unofficial recipes with food packs

hi there, I'm an interloper from another VLCD forum, but still use assorted recipes when I get texture boredom. So, Hi :)

Just a wee one - When making the 'crisps', please use baking parchment, rather than greaseproof paper. They are different, and using the latter doesn't work!

I'd been happily using parchment for a while (not realising exactly what it was - the box disintegrated in the drawer years ago, I was just using the roll), and had the method down to a tee. Every time. I picked up a box of greaseproof over the weekend to replace it. Sadly, and for the first time ever, the majority of my lunchtime mushroom soup is now in the bin, welded to some useless paper.

Parchment is infused with silicon and is therefore intrinsically non-stick. I have since discovered that greaseproof paper is simply just waxed and is therefore impervious to the greased tin when baking, but you still need to grease your tins when using it for baking purposes. Sadly they're not the same thing.

So, if you're wondering why the crisps recipe doesn't work, you may need to consider a different backing paper. I thought I'd share my mistakes, so you don't have to...

Kind Regards :)

Also to add to the previous post - teflon sheets are fab for crisps. I have 2 that are cut into circles to fit my microwave, they are easily wipable and reusable, plus the teflon helps cook the crisps well.

Wicked. I've been looking out for some of those. :)

Epic fail from Betterware, must try Lakeland...

Am also pleased to announce that due to an emergency post-work trip to Tesco for a roll of their baking paper, my soup is now crispy again.

Oh my god I just made 2 giant crispy poppadom type thingies with my veg soup, is it allowed? They were delicious. Will eating my soup crispy rather than wet hinder weight loss? Did I mention they were delicious?

Just made thai chilli crisps...OH MY DAYS, why have I not made these before?! They are heavenly!
IMG00294-20100608-1619.jpg

Made them to have at work tomorrow but it's taking all my willpower not to eat them now!

Just made thai chilli crisps...OH MY DAYS, why have I not made these before?! They are heavenly!
IMG00294-20100608-1619.jpg

Made them to have at work tomorrow but it's taking all my willpower not to eat them now!

I was told that packs have to be eaten within 15 mins or so of preparation, maybe worth checking if leaving it until the next day will keep the nutrient intact?

I am just cautious on this.

only thing I have tried was a chocolate cookie. was good, tasted a tad salty though

I was told that packs have to be eaten within 15 mins or so of preparation, maybe worth checking if leaving it until the next day will keep the nutrient intact?

I am just cautious on this.

only thing I have tried was a chocolate cookie. was good, tasted a tad salty though

Ooh good point, thank you flexible fish! Have my first weigh in tomorrow so will ask my LLC, hopefully it's ok as it's so much easier than making the soup at my work and it's nice having something crunchy to eat:)

tried the thai chilli poppodom/crisp.

not sure i did it right but waqs nice top chew on summit different, but was more chewy than crispy

well I wouldnt say gorgeous.

But different is truly welcomed after doing this a while

Sorry if this has already been posted but the words are too short to search!

Ice Tea

Brew a stongish cup of black tea, add to a jug containing a small spoonful of St Clements flavouring and a couple of sweetners (to taste). Add lots of ice and top up with water to taste. Serve very chilled - Not too bad!

Ice Tea

Brew a stongish cup of black tea, add to a jug containing a small spoonful of St Clements flavouring and a couple of sweetners (to taste). Add lots of ice and top up with water to taste. Serve very chilled - Not too bad!

Being a yank, I love Ice Tea. Its our national beverage! :D

Ice Tea

I love peach Ice tea....shame you cant make one up for that...however will try this idea. top work CF

Hi guys, just a really quick question. What do you think about agar agar lipotrim shakes jelly? I was just thinking last night that agar agar jelly is basically 0 calories and as far as I know it only contains fiber and some salt (naturally, since it's from sea). & I just wondered whether anyone asked Lipotrim people whether making a jelly with a milkshake would be allowed?

I'm only 3 days into LT diet but I can imagine that after several weeks having milkshakes may prove difficult. I have actually felt quite physically sick after having my evening shake today, so am thinking that perhaps after a while I may want to experience with the texture of the shakes powder. And agar agar seems to be perfect for that.

Also, is heat or freezing not damaging the food packs??

Thanks for your advice.

Hi Neem,

You are actually posting on the Lighter Life forum, not the Lipotrim - so I don' know anything about LT and its rules, or products, etc.

But with LL packs, we were told if you cook them, it does change the nutrients - it lessens them - so we were told no more then one a day.

Freezing may not change them, I am not sure, but it means you cannot consume within 15 minutes - which is when the nutrients start to break down...so again, maybe no more then one pack a day.

Hope that helps some.

Good luck.

:)

you know since i tried the chilli poppodoms I can no longer drink the soup. dunno why but thai chilli doesnt taste as good as it did.

loving the choc sauce atm

Please, please, please does anyone have any recipes for LL porridge? I have loads and I'm SO bored of it (bought loads when I was loving it!). Keep looking at it and thinking 'nah - I'll have a shake'!!!

Back