Vaniqa?

Bellevie

Hi there,

I just wondered if anyone knows whether Vaniqa is currently available on the NHS? I know it may vary depending on area but I only recently found out about this but also read quite a few comments saying the NHS no longer prescribe it.

Am trying to pluck (probably the wrong choice of word there!) to go to my doctor and if Vaniqa is available I'd like to ask for it.

Anyone's experiences with this would be most welcome!

Thanks, B

I have used it - prescribed from the docs! i found that it did help but you have to good about applying twice a day......I stopped when i was TTC as it has a side effect which can affect the feotus (they can develop both bits). I would use it again if offered.

Oh that's good news, will definitely ask my doc then and see what she says, fingers crossed it's a yes and that it works for me too. Glad you found it worked for you too : )

I was just prescribed Vaniqa last week on the NHS.

My GP wouldn't consider treating me because in his opinion my condition wasn't bad enough, so I was referred to a dermatologist - as they also assess hair conditions - who prescribed it immediately!

Yes it is but it's a very expensive drug (£40 for small tube) so you'll find Dr's reluctant to prescribe it unless they deem it to be vital!

Do you find it helpful? I have a tube from my GP but have been a little reluctant to use it so far.

Do you find it helpful? I have a tube from my GP but have been a little reluctant to use it so far.

Same here, I've got some but it made my face sting so haven't really given it a proper shot.

Does it help? Enough to make it worth putting up with a sore face for a while after applying it.

I have been using it for about a year- it has definitely improved but you do have to keep up using it twice a day or it won't continue working. Although i think loosing 6 and a half stone so far has also helped this year

hi
i tried it about 4 yr ago and i got a rash on my face so i stopped using it so i dont knwo if it helps. i just wax and pluck now, but am seriously considering lazer.
rosebud

Ive been using this for the last 7 weeks and i must say im delighted with the results... I used to have to shave 3 times a day - when i got up, bout tea time and before i went to bed (because god forbid my boyfriend would notice!!) and i moisterised and foundationed myself so it wasnt overly noticable - although i would freak out completely if anybody touched my face ... So after getting into a routine and getting over the initial stingyness/tightness that my face seems to experience for about 10 mins after using i am over the flipping moon! Dont get me wrong i still have to shave at the moment BUT only in the morning - i can even go out after work without worrying that i looked like desperate dan's minging sister.. So if you do get the opportunity to have it .. USE IT! I know it doesnt work for everybody but honestly give yourself 8 weeks and hopefully you'll see big changes :)

Last edited:
Wow that sounds fab, maybe I'll give it a go so. Did you remove the hair before you started or just rubbed it on over it?

Ive been using this for the last 7 weeks and i must say im delighted with the results... I used to have to shave 3 times a day - when i got up, bout tea time and before i went to bed (because god forbid my boyfriend would notice!!) and i moisterised and foundationed myself so it wasnt overly noticable - although i would freak out completely if anybody touched my face ... So after getting into a routine and getting over the initial stingyness/tightness that my face seems to experience for about 10 mins after using i am over the flipping moon! Dont get me wrong i still have to shave at the moment BUT only in the morning - i can even go out after work without worrying that i looked like desperate dan's minging sister.. So if you do get the opportunity to have it .. USE IT! I know it doesnt work for everybody but honestly give yourself 8 weeks and hopefully you'll see big changes :)

Thank you so so much for this post! I've got a tube of the stuff but being lazy I didn't really give myself a chance to get over the fact that it stung!
If there's at least one person out there seeing results I'm definitely willing to give it another shot so thank you for this info!

i did ALOT of research before i used it and i must admit i completely freaked out when it stung but that goes away very quickly.. Good luck, let me know how you get on xx

I was prescribed this but hardly used it half the time (SO lazy!) and thus it was probably me own fault my best result was a bald patch the size of a ten pence piece!

since been refused but am having laser which i am DELIGHTED with!:D can't help wondering if it'd work better in conjunction with my laser ( as it says in leaflet) in saying that i am really happy with laser alone.

My mum actually bought me a laser from QVC so I can sort of have laser treatment but DIY version! Wasn't cheap, but a darn sight cheaper than having it done privately! I havent had the chance to really do it properly yet though.

The Boots own laser machine is also meant to be very good and there are oodles of videos about it online. I haven't got one as it's a huge investment to make and I'm hoping with the weight loss the fluff will begin to subside too. Most of the home kits have very good reviews elb4160!

My mum actually bought me a laser from QVC so I can sort of have laser treatment but DIY version! Wasn't cheap, but a darn sight cheaper than having it done privately! I havent had the chance to really do it properly yet though.

Wow sounds dangerous, well for me anyhow lol.:D

Wow that sounds fab, maybe I'll give it a go so. Did you remove the hair before you started or just rubbed it on over it?

Remove the hair, wait 10 mins, then apply the cream... Then wait for it to dry and then you can moisturise or cover with make up... I tend to have a shower, shave, go get some breakfast, put the cream on, do my hair brush my teeth, put make up on get dressed lol x

i tried this but it didnt seem to work to well for me, i probably didnt use it enough to be honest! Im getting laser treatment at the minte which is on the nhs, i dont know if its every where but i kept bugging my doctor, in the end a dr on cover sent a request for funding and i was accepted ;) took awhile to come through but can honestly say it was the best thing i ever did :)

i had it prescribed a month ago!!!!! went into my gp armed with research (being a nurse helped nagged the obs gynae team for info) was ready to beg if needed!!! but as soon as mentioned my gp was yep not a prob!!! you have pcos so do not need to do test and gave me a prescription..... it has been brill only a month and already improvement.

Back