Valentine's dinner

boggins

Silver Member
I had to tell you guys because this meal was FAB. Went out to a local restaurant with a good reputation, and it was quite Atkins friendly.

My starter was crispy ham on a green salad. Then I had the belly pork with cauliflower in a coconut yoghurt sauce. It was melt in the mouth! So so good, some of the best food I've ever had. :eating:

Unfortunately, it was a set three course menu, and dessert did not include the option of cheese. I went for the chocolate pud with clotted cream, agreeing that OH would have my pud, and I would just have the cream.

Like that was ever going to work! DOH! :break_diet:

Well, it wasn't too bad, I had half the pud and gave him the other half, which he polished off in seconds (and even said he wished he could lick the plate! He's not usually a desserts person- that's how good it was).

He he- naughty me! But as OH says, if you're going to cheat, do it with something REALLY worth it, and that meal was just lovely. Had the price tag to go with it, mind you. :eek:

Anyway, I just wanted to confess, and to say that I am SO PLEASED that I can now cheat like that and not be too hard on myself, and that these days I don't mind if someone eats half my dessert! In the old, pre-low-carb days I would have probably punched him if he'd gone anywhere near it, and then stolen his too!

Well done. Enjoying half after a great meal - fabulous:)

Lots of water now and watch for any of those sneaky cravings:eek:
Xx

I've been running back and forth to the loo all day! I must have drunk 6 pints! :D

No cravings, but definitely feeling more hungry today than usual. When you understand what makes you hungry, it's soooo obvious!

Two nights ago I dreamed we went to visit OH's parents, and we were all sat on the sofa eating chip shop chips. I was horrified- in my sleep! I was thinking "What am I doing eating chips? I don't eat chips anymore!" Ha ha! Even my subconscious is low carb these days.

Well done though boggy for not scoffing the lot and actually handing it over!

I'm going to have a challenge at the begining of march.....we are going to our fav restaurant with mum for her birthday ......their lids are to die for but so is their cheese board! ;) lol xx

Back