usernames

Im Ameythist coz I luv purple - its my birthstone and it is deliberate that I spelt it wrong!!

No, I'm not Russian ... I just feel that the 'real' me is the little dolly in the middle of one of those Russian stacking dolls and I'm surrounded by layers and layers of bigger dollies. Each stone I lose takes me closer to the cute one in the middle!

This is a little tenuous to say the least but.... I'm Georgie and the nursery rhyme goes Georgie Porgie, from that you take Porgie and then do a spin on Gorgeous... BINGO Porgeous - perfectly obvious aye!!

Georgie
xx

kurious_oranj is the title of a song by the marvellous Manchester band The Fall (who named themselves after an exestential novel...I think). Any way, that's my name explained. Plus I think it's appropriate to me on account of being ginger and a bit odd :)

Well, Sez is a bit dull and unimaginative compared to all of you. Its just that its what loads of family and very close pals have always called me!! (Well... I couldnt make my user name FatArse, now could I??)

xx

AOh my gosh he is two timing me! I thought I was his surreal wife forget Vanessa ( remember her when she did that taxi song?). Only joking
Julia

LISACDVIRGIN-- mines is rather boring and self explanatory! Lisa is my name and I was a Cambridge Diet virgin! Some of the reasons behind are fab lol

mine comes from a comment from on of my husbands friends when we were at school. His second name is Tatum and was called 'Spud' by some of his friends. We met when i was 15 - he was 16...... going down some steps in the school yard one of his friends said to the other 'that's spuds bit' hence the name.... been together for 25 years through thin-fat-huge- and now thinner again......

what a good thread..... well done you.

Ooooh, i'm so glad i decided to ask the username question!

Some of the reasons are hillarious, some are sweet, and some are V.sensible!

I kinda feel like i know you all just a little better now.

[email protected] is where it started, and still is (and if any of you have MSN (or S&M as we call it) feel free to add me. Most of my usernames are blue_grapefruit or varients...last.fm, ebay...

Keep the stories coming xxx;)

My names Pippa. Well its Philippa, but that's just far too formal. Very dull i'm afraid

Mine is from Octavia the Ostrich that was on Pipkins; and when my sister first managed to drag me kicking and screaming away from my Luddite haven and onto the internet I chose that for my Yahoo screenie. 8 years later I drive an Octavia and I think some folk think its for the car :)))

My surname is 'Beat'.....
I'm not actually a doctor though.

Oops, this is actually James (doctorbeat)
I didn't realise Pippa was still logged on on my PC :)

What an interesting and varied bunch of people we are. I think our names are great and the stories behind them are moving, clever and funny. I figured out Russian Doll, Lisa virgin but none of the others. I love reading this thread.

i love that "spudsbit" story :D

Mine's quite boring really, it's the first letter of my surname!

Mine is boring. I love chocolate and I love coffee, so together they are Mocha. Very unoriginal!

It's not the name I use on most internet forums etc but I wanted to be a bit more anonymous when I first started coming here in case anyone who knows me by my other online name posts here. Only because I was embarrassed by my weight. Silly me :)

I love some of the stories about user names! Really interesting thread :D

Mocha the mochaholic!

Back