Utterly utterly depressed. Advice welcome.

So...I am mum of two, working madly madly long hours, single for two years and have never been heavier....nearing 15 stone and for the first time can really see no way of losing weight.

I have tried every diet (bar Lighterlife) and have a combination of a hugely stressful demanding job and no time and have now lost faith in any diet helping me...Slimming World = no portion control. commitment...Cambridge = too much starvation ...Rosemary Connolly = no local classes and really can't do online ...Weight Watchers = time consuming to count points and dislike ready meals........

I have never weighed so much or been so down about it....

I did lose baby weight with WW many many years ago but since then have never made it past week 1. I try and avoid ready meals and processed food but then again that hasn't been working so well has it! Any advice people as am so down about it.

Have you tried cal counting? I just eat 3 sensible meals a day. W.w does work but i just found always pointing things abit annoying. I was the same weight as you a few years ago and im down to 11.8 now, i did get smaller but im a greedy pig thats y im cal counting again!! I just used to have anything i wanted but smaller portions and the weight came off slowly but surley. Im a mum of 2 aswel and the hardest thing for me is not eating there leftovers and there sweets. I must admit im not a breakfast lover but i do try have a slice of toast around tenish. I have lunch and then my tea and thats it. Im a nite tym binge eater. When the kids r in bed and i have nothing to do thats when the munchies start so thats my bigest test. I Hope you find a diet thats right for you. Think positive and u will get there trust me ive been where u r and if i did it then anybody can.x

Pointing up is time consuming but it soon becomes worth it because it is so second nature.

There are great apps if you have a smart phone that you can just scan bar codes in the supermarket and the points will pop up immediately for you which is really handy

Weight watchers is great because you get 49 extra points a week to have, well, at the weekend! When its hardest to avoid temptation

with a small bit of planning and apps etc I reckon that WW would be brill for you. I do feel your pain because I was nearly 16 stone and thought there was no answer for me.

At the moment my schedule is through the roofand that scanning app (which is also a complete WW life planner!!!) really does the job for keeping me on track

its called value diary

I hope you feel better about things soon.

This is not the end of the road for you, I reckon its just the beginning

I haven't had one ready meal since I started WW - granted it's only been a week, but I am microwave meal queen!
I've been making wraps and salads the night before, stocking up on plenty of protein and have made a huge amount of 0PP soup to have during the day. I've never been hungry and as I've joined online, I have access to the calculator and tracker on my phone so I can track points as I go if I need to.

There is no easy fix. You'll either be spending time counting calories/points or struggling with portions when points/calories aren't an issue, or trying to find time to get to classes/exercise if that's the route you take.

I've also done SW and felt the same about portion control, I can eat and eat and eat. I've also done dukan, which I loved and worked brilliantly. But if you have a stressful job / or just aren't 'in the zone' so to speak, this may not be the right time to do something as restrictive as that.

I do hope you feel better and find a plan that's right for you. Good luck.

Thank you to everyone for your advice and help. I think only people who also have struggled with their weight can understand how depressing it is!

I have had a good think about what is best and decided against calories counting as I find it too easy to eat utter rubbish borrow from the next day etc so instead I have joined WW online today. Although I like classes I know I could find it difficult to make it to one every week but doing it online at least makes me accountable each day and I use the internet a lot!

So joined up...must have a good 6 stone to lose so it will be a long journey but will try keeping the mantra that slow progress is better than no progress at all!

Currently trying to find the best value points for my favourite foods and to use my points the best I can!
Thank you again for kind supportive words when I needed them.

x Becky

What's your fav food?
Maybe someone on here can help you so you don't need to look loads up :)

Thank you to everyone for your advice and help. I think only people who also have struggled with their weight can understand how depressing it is!

I have had a good think about what is best and decided against calories counting as I find it too easy to eat utter rubbish borrow from the next day etc so instead I have joined WW online today. Although I like classes I know I could find it difficult to make it to one every week but doing it online at least makes me accountable each day and I use the internet a lot!

So joined up...must have a good 6 stone to lose so it will be a long journey but will try keeping the mantra that slow progress is better than no progress at all!

Currently trying to find the best value points for my favourite foods and to use my points the best I can!
Thank you again for kind supportive words when I needed them.

x Becky

Well done, you have made the hardest step of all - joining up.

Do you have time at the weekends? Batch cooking is the way to go. I make soups, portion them and freeze them for through the week. I have minestrone 2pp's, curried butternut squash and spiced beetroot and apple in the freezer at the moment. Salads are quick to put together the night before. I roast large trays of veggies and pop them into the freezer too. Great for midweek dinners like pasta dishes or with meatballs.

Do you eat on the run? What I mean is do you go to Gregg's, Subway, McDonalds etc. I can give you info which I made up myself from their websites. It's been a life saver for me. Sometimes when I'm running out the door I don't have time but think I'll get something when I'm out. If you're interested, I can send you them.

All the best for the future, you can do this :)

Back