Up all night with baby

sal210707

This dieting malarky is hard anyway but when you are really tired it's even harder!! I have a 2 year old and 12 week old baby. Only been on this diet a week and I have stuck to it(with protein supper) but in the afternoon when I am exhausted I really crave carbs, sugar and anything that will keep me going! It is 0530 now... I have lost count how many times I have gotten up... I am out in gemany due to husband in thr forces... He has been away on and off for the last 3 months and deploys shortly to afghan for 6 months..The only thing that is keeping me going is that I am going back to uk in a month and want to have lost baby weight(2 stone). Feeling very sad this morning... I'm sorry to winge... BUT Nice to let it out to complete strangers! Infact... Now that I have let that out I am even more determine to stick with it... Sorry... A big wafferly moan!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bless you, having 2 young children is hard enough, especially on the sleep front. But also to be in Germany with your hubby in the Army, my sister has done it many times over the 17 years with her hubby gone for 6 months of the year, so that is so so hard. And now Exante, a hard, mentally hard diet to into, and when we are feeling low all we want is comfort, which is usually food! But well done on staying focused, on what you want to achieve. Dont worry about letting off steam, we are all friends here and here to support each other. I hope you can manage to get a little snooze today x

sal210707 said:
This dieting malarky is hard anyway but when you are really tired it's even harder!! I have a 2 year old and 12 week old baby. Only been on this diet a week and I have stuck to it(with protein supper) but in the afternoon when I am exhausted I really crave carbs, sugar and anything that will keep me going! It is 0530 now... I have lost count how many times I have gotten up... I am out in gemany due to husband in thr forces... He has been away on and off for the last 3 months and deploys shortly to afghan for 6 months..The only thing that is keeping me going is that I am going back to uk in a month and want to have lost baby weight(2 stone). Feeling very sad this morning... I'm sorry to winge... BUT Nice to let it out to complete strangers! Infact... Now that I have let that out I am even more determine to stick with it... Sorry... A big wafferly moan!

Well done. Its really tough, diet, children and sleep deprivation. Not to mention army life, I admire your determination and resolve.
Well done! Sleep when they do, it will pass and you will emerge slimmer and fitter.

GSQ

I feel your pain! My twins just turned 3 and they didn't both start sleeping through the night till a few months and the constant waking up had me so tired all I wanted to do was eat sugar during the day- and I did! Hence the need to lose the weight now. Hang in there and post on here or log in to read stuff and you will find strength. At present it's what's helping me.

please dont put so much pressure on yourself, its still so soon after having your baby and i know what its like to have two babies at that age!! you will loose the weight, are you breast feeding? I hope you feel better with the light of the day lol.xx

I know about kids (19 mnt old and 8 yo autistic) and lack of sleep, especially when there's no one else to take over from you. You are so strong for doing this diet, I salute you girl! Well done and don't be so hard on yourself. Hugs x x

Thank you for all your kind messages! I have just done my first weigh in and have lost 5lbs, so just over stone and a half to go! It took me 15 months to lose my baby weight last time and it got me really down... Hence doing this, it has to go quick! Good luck everyone.. I'm going to try splitting my evening shake tonight as I have my last one normally at 5 and then protein supper later. Going to try just shakes xx

Back