Useful thoughts or mantras or phrases to help you stick to it 100%.

spf 40

Useful thoughts or mantras or phrases to help you stick to it 100%.

When im at my lowest Exante TS ebb and im on the verge of purchasing something naughty to sabotage all my good work so far, I try to dig out a phrase or thought of why im doing this extreme diet. Sometimes I find it helps, however I've only got a limited amount of them!

What im looking to do is put a few good ones in a notebook I carry around in my handbag with me, and then when im out and about in town (or wherever) and temptation rears its ugly head or I just don't feel I can carry on, I can look at to remind me why Im doing it.

Now as I said, I've only got a few so I was wondering if your lovely people have any that you use or tell yourself that you find handy.

Some I use are:

• Im doing this diet out of my choice because I want to. Im not being made to do it.
  • I have over eaten and enjoyed food all my life, when this diet is finished I will eat again for many years to come so whats a measly 6 months (optimistic;)) out of my life?
  • Imagine, in 20 years time I look back on my life and I've done the diet and become the slim person that I want to be and being that slim person has enabled me and given the confidence to do lots of brilliant things in those 20 years. Now, imagine in 20 years I look back at my life and I haven't done the diet and im still the same size as I am now (or bigger) and all the opportunities I missed out on and all the regrets I would have had.
  • Im lucky I can afford to and have discovered a diet that yields such quick results that I should be greatful I've found it and use it accordingly.
  • The comfort a cheese burger brings me is good but it wont equal the joy I feel when I can dress in trendy clothes for my age (29) instead of wearing tasteful tunics (cough..tents) for the older woman.

I love your reasons/mantras! I think they ring true for a lot of us :)

The only things I really drill into my head are "It's only 5 months. 5 months, 5 stones. Then I go on to eating healthy, fresh food & being happy/comfortable with my body." And, "At the end of this I won't just be slim, but I'll be healthier too!"

I also look at a lot of really healthy recipes & write down my favorites for when I reach my goal. I have it all planned out and it helps motivate me because it's something I really look forward to, and I love cooking. I can't wait to be at goal & envisioning myself there really helps when I'm having a bad day. :)

I love the - nothing tastes as good as slim feels !

also if i ever have a naughty day I always say - you have not failed till
you fail to pick yourself up and jump back on the wagon

and if I ever really crave something I tell myself I can have it in an hour , then when that hours up , I say another hour .. then I dont end up having it as the craving passes :)

Some great ideas, thank you! Mine are similar (although still don't seem to work half the time!) and are along the lines of 'Mini goal is til the end of the summer, only a few weeks', or 'Imagine what people will say when I go back to work in Sept and I'll be a stone lighter', or 'Soon I will have more energy and be slim enough to enjoy running around with the children'. All good incentives to stick to the diet and see the scales moving down and my clothing getting looser! xx

loving it girls!

Millux, the envisaging yourself when slim is defiantley a good one, I always see myself in a Topshop outfit in my slim day dream. I know a nice pair of Topshop skinny jeans beats a Gregs sausage roll anyday. Yes , I think I believe that. :drool:

Also determinator, your 'you have not failed till
you fail to pick yourself up and jump back on the wagon ' is probably going to go in my little book as lets face it, with the amount I got to loose, I would be a saint and probably not a real human being if I don't have slip up on this mammoth journey.

Myself also Purplecatkin am excited about other peoples reactions, especially my means mothers reaction (but thats a whole different story!).

Buying clothes I want to rather than the ones that fit or don't look ridiculous!!!!!!

I agree with the granny clothes comment... the more I go into evans etc, the more I see the granny-ness of their clothes!!!
I find this quite hard to be honest , all of my life i have had to buy clothes that were big enough , and covered the huge amount of sins ... now I have no idea what I like and what my 'style ' is , its not terrible but taking me a while to learn how to shop for something I like !!

Oh, and whilst not really a mantra I find myself checking my collarbones which are starting to show now. I don't know why but it always makes me feel better about dieting and trying to lose weight in general, perhaps because it's easier to see a difference there than everywhere else. Now if only they would start to show a little bit more.... xx

Another thing thats really on my mind now days is;

i've spent nearly all my 29 years existing, I need to start living whilst im still young and my window into youth is closing fast.

This spurs me on

I found some quotes online that help me;

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself.

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]"Anything is possible, It's your choice whether or not you choose to make IT happen."

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]You won't fail if you're not perfect, you'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day.

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW GOOD YOU ARE BUT HOW BAD YOU WANT IT!!

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Quitting is NOT an option.

I also focus on the nice clothes, feeling good about myself and not feeling so unfit - it really helps to get me through each day :D
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Oh, I am 30 and promised myself I wouldn't be fat and 30 - yet here I am, so now I need to sort myself out and be 31 and slim and healthy :D

Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right. Henry Ford 1863-1947

And now I think I can! GSQ

I am convinced its all in your head, I think this phrase is great because it gives me back the power - If you think you can't do anything then you can't, but if you begin to think you can - well you can.

Its absolutely true that NOTHING tastes as good as being slim feels. EVER.
GSQ

Oh, and whilst not really a mantra I find myself checking my collarbones which are starting to show now. I don't know why but it always makes me feel better about dieting and trying to lose weight in general, perhaps because it's easier to see a difference there than everywhere else. Now if only they would start to show a little bit more.... xx
I am always feeling my collarbones .. and when I lie in bed I like to feel my hib bones too !!!

I have a list of the reasons I am doing this, like to be fit and healthy, wear clothes I want, to feel sext, etc.

I also remind myself of the Choice I am making.

Back