Using rice as a stuffing for aubergines?

Discussion in 'SW Sizzling Summer Recipes' started by olliebog, 4 May 2010 Social URL.

1. olliebog

olliebog Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am just wondering if anyone has used rice mixed with courgettes, tomatoes, the insides of the aubergine? I am planning it for dinner, but unsure if it would work. I think I can make the rice mosit with the tomatoes but I am wondering if anyone has used anything other than mince or just vegetables?

Last edited: 4 May 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kissme

kissme Gold Member

I have stuffed a courgette with auberbine, tomato, rice mushrooms topped with cheese :)

4. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I usually use plain cous cous. I add a little stock or passata to the water before cooking the cous cous, you can add some finely chopped veg or bacon (I do EE). I love this stuffed in mushrooms, but would work in any stuffed veg.

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    There is a recipe in the SW One Pot Wonders cookery book which mixes rice with chopped tomatoes (fresh, not tinned), diced aubergine, chopped spring onions, garlic and chilli and chopped low-fat mozzarella stuffed into peppers and baked. It is really nice.

No reason why you couldn't change that around, chop the peppers and stuff into the aubergine.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.