Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Vanilla shake as milk substitute

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Christovee, 19 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Christovee

Christovee Full Member

Has anyone tried this? I've tried drinking it for three weeks now and I still hate black tea. It has such a bitter aftertase. Has anyone tried using a spoonful of Vanilla shake as milk powder? If so, does it work?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yep, I use two teaspoons.

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

oh - and I find I'm always left with some lumpy bits at the bottom of the drink but it is worth it

5. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I have a latte for breakfast and another for supper everyday.

half a vanilla shake, spoon of coffee and 200ml hot water, whizz with the blender, gorgeous.

I can't take it in tea as I don't like sweet tea, but I imagine it would be nice.

6. Christovee

Christovee Full Member

I'm not hugely keen on sweet tea but it's gotta be better than black tea, right?

I don't drink coffee but may have to turn to it.

7. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I never drank coffee much before, I have always been a teapot.
    But I just can't drink it black.
    It is worth a go.
    I have made coffee muffins with it and am trying coffee ice cream today. Just waiting for the ice cream maker to finish :p

8. peanut

peanut Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    ohhh let us know how you get on.

Still not tried your muffin yet. But i'll get a vanilla pack tonight so I can give it a go!

9. whatsnewpussycat

whatsnewpussycat Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Have you tried Redbush tea? It's much nicer black than 'normal' black leaf tea. And its full of anti-oxidants and really good for you.

10. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

I can't stand black normal tea either, but I do like very weak Earl Grey, Lapsang Souchong, green tea with jasmine and green tea with mint. And like Alibongo, I'm developing a terrible latte habit. It really is nice. Yum!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.