Useful link for eating & exercise balance

I will succeed!!!
As some of you will know, before my weight gain I was on the skinny side. It wasn’t a food issue, I was just naturally slim & from a young age did a lot of working out – to the point that at uni I was possibly obsessive (up to 3 hours a day, 6 days a week). During my teens & up until 21 I didn’t have regular *cough* ladies business & ended up taking medication which was what started the weight gain. Comfort eating because of weight & lack of motivation added to this & voila, here I am. I gained in the region of 3 stone & pretty much stopped exercising at one point, & it’s been fit-and-starty since.

One of my new year’s resolutions is to get into a steady routine to ensure I do regular exercise, in moderation, that’s maintainable. My losses have never been massively high but steady, & now I am at the final push I know I need some addition help. I am planning to do at least 30 minutes of cardio (45mins ideally) 4-5 times a week. This will mostly be done at home using workout DVDs (cancelling gym to help save money for wedding).

I was trying to plan my evenings to suit eating & working out. I wanted to make sure I ate at the right time to ensure optimising the benefits of exercise & also that I didn’t get into bad habits of being too OTT again. It pains me that since 16 my weight has always been an issue – too skinny, then overweight. I found this really good information online and thought it would be good to share…

http://health.msn.com/fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100146039&page=1

xxx

P.S Sorry it's long - I was going to cut it down but thought it might be useful to show that weight issues can come from many sources & are always hard to turn around in one way or another...and the risks of being too far in either extreme

Very useful to read Hun..thank you!

xxx

Great Article. Thanks for letting us know about it. It's good as I always wonder how to eat before and after gym etc... Plus I used to be one of those yo-yo eaters where I would go without breakfast or eat so little and I wouldn't be hungry for days etc...and then binge. I even used to try to get to that mode because it made me feel that I was working to lose weight. It was only in that strictness that I could control my food....but then obviously I would binge....hence the weight gain.

Never again though.....no need on SW, it's great..It's eat more to lose weight. A healthy balanced Lifestyle.

xx :)

That's a really useful article. I shall always bear that in mind and try to get a snack in soon after a workout. Normally I've eaten a short while before I exercise.

It always annoys me when some people who are 'on a diet' say they don't have breakfast and are pleased with themselves because they think they are being good. They just aren't doing themselves any favours.

Back