VALENTINES NIGHT

sazbo

Good Evening Everyone

I am due to go out with my OH next monday for valentines night and its a rather lovely indian. It will be the first food to touch my lips in 17 days!!!! (even I can't believe it) I am concerned about how much weight I will gain and getting back into ketosis..... any advice warmly welcomed.

Sarah xxx

you will knock yourself out of ketosis with the indians, but im sure you wont gain much... if you do itll probably be gone by the next week if you go back to the diet! its valentines day once a year.. i wish i had a valentine lol! enjoy yourself just hop back on the wagon after!!

sazbo said:
Good Evening Everyone

I am due to go out with my OH next monday for valentines night and its a rather lovely indian. It will be the first food to touch my lips in 17 days!!!! (even I can't believe it) I am concerned about how much weight I will gain and getting back into ketosis..... any advice warmly welcomed.

Sarah xxx

Have something like a chicken tika starter and a salad as a main course - I've had that before at an Indian and it's not taken me out of ketosis - and offer to drive and drink water? U can still have a nice romantic evening without going completely off the diet.. Hope u have a lovely night x

thank you soooo much guys I will stick to chicken and plain rice and get straight back on the wagon the next day. One more question.... sorry ........... should I have 2 of the shakes during the day or wait to the evening meal? xx

sazbo said:
thank you soooo much guys I will stick to chicken and plain rice and get straight back on the wagon the next day. One more question.... sorry ........... should I have 2 of the shakes during the day or wait to the evening meal? xx

Still have 2 shakes... I would avoid rice if possible just because it's carbs.. But if u feel like having a night off and treat ur self then go for it :)

oh yes.... the carbs good point, I will hope to go for the lighter option as I love salad thankfully. xxxx

sazbo said:
oh yes.... the carbs good point, I will hope to go for the lighter option as I love salad thankfully. xxxx

Hope u and ur partner have a wonderful evening :) x

with indian food it can be difficult as everything is made in butter or oil
but read the menu throughly and avoid the poppadums

well girlies it was the indian or the chinese!! What ius the bigger sin mmmmmmm

xxx

We're having Chinese takeaway for our valentines! But hoping to stick to the Mongolian lamb, wrapped in lettuce leaves and other similar, so hopefully will be able to stay in ketosis (and I'll be avoiding the rice & prawn crackers).
Good luck :)

Hi

Sorry for the delay a long soak in the tub mmmmmmmmmm ready for some zzzzzz. Chinese is my favourite hence why I am on the Exante VLCD!!! I appeared to like it too much!! Hope you have a lovely night.

Sarah x

P.S Roll on next Monday :)

Rachel

I have to say the amount of weight you have lost in inspirational and a total credit to you. It just keeps coming off. Well done

Sarah x

Indian is better btw Sarah. The chinese dont really do anything low carb but at least with the indian you do have those choices.

Mmmmm food....

Just be careful... I ate an indian and where my stomach wasnt used to food let alone anything spicey... my stomach hurt so bad, was making all sorts of crazy grumbling and bubbling and I just felt awful, the only way I can explain it is when Ive seen friends have IBS turns, so try and pick something a bit more plain if you can.

Thanks Sammy that had crossed my mind, will take it easy

Sarah xx

I have the same issue. Hubby wanted chinese but I've managed to convince him to go for an indian because it has more carb free options on the menu - it'll be harder choosing them though, I love indian! going to need lots of support the next day!

yeah get your indian spicy hot

Well im single so i dont have this dilemma haha! Good old choccie shake for me, might even have it hot as a treat. Enjoy yourself :D xxx

great advice, will definitely try to speed up my metabolism

am a mixture of excited about eating and scared about getting back on the diet the next day. in oh so many ways Babystar, a shake is alot less trouble than a husband!

Back