Useful tips!

catxx

It's interesting about soup drawing excess fluids from the body, I always assumed it would cause bloating for some reason. Going to give soup a try this week now, thanks! :D

Recent research found that people lost twice as much body fat when they consumed half their daily calories at breakfast.

erm.. so I'm supposed to have 1000 calories at breakfast??? ( 700 ish for ladies. )..
that's a lot of calories..

erm.. so I'm supposed to have 1000 calories at breakfast??? ( 700 ish for ladies. )..
that's a lot of calories..

Presumably it's because it then gives you the rest of the day to burn the calories off, rather than 500 at breakfast, 600 at lunch and 900 in the evening, to pull some numbers from the air.

No expert though, so could be wrong!

There's an old saying "Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and supper like a pauper" to lose weight.

In winter I like to make cawl - a traditional Welsh broth usually using lamb but I've made it with chicken or even without meat at all! It's wonderful comfort food even without the chunks of cheese my mum always throws into the bottom of the bowl before serving it. :eek:

And while I'd love to empty the house of sweets/crisps etc I have a couple of teenagers who would mind very much!

It's interesting about soup drawing excess fluids from the body, I always assumed it would cause bloating for some reason. Going to give soup a try this week now, thanks! :D

On 10 things you need to know about losing weight they highly recommended having soup as it keeps you fuller for longer etc. So that week I made lots of fart soup lol!x

I read this too this morning. I do most of them anyway!!! Cant do the "clear out the cupboards" one as not fair on the rest of the family who arent trying to lose weight. Also I'm bad for weighing myself constantly

I thought it was a very sensible article....for a change

I'm in agreement with 19 out of 20!

Number 9 I would take to task as although it is well-intended, as we know, if on an SW Original day, the protein can be taken.

But, yes, for once a sensible and decent article.

There is a lot of good stuff in that article, but some odd things as well.

A soup will draw excess fluids from the body? That doesn't make sense to me. I would like to know what the science behind that is.

Not eating at all after 8 p.m. is impractical for many people, and there is no evidence to show that it makes much difference anyway.

Although I agree with the general principle of variety in the foods we eat, this bit:

"It’s likely your body hasn’t had to work hard to digest your food for some time, so the best thing you can do to kick-start it is to change things around and get it working a little harder."

makes no sense at all to me. I can't see any logical reason why your body would have to work less hard to digest something just because you have had it several times before.

Although I agree with the general principle of variety in the foods we eat, this bit:

"It’s likely your body hasn’t had to work hard to digest your food for some time, so the best thing you can do to kick-start it is to change things around and get it working a little harder."

makes no sense at all to me. I can't see any logical reason why your body would have to work less hard to digest something just because you have had it several times before.

[/QUOTE]

And yet if you hit a plateau and change all your Healthy extras round and alter your other meals it kickstarts your weightloss. Perhaps it's the same principle as changing your workout every 6 weeks.

Back