UP day confusion

conlou1 said:
Do you have to track cals on UP days? Or is it ok
As long as you dont go over on DDs?

I only track my DDs and i make sure im under 500 csls on my UDs I eat freely - whatever I fancy :-D

I'm the same as Yoga, just count on DD's x

yee haw grandma :D. Its my first UP day today and I did find myself tracking my cals just to make sure I don't end up with 4000 or something cos I have not seen real food for 4 months so you know i thought I might be eating the fridge out LOL>

I track my up cals because I make bad food choices and eat big portions, I find tracking my foods helps to teach me how many cals are in foods. Your up day cals should be around 2000, if you go to the dr Johnson website there is a calculator on there which will give you more definative dd and ud allowances.

16 lost : 51 to goal

conlou1 said:
Thanks. I'll not track them a d see if I lose weight, if not I'll start tracking them. Thanks for advice

That's exactly what I'm going to do - eat freely on UDs until my weight loss slows (if it does??!) and then be a bit stricter until goal if I need to... Hopefully I won't need to :) x

conlou1 said:
I've done cc of 1200 a day but was finding I'd be having 2 days of over 2000 on a weekend and although I lost a stone I seem to be hovering and can't face not having any lee way so
If this gets things moving again lll be over the
Moon

I think JUDDDD really gives your metabolism a boost so should work ;-) x

I never usually limit myself on UP days but as its the School Hols I am far less active so Last week I kept my weekday UPs to 1800-2000 but I have never and hope never to, limit my weekends. At the beginning I think its best to concentrate on your DD s and let the UP s look after themselves, then when you have a good pattern going and are coping with the DD s, take a look at your losses and decide whether you need to rein in your UP s a bit or not. But it is important to eat your cals and not 'cut back' on UP s.

bajoleth said:
I never usually limit myself on UP days but as its the School Hols I am far less active so Last week I kept my weekday UPs to 1800-2000 but I have never and hope never to, limit my weekends. At the beginning I think its best to concentrate on your DD s and let the UP s look after themselves, then when you have a good pattern going and are coping with the DD s, take a look at your losses and decide whether you need to rein in your UP s a bit or not. But it is important to eat your cals and not 'cut back' on UP s.

Well said :)

Back