Urgent help needed! Energy for exercise...

Phoenyx

Step away from the cake..
Please advise! I run with a running group on Thursdays and Fridays. I haven't been for a couple of weeks (since starting low carbing), but I went today and felt drained the whole way through the run. Normally I'm in the medium speed group, but I was the last one in the bottom group today - nightmare! I've got to go out with them again tomorrow at 4.15pm, and I don't want to feel like this. I don't feel I'm lacking at all in energy during the day, but I don't generally do anything that raises my heart rate much.

So, any ideas on what I should eat before running to give me energy? Do I just eat more protein / fat cals? Or should I have something slightly higher in carbs like nuts? How long before I go out should I eat?

Please help :)

Carbs. Sorry, but I think the only answer is carbs. I also felt drained and weak for a few weeks when I started low carbing, and was under par for maybe a month. It wore off. In a month I'm sure you'll be fine, but in the early stages I'm pretty sure the only answers are to either not exercise, or eat more carbs. Or battle through the weakness, but I don't think that's the best idea.

It defi itely wears off - i have far more energy now than i ever did before and do loads dancing (pretty high intensity too:) )

I usually have protein and fat - eg low carb tortilla wrap with salami and cheese - actually often a pepperami and couple of cheeses. Im defintiely not one to exercise while fasted! There's a big debate about carb loading before exercise - take a look at marksdailyapple and there is a previous blog entry about how to do
Xxx

Back