Unsupportive friends....: (

yeah your completely right! im sooo glad i joined this forum! x x

bleeming heck friends like that who needs enemies???you just carry on as you are your not doing it for them your doing it for yourself so you go girl and dont let them put you off xx

i have just got in to a size 12 trousers and someone at work said that i had done really well but do not want to be losing any more, doh, 2 more stone to lose and that is only bringing me down to 10 stone. i am only 5 2 and that would still make my bmi over 25.

I've been friends with a girl for about 10 years and ive always been known as the 'big one' out of us, shes about a size 12-14 im 18-20 and she hates the fact that im loosing weight to the point that she just ignores me if I mention a good weigh in or a yummy recipe that ive tried, Ive decided that I dont need that bad energy around me and dont see her so often anymore instead I try to spend time with people who encourage me to keep to my plan and get excited about getting to target.

Ive come to the conclusion that she had been so used to always getting more attention than me and me always being around for her that she didn't like the thought of me changing and acheiving something for myself and her not being the centre of attention.

Just be strong for yourself, were all here to encourage you, people dont realise how much words or comments can dishearten you, keep going and show em all wot you really can do!

xxx

I agree with everyone else's replies, it is jealousy. When i previously started sw and was in my office job some of the other girls used to bring cakes and stuff in and chips and stuff and when i refused they would all say that i was so obsessed with my diet that i didn't think of anything else other than it and that one little thing won't damage my weight loss. It made me feel terrible. However funnily enough the men in my work kept telling me i was looking great and stick at it. I think that may have had something to do with it ha ha. However those are the friends i have not stayed in contact with.

You go girl and get to your target it is totally achievable. The best form of revenge is success.

i think a lot of girls like having a'fat friend' as this makes them look and feel thinner. if you get slim then they wont feel as good about themselves when you stand next to them. it is a totally selfish point of view and i think that only true friends would support you and encourage you to get to whatever weight you will feel happy at.

woman are very cruel to each other.....the old green eye..... take no notice.......but i never mention i'm on sw.....cos i don't want to become a diet bore..........so when they say u lost weight i say a bit and leave it at that..........

This is the precise reason why I've not told anyone I'm on a diet! Only hubby and my parents know. I've done so many diets before and have either failed or had only a small amount of success with them and I feel like my family and friends all expect me to be large as they've only ever known me that way.
I do think there is a large element of jealousy but don't be too harsh on your friends, a lot of this type of jealousy is an unwilling reaction bound up in their own personal issues - not bourne of a desire to see you fail but of their own insecurities.

I know 4 years back when my best friend was losing her weight that I felt a little annoyed by her weight loss. It was the lead up to my wedding and she was chief bridesmaid and doing really really well on WW. We had the dresses sorted out and she was meant to be in a purple dress the same as the other bridesmaids and the wedding had a dark purple theme to it. Anyway a few weeks before the wedding she had lost so much weight that the dress looked stupid, we didn't have the time to get it all altered so had to buy the same dress again in a new size but they didn't have any left - only in a different colour! As any bride will tell you this doesn't sound like a problem but a couple of weeks before your wedding it is lol. Anyway I know and still feel terrible that I made a horrible comment about how if she hadn't wanted to lose weight I would have had her in the dress I wanted her in. It wasn't that I wanted to her fail in her diet or that I was really annoyed with her but it just came out of me from frustration and also my own annoyance that she was now in a smaller sized dress than me - she was motivated enough to lose weight to look great as a bridesmaid whereas I was the blimmin bride and had failed to lose much weight to look amazing on my special day.

As for your goal, I'm 5'2.5'' and started at 14st 10.5lbs and my target is 9st 7lbs. I do worry that my large frame will prevent me from getting to target but I will see how things feel when I'm approaching it. I do have big bones as my dad used to be a rugby player and has a short height like me but is broad and, well, you can imagine what a rugby player is built like. I've got big thunder thighs and am surprisingly strong lol. I would say not to worry about the long term goal and simply enjoy the benefits of every pound lost!

Emerald
X

Back