Variations of slim fast?

gilly37

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, been on SF 3 weeks now and have lost 8lbs. I don't have a lot to lose, want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight so I haven't been following the diet too religiously.

I've been doing a sort of variation of it, I have 1 weetabix or some ready brek in the morning with 100ml skimmed milk and a cup of tea, then a shake around 10.30, then my snack around 12, another cup of tea, then a shake around 1.30, then a snack at 3, then dinner. I haven't been sticking to 600cal I have to say, I've just been making what I would normally make and watching the portion sizes or substituting oven chips for a baked potato... Then depending what time I have dinner sometimes I don't have another snack I just have another cuppa! Oh and I drink 1.5l of water with a splash of no added sugar squash throughout the day.

I have been allowing myself 1 night off per week as well, usually we have takeaway on a Saturday night but I've been making healthier choices from the menu.

Does anyone else do a variation of SF and how is it working out for you? I've lost 8lbs and still have a few to go but I'm not miserable and hungry like I was the first week so I'm happy to take it slowly and steadily!

Gxx

Hi gilly. I followed the plan 100% for 3 weeks and lost only 4.5lb and that was week one. After a chat with my trainer at the gym it turned out i was undereating as i work out everymorning and burn around 750-1000 cals each time so i had to increase my cals so i now follow ww/ cal count but still incorporate SF each day.it worked and week 4 i lost 2.5 and i felt so much better and even hubby commented i wasnt so tired and bad tempered........ so 7 in 4 weeks total and i got my next WI tomorrow. i think people just need to realise the plan is a basis to build ur own plan on.

well done on your loss. tho 8lb in 3 weeks! u must be chuffed with that. x

Stephie77 xxx

When i lost weight before just counting calories I lost more weight on 1800 calories than I am on Slimfast. I do think people should adapt their own plan. it seems that they are saying someone with 200lbs to lose needs the same amount of calories as someone with 20lbs to lose.

I see it as a way to get a lot of vitamins in for the calories and also it helps to get my head in weight loss mode, I also dont have to think about an evening cos i know i'm having slimfast.

Yeah that's sort of what I was thinking adapting it to my own needs. Like today I just couldn't face a shake at lunch so had a pitta bread with low fat houmous instead yum!

I have a funny feeling I haven't lost weight this week though after eating out twice! I did try to be good while out but you always end up eating more than you would at home don't you?! Never mind, we'll see what Sunday's WI brings!

Gxx

Back