)

Good luck!

thanks alot BL, i will try again soon :D

I just made a chocolate muffin (had only tried a banana one which was disgusting!) it was pretty nice, I warmed up a vanilla shake and poured it over like custard. It was quite pleasant. Up to now though I seem to enjoy just drinking my pack more than making anything with it. Gonna try the crisps next I think. What is the best flavour to do it with you think? Chicken?

Back