update

Jot

jo'stime
Hi All,

havent been around that much this week its been busy at work, busy at home but its saturday morning and I am chillin today, well thats the plan anyway!

The good news is i have lost another 2lb's this week so that 10lb in total over 3 weeks.

This is the best i have ever done and i know its because my blood sugar levels are more stable reducing the constant cravings i was getting. Even though i have to admit i have probably been having around 40g's of carbs per day but in fruit and veg only, not had any processesed foods or high gycemic carbs. and the odd gin & tonic, wow this has turned into a conefession session.:D
but the bottom line is i am losing weignt and not feeling tortured.

How are you all getting on this week,:character00148:

Jo. x

way to go jot :)
It seems like what you are doing is working so keep up the good work.

I'm getting on well with my diet I'm losing around 3 - 4 lbs a week :) so I can't complain. Now next friday TOM is due so I knoe I may pick up a few pounds around thursday or friday

Jot, you are doing so well, I envy you. Whatever you are eating - or drinking must be right for you. Congratulations.

I've only lost 6lbs in a little over 5 weeks, I started 2nd June. However I am older & much less active than I used to be. I get vexed at how slowly I lose but at least I am losing.

Jot, you are doing so well, I envy you. Whatever you are eating - or drinking must be right for you. Congratulations.

I've only lost 6lbs in a little over 5 weeks, I started 2nd June. However I am older & much less active than I used to be. I get vexed at how slowly I lose but at least I am losing.

Thanks guys for your support,

Wrinkly, I know what you mean when it is slow it does seem to chip away at your motivation, but remember you may not be where you want to be but, you are not where you used to be either, so keep going hon. x

wrinkly as long as you losing that's always a good thing. :)

Thank you Jot, I am 76 and will keep at it for my own health & self esteem. I think really all of us are here for the same reason. Someone said 'nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.':)

Morenachica, Sorry I missed your post, I'm a slow one finger typist, thank you too.

Last edited:
Thank you Jot, I am 76 and will keep at it for my own health & self esteem. I think really all of us are here for the same reason. Someone said 'nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.':)

Wow wrinkly that a true saying, because i am about 4 stone overweight i eat to suppress my unhappy feeling about be fat, mad isnt it? i dont think eating makes me happy if i am honest it just gives me a numbing sensation, but like you i to am trying to improve my health & self esteem, and its good to speak to others on here like yourself to offer encourage and support.

Jot, I too am a comfort eater - which becomes a viscous circle. I must admit that on this diet I haven't been tempted.

I agree, this is a lovely forum, we can use it as a bolt hole if we are temped... :D

wrink just keep up the good work. you are doing well.. you put us younger folks to shame :)

I don't work out like I should and I always use work as an excuse. But I do try and go hiking or mountain climbling once a week and do aerobics once a week. I need to get up to working out 4 days a week out of 7. I'm going to start walking in the evenings for at least 30 mins..

Hi guys, this week has been a slow one for me too. I have not moved from 13 stone. Every time I had stood on the scales, 13 stone exactly! I'm desperate to lose a bit more so I can be in the 12s! It's that psychological thing I think. I started at 14 stone and being in the 12s would be amazing.
I think what is stalling me is my lack of eating. I have had a really busy week at work, lots of overtime and lots of skipped meals. I need to organise myself better next set of shifts and take stuff to work that I can eat on the move, so if I get sent out to a job I don't have to wait until I get back to eat.

Morenachica, Mountain climbing!! How's that for strenuous exercise! I once walked up the very easy bit of Ben Nevis. ;) I used think I did OK going up & down the three flights of stairs at work, must admit I was fitter then..

Saddlebag, I understand your idea about the next stone being a psychological barrier, I was the same with the 12 to llst, I was teetering on the edge for three weeks. I hope you can get your meals sorted out, if you're doing shift work, it may confuse your body clock.

wrink it is a work out, but I do enjoy it..

hang in the saddle it will move have you taken your measurements? Maybe you've lost inches..

wrink it is a work out, but I do enjoy it..

hang in the saddle it will move have you taken your measurements? Maybe you've lost inches..

Oh Lordy, a work out!! Well they say ignorance is bliss!!:D

'nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.':)

Nice one!

Well done Jo,

wrinkly why do you say "Only" a loss is a loss whichever way you look at it.

You're quite right Jim, it is in the right direction.

I agree! to me any loss is a loss and also with inches. so make sure you measure yourself..

Yes, that too.

Back