Valentines distractions

bluechick

Thought it might be nice for everyone to post what they are going to do to avoid going for a meal valentines !

Ive been so good, we had a weekend away booked and part of that was a lovely French meal. Parents looking after the kids. I was going to start S&S after valentines but knew I had to start when my packs turned up so I decided to sell the weekend away on ebay :8855:, there was no way we could have gone and not eaten something bad.

So instead we are going to the cinema :innocent0002:
and Im going to chop up my bar to eat in there while hubby has popcorn and Im going to have a big coke zero.
Im then going to get myself a massive bottle of perfume with the money I sold the weekend for !!

Had to compromise - yes !!! but hope it will all be worth it.

Hope the jammy so and so who won my lovely weekend chokes on their food lol - not really :D

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hmmm, I love the big bottle of perfume idea (which is what I'll probably get from my OH)
Luckily, he works away so I'll be home alone this Valentines (sob...sob... - er...NOT REALLY) so I get to stay on plan till I see him next month :D

LOL thats a plan, I could send hubby away :)

These occassions are always a stumbling block I think on diets like this. On 11th March its my mum and dad 60th (within a week of eachother), theyve booked a 3 (yes 3) course meal. Im going to skip starter, have chicken or fish and veg and pass on pudding !!

Why does everything revolve around food :-(

Well done you for thinking ahead and having a plan. We can't get away from real life can we really? Food will always be there and we are on this, to learn about a healthier relationship with it.

Cos I knew from the start I was in this for the long-haul, I've never allowed myself to get miserable or feel deprived about it.

For 16 weeks now, I've avoided most of the needless outings and when I did need and want to attend something, like you, I stuck to protein and salad. And when I felt like it, I had carbs (Christmas) and got right back onto s&s as planned.
At first I was scared that I wouldn't be able to get back on track, but this has been a learning journey for me and I now know that I can easily get back to plan and I can be sensible when off-plan without feeling deprived.
Oh gosh, I must get to bed now... can't stop nattering:)

isn't it exciting that you'll be slipping into something tinier for your parents' celebrations?

Not sure what I'm doing for valentines day my bf works nights but I've told him I want to see him on that day so he will definately make the effort.

He knows I'm on diet and respects that so not sure what we are doing. But either way it won't be a meal or anything to do with food

well im working till 8pm then will prob have a bath, so that my valentines sorted, i probably wont get anything so dont care to much this year

I'm with you Maka, I needed to make this as painless as possible as I knew I'd be on it for a while too. So I incorporate meals out into the plan but stick to lower cal / lower carb options and it works out fine and I don't feel deprived. I don't go to everything though - I passed on a couple of lunches at work as a noodle bar and particularly carby Chinese just wasn't going to work for me. I did worry about getting back on track after a break as I just could not get back onto LT when I tried a few years ago. I surprised myself though by finding it actually quite easy this time. I love my hot shake and lunchtime bar at work so it wasn't that difficult to get straight back to it.

Valentine's day? Hmm, I had actually forgotten about that! :). I don't suppose we'll do anything special - just another Tuesday at work I guess.

my hubby to be and I will be having a meal at home , we are having roast chicken, he is being very sweet and having boiled pots etc so i wont be too tempted by the smell of yummy roasties :) I of course will be having the chicken and veggies to stay on track followed by the dark choc truffa bar as he has a tirimisu ( which i hate ) bless him he is good to me,

then we are going to have a lovely snuggly evening talking about our up and coming wedding, and choosing some of the music we will be having at our recpetion and slow dancing away in our living room which will be covered in candles and fresh red roses which will be in my wedding bouquet and just be happy and in love and just as importantly staying on track xx

i know , i know ill pass you the bags to throw up in lol x

i cant help it.... im all loved up and cant wait to get married! new years eve seems a long way off , but we have holidays and lots of lovely things happening before then anyways x

Awww Phoenix big hugs x

Twinkabelle, very cute :)
Phoenix - there are bonus's to being single, eat when you like, watch what you want on TV , no toilet seat being left up xx

just kidding , I actually love being single , and will be dining out with my wonderful girlfriends

I dont know why men do that toilet seat thing , I have 2 sons who are 20 and 5 and they never leave the seat up or pee on it , I suppose its in the training :)

.... plus i get my lovely big bed all to myself !

we are having a belated valentines on the 25th as we got an amazing late deal in a beautiful hotel. Plus its my son's birthday this weekend so romantic plans are a big no no lol. I was in a dilemma whether to put the diet off until afterwards but also tempted to treat it as a spa weekend and just gym, swim jacuzzi soa thing and maybe enjoy some veg and chicken dish without spuds, but i dunno if i'd have the confidence without some wine :/ not sure what to do really....

My OH is taking me out for a meal.he is very conscious of the fact that i am doing this diet so he said he is takin me to somewhere where I can choose foods to keep me on track. No need to worry about alcohol as we live in a dry country hehehehe x

Back