Using the Healthy Extras

freyasmommy

Starting again!
this is my third day and really happy with everything so far, the last few days i used my HEa and HEb at breakfast (weetabix and milk) but today i decided not to have that, i have used my HEa at tea time, but i cant find anything to use my HEb on??

any ideas?? or will it make any difference if i missed it??

It shouldn't affect your weight loss. SW say you don't HAVE to use all of them, but rather that they ensure you get enough calcium and fibre. If you're getting enough of these through other foods, then you'll be fine.

Last edited:
I find using them means I eat less free food, and am less tempted by syns, so it's worth doing if you can. 2 slices of wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, or a couple of Alpen lights are my usual :)

Yes it's true it shouldn't make a difference if you miss the occasional one but I wouldn't recommend doing it regularly. They are there to ensure you have a healthy nutritionally balanced diet. Don't forget that there is a very long list of possible HEBs not just bread and cereal including soups and dried/stewed/tinned fruits. You could use a tbsp of EV olive oil to cook your evening meal and that would count as your HEB.

I find using them means I eat less free food, and am less tempted by syns, so it's worth doing if you can. 2 slices of wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, or a couple of Alpen lights are my usual :)

That's a really good way of doing it. I really think people who are struggling to use their HEs need to make a conscious effort to choose HEs before they choose free or synned foods.

I would have a couple of alpen lights to satisfy any sweet or chocolate cravings, saves the syns :)

I would use olive oil to cook your food with - 1 tbsp is a HEB! easy to add in each day.

Or have cereal bar - 2 x alpen lights, or 1 x Kelloggs High Fibre or 1 x HIFI bars!

x

Back